Official Get Wired For Terraria 1.3.1: Calling All Terrarian Mechanics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering where you are going with this? The one time switch/plate as a stand alone I get...but in conjunction with the team counter sensors...just curious what is the concept for the gameplay of team vs team in MP.
Mainly, the team sensors would make it so I can build various routes with different obstacles...depending on the size of the team. That way I can make single player puzzles, 2 player team puzzles, etc...and have them connected to the main course. It would give me the ability to close down (for instance) a solo player route when all the contestants are in teams. Requires team work (depending), and it saves on time and space building the course as a whole.

In conjunction with one time switches: One time switches can be used for certain team puzzles that require each player to cooperate. When you have multiple teams, they don't have to wait for other teams to pass through puzzles.

Also, if some people wanted to go solo while others pick team sizes, I can balance the speed it takes to finish the routes so that team players don't use the solo routes & have a major advantage over solo players.

Last edited:
Reactions: NE1
One thing I would like to see (though it's probably more of a terraria 3 type addition; I hadn't looked at any of the code yet) is something that allows you to make vehicles.

Perhaps a structure that when activated teleports all tiles included in a house and attached to a certain type of wall, one block to the left or right depending on the color wire used to activate it? Count the number of blocks of air, water, lava, and honey; and use it to decide what to replace blocks on the other side of the structure with as the vehicle moves off of those tiles?

I just want a pirate ship to go with the water world me and my friends spent hours flooding and building fountains across

Terraria 1.3.1

-Music box that you can upload songs from your computer to it (activated with switch, lever ect.)
-mechanical bull that tries to buck you off
-mechanical slime that tries to buck you off
-statues for every enemy (rare drop from the enemy)
-ultimate traps found in an ice temple
-ice temple key (opens ice temple)
-new ice biome boss (summoned by breaking something like the bulb that summons planterra, drops ice temple key and acts like planterra)
-another new ice biome boss (summoned with something like lizhard power cell, found in ice temple and acts like golem)
-ice biome is always in the world
-slime wrench (places slime wire, uses gel instead of wire and dropped by king slime in expert mode)
-wire rope (can be climbed and activated)
-wire rope coil
- time machine (when activated teleports time foreword to Christmas or Halloween then after 5 terraria days every thing goes back to normal and gives debuff of no time travel for 20 terraria days)
-rope wire (crafting: with 1 rope + 1 wire = 5 rope wire)
-lights that make nearby zombies run away when activated
-lights that make nearby slimes run away when activated
-lights that make nearby demon eyes run away when activated
-new NPC's (in developers vanity, they sell random items and are like traveling merchants)
-lasers, when activated a laser will turn on and damage players and enemies (range: until it hits a block, enemies, players getting damaged block laser and use colored glass to change the laser color)
-laser direction block (changes the direction of a laser when hit by one and use a hammer to change direction)
-red wire arrow (20 wooden arrows + 1 wire = 20 blue wire arrows)
-green wire bow (10 wire = green wire bow)
-blue wire token (25 wire = blue wire token and more damage done by wire stuff)
-red wire Helmet (25 wire = red wire Helmet)
-green wire Chainmail (35 wire = green wire Chainmail)
-blue wire Greaves (30 wire = blue wire Greaves)
-portable detonator (makes nearby explosives go off and detonator + teleporter = portable detonator)

ultimate traps found in an ice temple
-ice temple key (opens ice temple)
-new ice biome boss (summoned by breaking something like the bulb that summons planterra, drops ice temple key and acts like planterra)
-another new ice biome boss (summoned with something like lizhard power cell, found in ice temple and acts like golem)
-ice biome is always in the world
Yeah, we need more structures.

Ooh, wiring stuff!

Well, the first things that come to mind:
- At LEAST 2 new wire wrench colors (yellow and pink? Fits the Team Colors!)
- A multi-color wrench (right click to "click" through color options)
- Wireless transmitters to convey wire signals over difficult to wire locations, or long range (And for wireless teleporters, please!)
- A variation of Snickerbobble's florescent beams
- Some new functional mob statues, perhaps other functional statues with misc. features
I love the idea of wireless transmitters!

