tModLoader Terrastrial

Would anyone like to see a boss post the Moon Lord?

• Total voters

Nopezal

Skeletron Prime
fHRJ3I9.png

(thanks WhiteWarriorWolf!)

The powers that appeared from outer space... Do they have an origin?
I MUST find out.

Hello everyone! Welcome to the thread of my mod! I'm very excited to share Terrastrial with you all, a mod all about adding content in every part Terraria's missing it (and also adding a few more endgame tiers above it, because why not?)
  • Who?
Just me, a decent programmer. While I don't know any of that advanced programming stuff, like making a game engine or something, I know a lot about making mods and making programs.
I'm bad but not really bad at spriting, since I am slightly color blind. Therefore, I find shading extremely difficult.
If you want to resprite anything I place on this thread, you may.
  • Why?
With the modding community booming and Avalon speeding up progress, I decided to put myself to the test.
  • What's in this mod?
Let's get a tiny sneak peak list up for the coming update, Fundaments:
No sprites yet:
Upgrade Core: Powers up weaker items to compete with endgame items.
Gravity Gun: Able to propel entities around and deals damage based on the speed the entity hits something with. Mostly for fun, but can also halt boss momentum to not avoid hits.
CELESTIAL EATER
Concept sprite, assembled from different sprited parts:
o9FJrCF.png

HP:100000
Attack: 70 (120 expert) head
65 (115 expert) spikes
55 (100 expert) laser
Defense: 70

Has 1 phase - Yes, you read that right! Since the moves accelerate the more damage is done to him, he get's more dangerous every hit.
(EXPERT) He can attack with 2 different moves at once, but takes longer to recharge both of those moves, making you able to expect the next hit.

His moveset is:
1. Shoots spikes from back
2. Rams his head into you
3. Laser eyes? Laser eyes.
4. Slings string at you which can capture you, then bashes head into you
5. Spawns orbs which home into you
6. Spawns flies which attack you

DROPS

Expert:
Treasure Bag (100%)
Gravity Gun (100%)
Upgrade Core (100%)
Normal:
Nothing yet, stay tuned!

For those who want to resprite, here are the parts:
NUxCzG4.png
oAugVqa.png
txP2R8e.png

(I didn't use the leg in the concept art thingy)
In the sky, you will be able to see a few planets. They will be random for each world!
No concept art yet, but that will come too!
  • Updates
This is where I'll place any updates I make. I will try to keep this up to date.
School may hinder my progress - specifically french - so don't expect an update each day. Currently, the big update I'm working on is Terrastrial: Fundaments.
Fundaments:
Update 1: Beginnings
Now that I've returned, I'm going to devote a lot of time to this mod. But not only this one, also Avalon. As I'm developing 2 things at the same time and I prioritize Avalon over my own, next update might come in like... A few weeks, maybe months.

What I'll be working on is some pre-hardmode content and the Celestial Eater. I hope to have both done in the next few months.
  • Schedule
A set schedule for the mod has been made. I decided to split the mod into 4 big updates, with little beta builds inbetween which add content. These are their codenames with some added lore:
Fundaments
The otherworldly beings have called upon another otherworldly menace that eats planets... But as a Terrarian, I can only wonder: How much more powerful can I get from this encounter?
Vectors
2 colliding forces met and are waging war, but not like the Hallow and Corruption were. They seem to be weak right now, but may grow in the near future... Interesting.
Times
As predicted, these 2 forces are contrary to each other and grew far more powerful overtime. 2 protectors have appeared and are guarding them respectively. But with every encounter, I lust for more power...
Forces
The face of force has finally revealed itself to me. To think I was never able to reach it until now. But as powerful as I am, I stay hungry... This lust will never leave.

Last edited:
Nice, you''ll add a new boss pós moon lord, like sun lord?

Well, if poeple WANT a boss post the Moon Lord, that'll be implemented, yes.
However, right now, I don't know the public opinion yet. You gave me an idea for a poll. Thanks!

Hmm understood, apparently it will be a nice mod hype for download link (I want a sun lord)

Erm, hi. Im Mini. I just wanted to say that it may be a bad idea to do Prism. Reason? Right now Prism is hard to install and people would love this mod, though you might wanna be warned that the full released might be held off until Prism installation is easier. Just sayin :p

Erm, hi. Im Mini. I just wanted to say that it may be a bad idea to do Prism. Reason? Right now Prism is hard to install and people would love this mod, though you might wanna be warned that the full released might be held off until Prism installation is easier. Just sayin :p
He did say to take that discussion elsewhere though, so I'd respect his wishes.

