Map-Adventure A Terraria Adventure Map : Echoes of the Lost World

mbran139

Terrarian

From the creators of The Legend of Zelda - Two Worlds, Echoes of the Lost World is a large-scale adventure map inspired by metroid-vania games. The map is very open-worlded, to the point where you can get items in several different orders. The map is designed for Terraria veterans; both the parkour and fighting will challenge even the most experienced of players. We recommend completing our previous map (The Legend of Zeleda - Two Worlds) before moving on to this one, as it gives a good feel for this map. Estimated time to complete this map is 4-10 hours.

Download Link

How to Download

- Select the newest version of the map (as it will have the least bugs)
- Download the map from the link given above
- Place the world file in your Terraria worlds folder (found from User -> Documents -> My Games -> Terraria -> Worlds)
- Create a new softcore character and enjoy the map!

Features

- A large open world filled with secrets
- Branching item progression paths
- Dozens of creative puzzles
- A hint system to guide your way (explained below)
- Attention to detail
- Both single-player and multi-player versions
- Does not require any third party programs

The Hint System

The map has several gemspark question marks to guide you towards progress. Each of them is near a challenge that requires a specific item (or items), and if you are able to complete it, you are able to get to the item the question mark is linked to. Once the item is obtained, the question mark will fade and will not show in your map anymore (you must update your map by seeing the area where the question mark once was). If you ever are lost, at least one of the question marks should provide a path to progress.

OSWwsDS.png
pqsgJAL.png
7aLmRgl.png

Rules

- Destroy your starting items when you enter the map
- No using ANY items dropped from enemies, unless specified
- No buying anything from the skeleton merchant
- No placing any objects
- No breaking any objects besides cobwebs (basically no pickaxes / explosives)
- You may not craft a fart in a jar if you happen to get a whoopie cushion
- It is highly recommended that this map be played with lighting set to “color”
- 1366 x 768 resolution or larger resolution is very highly recommended

Credits

-mbran139
-Noel
-Baih
- Special thanks to everyone who has helped us test our map!

YES!
Sounds great, and will probably be great knowing who made it! Gonna try it out later.

I got the Meatball, and seem to be stuck, I did the puzzles and am now blocked off by the giant pillar with the unreachable lever and the blocked off chain downwards by the momentum heart crystal.

I got the Meatball, and seem to be stuck, I did the puzzles and am now blocked off by the giant pillar with the unreachable lever and the blocked off chain downwards by the momentum heart crystal.

You're not going to be able to complete many of the areas in one go, as this is a metroid-vania style of map. Look for other gemspark question marks around other places in the world if you ever get stuck.

Since the moment I finished your last map I've been waiting for this. I look forward to the challenges you all have provides. I'm pretty hyped about the multiplayer aspect too. Can't wait, downloading now. :nursegrin:

Since the moment I finished your last map I've been waiting for this. I look forward to the challenges you all have provides. I'm pretty hyped about the multiplayer aspect too. Can't wait, downloading now. :nursegrin:

The multiplayer version is nothing special compared to the normal one; we just changed a few challenges that break with multiplayer and added more items to chests.

i found a bug:
in the place were almost everything is black and white the puzzle after the first checkpoint breaks if you flick the lever too much

I finished this today. Great fun. Loved the use of paint, making lots of areas looking different from classic Terraria. Nothing too hard in there. There was only one jump challenge that I had to retry multiples times to get it and that's because I wanted the Crystal Heart. I was often searching where to go next, but that part of the Metroid-vania style, thank god for the map. I would have like a Mirror or something to go back to base faster.

I thought I got stuck early on as I could not do one of the Meatball puzzle and was thinking I needed some other item to do it. The use of the boomerang statue to show what item you need was great, I wish it was use more often.

I got stuck here http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=546411242 and I had to save & quit. I couldn't go back up or jump to break more ice.

Thanks for the hours of fun.