Laser/Optic Receiver Blocks
A Laser Block would replace the need for massive amounts of wires over long distances. It's a 1x1 placable block that sends an invisible laser up, down, left, or right (hammerable). The laser is 1 block thick & goes an unlimited distance in one direction until it runs into a solid object (ex: active & non-actuated blocks). Its signal is received by an Optic Receiver Block. The laser beam is visible when wrenches or mechanics gadget are equipped.
  1. A signal is sent to the Laser Block via wire.
  2. The Laser Block sends the signal to the Optic Receiver Block.
  3. The Optic Receiver continues the signal via wire.

Reactions: NE1
Though I am not completely sure if I agree with your idea specifically...I do agree there should be an early on in game BOAT mount similar to the basic minecart etc...MC has a boat in it and we do have oceans let alone custom ocean worlds.

I was suggesting something like the zeppelin mod in minecraft. And actually there is a turtle mount which is pretty much just a fleshed-out boat

Ball Pit Dispenser
This is a bit goofy but...a 1x1 block that spits out 3 small plastic balls for each toggle signal sent to it. Balls that leave a certain range from the dispenser despawn after settling for a few seconds. Player fully interacts with them (like the beach ball). They float on water. Rotate by hammer.

Bubble Hoop
A 3x1 hoop that you run, jump, or fall through. It puts you in a bubble that's extremely bouncy. It bounces in relation the angle of the blocks it hits (unlike spikey balls), so slanted blocks will affect the angle of your trajectory. You can control its direction left or right somewhat. Hold/press jump to increase bounce height/bouncy-ness (to a certain limit). Attack it with a weapon/tool or click its box in the buffs section to despawn it. Other players can affect your bounce, knocking you around by attacking your bubble...pvp will make it pop & despawn. Two or more people in bubbles will bounce off each other naturally. Sold by party girl in hallow biome. It's more of a fun thing, not meant to enhance anything.

Last edited:
Make Warriors Damage dealers.
What you are thinking when you hear warrior or rogue?Yep.2h or 1h damage dealer with capable of damage dealing and stun locking most of enemys.In most RPGS i played warriors was great DD but in terraria mages overwhelm everything on their way.
This making me sad :(.If you dont make it i will make standalone mod for Last Eruption(Basicly last prism with no mana usage and instead of lasers will shoot solar eruptions),because it will be cool if warriors could actually overwhelm other classes at least at DPS.

I hope you will do something with warrior to make it DD

Make Warriors Damage dealers.
What you are thinking when you hear warrior or rogue?Yep.2h or 1h damage dealer with capable of damage dealing and stun locking most of enemys.In most RPGS i played warriors was great DD but in terraria mages overwhelm everything on their way.
This making me sad :(.If you dont make it i will make standalone mod for Last Eruption(Basicly last prism with no mana usage and instead of lasers will shoot solar eruptions),because it will be cool if warriors could actually overwhelm other classes at least at DPS.

I hope you will do something with warrior to make it DD
Same, and, also, I play a warrior class as my main. It does do quite a bit of damage, but where I really shine is my survivability.

Same, and, also, I play a warrior class as my main. It does do quite a bit of damage, but where I really shine is my survivability.
Yeah,warrior can tank a lot but in dmg he loose even to summoner wich is the weakest class IMO,right now i am testing ALL HM melee weapons and i find only 2 weapons that can atleast overrun in damage summoners:Solar Eruption + Terrarian,i am max dmg + 50% crit gear to atleast get close to Phantasm

Spacetime continiusblade.
End-game sword,can be crafted only after beating expert mode,continiosly emits six beams in conus shape that after 3-4 connects to each other and after 1-2 seconds dissapear,after it everything repeats.
Look likes Terrablade but colored like void with stars
Stats:
165 melee damage
11% crit
no knockback
fast speed
"Remove your foe from time line".
Craft:
Spacetime continius globe(permenatly increases all damage by 30%)(Gravity globe + 10 wires), 50 wires, 10 meteorite bars,Terrablade, 10 martian conduit(or however martian blocks called).
I hope it will be in game so i can remove Solar Pillar from time line :D