Anyway, not much to go on in this mod yet, but I think that (with an improved visual for the Celestial Eater) you've got yourself quite the nasty boss!
Also, a good mod starts with a good name and I'm liking yours. So you already have more ideas regarding the story behind this mod, or is it just going to be a lot of extra content without any background (which is also totally fine of course)?

I'm bad but not really bad at spriting, since I am slightly color blind. Therefore, I find shading extremely difficult.
If you want to resprite anything I place on this thread, you may.

Old one:
o9FJrCF.png

New one:
iYAFFxw.jpg

The only thing I really did is adding some 3D effects, and slightly modified some outline pixels :p
Hope you like it :D

--------------------------------------------------EDIT---------------------------------------------------

Aaaaannnd the logo, it's not the most spectacular thing on the planet, but it's still pretty cool in my opinion :D

fHRJ3I9.png

Last edited:
Old one:
o9FJrCF.png

New one:
iYAFFxw.jpg

The only thing I really did is adding some 3D effects, and slightly modified some outline pixels :p
Hope you like it :D

Looks nice, however, Terraria's art is 2x2 pixels, so I can't really use it. I think this might fit more for other games than Terraria.
Thanks for the effort, though!

Looks nice, however, Terraria's art is 2x2 pixels, so I can't really use it. I think this might fit more for other games than Terraria.
Thanks for the effort, though!

Yeah I thought the same thing, when I finished it I immediately reminded myself that terraria art is 2x2 pixels,but did a logo though ^^

Yeah I thought the same thing, when I finished it I immediately reminded myself that terraria art is 2x2 pixels,but did a logo though ^^

I just saw it, that looks infinitely better than mine! Thanks!

EDIT:
Just saying for the Celestial Eater sprite, Terraria's sprite style is done in 2x2 pixels, not 1x1.

The legs were a quick concept sketch. The sprite should be 2x2 overall.

ANOTHER EDIT:
He did say to take that discussion elsewhere though, so I'd respect his wishes.

Anyway, not much to go on in this mod yet, but I think that (with an improved visual for the Celestial Eater) you've got yourself quite the nasty boss!
Also, a good mod starts with a good name and I'm liking yours. So you already have more ideas regarding the story behind this mod, or is it just going to be a lot of extra content without any background (which is also totally fine of course)?

There's not going to be a story behind the content, since Terraria imo honestly doesn't need a (back)story.

Last edited:
Update 2 (1 has been in there a while): Boss behaviour
Currently working on my boss's AI (rough, unsmoothened movements) and finishing off drawing (eventually).
I may have a solid weapon as a boss drop. It's melee, it's a sword, it lets you fly. Think: Propellor Sword from Shovel Knight. Not posting it yet.

Only 1 drop? Come on, most post-Mech bosses have at least 1 drop for every weapon class.

Oh, I do plan on more drops, and do have some more ideas, but I have to plan them out, but I can't just add unbalanced stuff to the thread, right?
I like to think and work out ideas in my head, and balance them appropriatly.

Oh, I do plan on more drops, and do have some more ideas, but I have to plan them out, but I can't just add unbalanced stuff to the thread, right?
I like to think and work out ideas in my head, and balance them appropriatly.
Oh, okay then. I just thought this was the only drop you planned, my bad.

Also, why are you not pushing things to your GitHub repository? I know that the mod isn't ready yet, but if you already have a repository then why not use it?

Oh, okay then. I just thought this was the only drop you planned, my bad.

Also, why are you not pushing things to your GitHub repository? I know that the mod isn't ready yet, but if you already have a repository then why not use it?
Because Visual Studio is annoying me with it's Git control. I hate it so much...
Also, I had to switch over projects, because there was something wrong with the format of the first one.
I may push a commit to the repo today, if it satisfies your needs.

Because Visual Studio is annoying me with it's Git control. I hate it so much...
Also, I had to switch over projects, because there was something wrong with the format of the first one.
I may push a commit to the repo today, if it satisfies your needs.
No, you don't need to.:) I was just being curious.

Back
Top Bottom