I finished this today. Great fun. Loved the use of paint, making lots of areas looking different from classic Terraria. Nothing too hard in there. There was only one jump challenge that I had to retry multiples times to get it and that's because I wanted the Crystal Heart. I was often searching where to go next, but that part of the Metroid-vania style, thank god for the map. I would have like a Mirror or something to go back to base faster.

I thought I got stuck early on as I could not do one of the Meatball puzzle and was thinking I needed some other item to do it. The use of the boomerang statue to show what item you need was great, I wish it was use more often.

I got stuck here http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=546411242 and I had to save & quit. I couldn't go back up or jump to break more ice.

Thanks for the hours of fun.

Thanks for the kind words! For the place you got stuck in, it looks like you should be able to get a jump and then press left to break the blocks as you fall. We tested it a lot and I honestly don't think it is possible to get yourself truly stuck on it.

Thanks for the kind words! For the place you got stuck in, it looks like you should be able to get a jump and then press left to break the blocks as you fall. We tested it a lot and I honestly don't think it is possible to get yourself truly stuck on it.

Well I couldn't jump high enough from that spot to fall back and break the ice. I couldn't do the jump at angle to the right and then fall back holding left. It was probably possible when looking at the screenshot. In the end I save&quit then came back and hold left while falling, no big deal.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=546411242 Nothing game breaking here, but if you stand left on that teleport (the jungle equivalent of the screenshot) you get teleport in the wall and can walk left of the wall.

I had to use auto-pause to get this chest http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=546411290 is that how your suppose to get it?

Well I couldn't jump high enough from that spot to fall back and break the ice. I couldn't do the jump at angle to the right and then fall back holding left. It was probably possible when looking at the screenshot. In the end I save&quit then came back and hold left while falling, no big deal.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=546411242 Nothing game breaking here, but if you stand left on that teleport (the jungle equivalent of the screenshot) you get teleport in the wall and can walk left of the wall.

I had to use auto-pause to get this chest http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=546411290 is that how your suppose to get it?

The teleporter thing doesn't really matter yeah. For the auto-pause thing, we would never add a challenge that requires you to auto-pause. You can get to the chest by using tabi+blizzard+cloud.

Just finished this map, got everything in it, then hopped on an end-game character and went exploring. Excellent map with some neat hidden things. I'll make sure not to bother the makers on mumble, even if I could. They might be playing dota 2 or something.

Just finished this map, got everything in it, then hopped on an end-game character and went exploring. Excellent map with some neat hidden things. I'll make sure not to bother the makers on mumble, even if I could. They might be playing dota 2 or something.

Haha. One so far has come to say hello :3

We already started building our next map, I'm streaming me and mbran139 building on twitch.tv/noelec every now and then.

First of all, I'm gonna say that I love the map. There are very ingenious use of various items to get through certain areas. But uh... I'm stuck.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=550769077 - This is after I got the blizzard and cloud bottles... I'm assuming I need to use water bolt here?

There is something about both of these areas in the sign in the ice temple at the surface. You shouldn't be able to get through them unless the question mark at the ice temple is the last question mark on the map.

There ends my playthrough. I... well... ended doing something and ended getting permanently stuck because of it. It was in that puzzle room in the final area where you have to guide a firelash projectile while swimming/clinging to walls. I accidentally made obsidian and the lava wouldn't be able to drain properly because of it even if I succeeded in guiding that thing again.

PS: Can't provide a screenshot as I raged and deleted the map + the character I was using for the map.

There ends my playthrough. I... well... ended doing something and ended getting permanently stuck because of it. It was in that puzzle room in the final area where you have to guide a firelash projectile while swimming/clinging to walls. I accidentally made obsidian and the lava wouldn't be able to drain properly because of it even if I succeeded in guiding that thing again.

PS: Can't provide a screenshot as I raged and deleted the map + the character I was using for the map.

The map and player file should still be in your trash can. But yeah sorry for that happening. I am not sure how you managed to create obsidian there.

That was awesome! Though, for some reason in the jungle out of the four white blocks that block the hallway (the one's that are activated by hitting 4 different boulder switches at four different angles) the one furthest to the right reactivated, and there's no way to make it inactive again.

Back
Top Bottom