Weapons & Equip A few interesting lunar weapon ideas.

Varsia

Empress of Light
There's one main concept here that inspired me to make this, so I'll go over that first. In fact, the only reason I'm making these other ones is because of the whole balancing thing.

Solar
Selenian Scythe
9Fl7Psg.png

100 melee damage
2% critical strike chance
Insanely fast speed
Weak knockback
How it works:
So, when you start swinging this weapon, it spins around you somewhat slowly. As you continue to swing it, it gets faster, until it begins blurring and becomes a solid disc around you. If you start moving while it is like this, you will begin barrelling forward at a very high speed (about 50mph), damaging everything in your path like a minecart, flinging enemies everywhere. It will deflect most projectiles when you dash (like the Selenian), and any contact damage dealt while in this form is only 3/4 what it normally would be. However, you must be right near an enemy to deal damage. You will enter a slower dash early if you are already running, and will speed up to full speed as you dash.

Vortex
Singularity Fire
ZMBbDtG.png

70 Ranged damage
4% critical strike chance
Very fast speed
Extremely Weak Knockback
Uses gel for ammo
How it works:
The singularity fire is a flamethrower. It's not a normal flamethrower, though. It's a rather large, turquoise cone, rather than a concentrated stream. However, when an enemy is hit by it, rather then being knocked away, the enemy is knocked upwards. The longer they are in the cone, the faster their velocity, so you can catapault enemies upward if you follow them.

Nebula
Nebula Staff
5RCR7a9.png

150 magic damage
Fast speed
Average Knockback
Uses 10 mana
How it works:
The Nebula staff fires 3 bolts, one firing straight forward, with one on each side 30 degrees away. These bolts are actually two projectiles, which go up and down in a double helix pattern.

Stardust
Stardust Weaver Staff
(Sprite pending)
25 summon damage
Slow speed
Very weak knockback
Uses 20 mana
How it works:
The Stardust weaver staff summons Stardust Weavers, which are shorter versions of Milkyway Weavers with a special ability. They start off with 5 segments, each segment being 5 damage. For each kill one of them gets, it gains a segment (and thus 5 damage).
That is all. Thanks for reading. Feedback is, as always, appreciated.

Last edited:
There's one main concept here that inspired me to make this, so I'll go over that first. In fact, the only reason I'm making these other ones is because of the whole balancing thing.

Solar
Selenian Scythe
(Sprite pending)
125 melee damage
2% critical strike chance
Insanely fast speed
Weak knockback
How it works:
So, when you start swinging this weapon, it spins around you somewhat slowly. As you continue to swing it, it gets faster, until it begins blurring and becomes a solid disc around you. If you start moving while it is like this, you will begin barrelling forward at a very high speed (about 50mph), damaging everything in your path like a minecart, flinging enemies everywhere. It will deflect most projectiles when you dash (like the Selenian), and any contact damage dealt while in this form is only 3/4 what it normally would be. However, you must be right near an enemy to deal damage. You will enter a slower dash early if you are already running, and will speed up to full speed as you dash.

Vortex
Singularity Fire
(Sprite pending)
70 Ranged damage
Very fast speed
Extremely Weak Knockback
Uses gel for ammo
How it works:
The singularity fire is a flamethrower. It's not a normal flamethrower, though. It's a rather large, turquoise cone, rather than a concentrated stream. However, when an enemy is hit by it, rather then being knocked away, the enemy is knocked upwards. The longer they are in the cone, the faster their velocity, so you can catapault enemies upward if you follow them.

Nebula
Nebula Staff
(Sprite pending)
150 magic damage
Fast speed
Average Knockback
Uses 10 mana
How it works:
The Nebula staff fires 3 bolts, one firing straight forward, with one on each side 30 degrees away. These bolts are actually two projectiles, which go up and down in a double helix pattern.

Stardust
Stardust Weaver Staff
(Sprite pending)
25 summon damage
Slow speed
Very weak knockback
Uses 20 mana
How it works:
The Stardust weaver staff summons Stardust Weavers, which are shorter versions of Milkyway Weavers with a special ability. For each kill they gain 5 more damage.

That is all. Thanks for reading. Feedback is, as always, appreciated.
I Support! I'd Give You A Sprite Or Two But I Don't Know What Sprite I Should Build Off Of.

I like the unique aspect added to all the weapons, but there should be a cap on the increasing damage of the Weaver Staff. Support!

Yep. Do you plan on having more weapons for each pillar? I have a few ideas about it.
I may do at some point, as ideas pop into my head.
They seem to come nigh spontaneously, so I'll make sure to update it as they come to me.

The Stardust weaver staff summons Stardust Weavers, which are shorter versions of Milkyway Weavers with a special ability. For each kill they gain 5 more damage, to a max of 100.
I like this one. Since it has a damage increase, why not make its length increase with each kill like with Stardust Dragon? Five segments initially (1 segment = 5 damage) building up to 20 segments. Plus there is no Worm-type summon that is most effective burrowing through blocks. (No, Stardust Dragon doesn't count because it just flies everywhere all the time.)

So, when you start swinging this weapon, it spins around you somewhat slowly. As you continue to swing it, it gets faster, until it begins blurring and becomes a solid disc around you. If you start moving while it is like this, you will begin barrelling forward at a very high speed
Sounds a bit like the Demon Scythe or Death Sickle projectile? (Just making a comparison so it can be understood better.)

I like this one. Since it has a damage increase, why not make its length increase with each kill like with Stardust Dragon? Five segments initially (1 segment = 5 damage) building up to 20 segments. Plus there is no Worm-type summon that is most effective burrowing through blocks. (No, Stardust Dragon doesn't count because it just flies everywhere all the time.)
Sounds like a good idea. I'll add that now. Giving credit, of course.

Sounds a bit like the Demon Scythe or Death Sickle projectile? (Just making a comparison so it can be understood better.)
Sort of, but it's larger and spins round the player.

Back
Top Bottom