Last edited:
I would also love to see a world teleporter. It would probaby be crafted with end-game ingredients like a teleporter + 999 wire + ectoplasm, and would have to take text input using a similar interface to a sign or a chest. Then, when clicked it would act as though you had clicked Settings -> Save & Exit -> (Current Mode**) -> (Current Player) -> (Designated World). This would speed up & increase game immersion when switching worlds.

However, this would also tell players that switching worlds can be part of the game. I'm not sure whether it's meant to be or not. (ie, Is it "cheating" to create a new world just for fishing in? To take a group of players into a new world to forage for hearts, because there weren't enough on the small world they started on? To create a new world in order to get a recently-added biome that doesn't exist in your original world?) Doing this would give tacit approval to those actions and give a specific point in the game where it's expected to be allowed, so you should probably think carefully before doing it. I hope you do, though!

** This might be tricky for multiplayer, but if all Hosting configuration was assumed to be the same, and only the host could activate it, and all connected players were also moved over when they did, then it might work. Alternately, perhaps these should only be possible to activate in Single Player mode.

I would also love to see a world teleporter. It would probaby be crafted with end-game ingredients like a teleporter + 999 wire + ectoplasm, and would have to take text input using a similar interface to a sign or a chest. Then, when clicked it would act as though you had clicked Settings -> Save & Exit -> (Current Mode**) -> (Current Player) -> (Designated World). This would speed up & increase game immersion when switching worlds.

However, this would also tell players that switching worlds can be part of the game. I'm not sure whether it's meant to be or not. (ie, Is it "cheating" to create a new world just for fishing in? To take a group of players into a new world to forage for hearts, because there weren't enough on the small world they started on? To create a new world in order to get a recently-added biome that doesn't exist in your original world?) Doing this would give tacit approval to those actions and give a specific point in the game where it's expected to be allowed, so you should probably think carefully before doing it. I hope you do, though!

** This might be tricky for multiplayer, but if all Hosting configuration was assumed to be the same, and only the host could activate it, and all connected players were also moved over when they did, then it might work. Alternately, perhaps these should only be possible to activate in Single Player mode.
Dude engine probably wouldn't do so much like in game world switch...Also why after all in "endgame" you even need it?Its could be useful only for Yris easy 200 fishing quest dats all,if you logout from world its means you are tired,if you switch world you probably huns useful goodies to defeat BAUS and what you are going to defeat after endgame?Also plantera isnt endgame and you can craft TONS of these with this easy recipe.I think its kinda...useless(?)...Sorry but it is my opinion

.I think its kinda...useless(?)...

You're right... I mean it more as an "interesting" thing, or possibly something to keep doing after you beat the Moon Lord (keep building things, trying to find everything, perfect your world... but if it was available sooner, then yeah, people could use it for things like finishing fishing quests.

This reminds me: how about the next set of bosses being centered around the hallowed regions (which if most people are like me they were using hallow to prevent the spread of corruption) and introduce some kind of consequences for just pooping hallow all over the place when you get the clentaminator. I just feel like the hallowing of the world is a bit of a dramatic nuclear option with no clear downside and that if there were some factor that made it not ideal to have stagnant puddles of hallow all over the place we could have it be a viable strategy to limit the spread of hallow as well, which would be considerably more difficult; as to make it easier in the post-moon lord phase.
[DOUBLEPOST=1446512192,1446511896][/DOUBLEPOST]
You're right... I mean it more as an "interesting" thing, or possibly something to keep doing after you beat the Moon Lord (keep building things, trying to find everything, perfect your world... but if it was available sooner, then yeah, people could use it for things like finishing fishing quests.

Are you sure you're not thinking of Minecraft? Because this is exactly the kind of thing I would like to have seen in Minecraft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom