Official Get Wired For Terraria 1.3.1: Calling All Terrarian Mechanics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we need to sort of "move on" from wires, because they are not very good for making logic circuits. This
would be much better. (wires would still be useful for stuff like doors and traps, though.) The problem with wires is that they only send pulses; there is no "on" or "off", so logic gates don't really make sense,.

I think we need to sort of "move on" from wires, because they are not very good for making logic circuits. This
would be much better. (wires would still be useful for stuff like doors and traps, though.) The problem with wires is that they only send pulses; there is no "on" or "off", so logic gates don't really make sense,.

Probably too late for a complete overhaul at this point; sounds like something good for a sequel.

I Think more traps should be added, 2 Lenses, 10 Martin Conduit Plating and spear trap should make laser beam trap, super darts for laser shooting traps, spiky balls should make Explosive particle trap (trap emits small pulsating "spore sac spores" that explode on contact),and flamethrower should be cursed flame/ichor (world dependent with ichor/cursed flame in recipe as well) (no idea how much damage for these 4 traps.. =P)
as well as more wrenches, statues, a way to craft wires, and more traps to the dungeon, like walk through regular dungeon brick walls that hide hidden treasure rooms and harmful water?
Harmful water.....could be acid.
[DOUBLEPOST=1447051747,1447051343][/DOUBLEPOST]
I have some More ideas,
Magnet
Philosopher's Stone x1
Greedy Ring x1
Celestial Magnet x1
attracts money, hearts and mana. also lowers shop prices and hitting enemys give extra dosh...

(crafted at tinkerers workshop)

Suspicous Looking Plant
Summons Plantera
Vine x5 (current drop from man-eaters)
Jungle Spore x5
Chlorophyte bar x1

(crafted at mythril anvil)
Terrarians Shield
Paladins Shield
Ankh Shield

Gives immunity to most debuffs, Knockback and Absorbs 25% of damage done to players on your team
Only active above 25% life.

(crafted at demon/crimson altar)

True Terrarians Shield
Terrarians Shield
Destroyer Emblem
Avenger Emblem
Summoner Emblem
Ranger Emblem
Warrior Emblem
Mage Emblem
50 Luminite Bars

Gives immunity to most debuffs, Knockback, gives huge increased damage and crit chance and Absorbs 25% of damage done to players on your team
Only active above 25% life.

(crafted at ancient manipulator post-moon lord ONLY!)
It would be crafted at a station made from luminite most likely.
[DOUBLEPOST=1447052049][/DOUBLEPOST]
If they made on/off switches (when toggled send an on or off state signal to objects; wire activated objects would be assigned an on & off state)....problem solved?

So I downloaded & played this very creative map Echoes of the Lost World from a Terraria thread.
Halfway through you had to fight a Brain of Cthulu by pulling a spine out of a chest & summoning it. I thought, why don't we give world developers a tool to make their creations more immersive? So here's what I came up with.

Boss Switches - "Boss Totem"
Activates summoning item via wire.
-A 3x2 (3 tall,2 wide) storage switch.
-Right click opens up a storage menu with 4 spaces. You drop in boss summoning items in them (suspicious eye, mechanical worm, etc). Each space is assigned a number and/or wire color. The numbering is if you want one input signal to summon & defeat all the item summoned bosses in order, rather than having to connect different wire colors to the totem to activate the slots.
-In wire viewing mode, each corner is assigned a 1x1 visible wire color output (red, green, blue, yellow). The middle 2 units are where you connect the input wires; boss summoning & output are affected by specific wire input color (ex: blue input will activate item in space assigned blue).
-If the boss dies, the item used to summon it disappears & a toggle signal is sent via the output space of the same wire color. If the boss doesn't die, the item used to summon it doesn't disappear & no output signal is sent.
-MAYBE let the players stack summon items in the storage spaces.
-VERY UNLIKELY, but it might be cool if you could put statues that summon enemies in the totem; it would spawn a giant version of the creature with multiplied stats.

This will give developers the ability to make game progression with bosses (at least easier); for example, killing a boss opens a door.

Edit:
If they implement an off switch & on/off states...the totem's off state would despawn the boss & not consume the summoning item.

Edit2:
If they introduce Proximity Tape (an idea on pg.101) into the game. If a certain "Tape Loop" (under Proximity Tape idea) crosses over a Totem, then that Totem's summoned bosses won't despawn unless the appropriate entity crosses the tape, all the players in the tape loop's area are dead/not present, and/or the boss is defeated or despawned by some other item. This will make it so world designs work more smoothly.

Last edited:
How about some kind of item transport system?
Inlet chest: Will transport nearby items to Outlet Chest when they are connected with a wire and powered (like pumps)
Collecting/dispensing chest: items near it will go inside it. Releases items when powered.

Also, there should be a way to detect if there are items inside a chest

Alternate fire and alternate sword attacks:
Quick note:Alternate attacks only for swords and alternate fire for guns.
Alternate fire means if you press RMB you will shoot granade/rocket.
Mostly just to add some power to early game and early hardmode.

Another gun alternate fire - bullet burst.
Instead of shooting 1:1 bullets(means 1 shoot - 1 bullet) you will shoot 3:1(3 shoots 1 bullet just like clockwork rifle),but with only half of GUN damage.
Will help megashark,uzi,some other guns in early hardmode will have it.Its unneeded in End-Game

Sword alternate attacks:
Star fury and Beekeeper:Instead of fast attack with 1 star/4 bees, slowly attacks,while attacking rapidly shooting stars/bees,but they will do only 1\3 of damage.Mostly needed to crowd control.
Broadswords:Swipe:Fastly do 3 attacks with nice swipe animation:deal full damage.Uses 12 mana.
Expeert only.Its mostly needed for expert since you need fast way to kill some enemys.

Hardmode ores swords:Super swipe:Same as swipe but do 6 attacks,deal full damage for every attack,uses 50 mana.

Seedler:High impact seed:Shoot big seed,by big i mean HUGE seed,its existing 3 secs,then explode creating up to 6 normal seeds.Costs 60 mana.

Why choose mana as stamina?Just need to find way to spend mana on warrior.

Also some flails have alternate fire:
Meatball/ball'o'hurt:get out here!:After hitting an enemy transport it to you with dealing damage then knocks it with double knockback.Dont cost mana

Flairon:Chtulhunado:Creates small tornado that emits insane amout of bubbles.Bubbles deal half of flairon damage.Uses 80 mana

Solar eruption:Super eruption:Makes sprite bigger and deal double damage,also attack lasts longer.After this attack you will need to wait 4 seconds to attack.In this attack can deal up to 5000 damage per second on single target if right equipment,but if you miss you will be in trouble for next 4 seconds.Cost 40 mana(Since cooldown)

[DOUBLEPOST=1447098541,1447098375][/DOUBLEPOST]If some one wonder about Super Swipe:Its not expert only,works in normal too,if you think "ITS OP!" just think again.Knockback will prevent you from dealing tons of damage.
[DOUBLEPOST=1447098860][/DOUBLEPOST]If someone wonder how swipe will work just imagine this:arkhalis animation:You use arkhalis once and instead of attacking for once it makes 3(6 for super swipe) attacks for mana cost.

Snowball cannons, etc should be a type of mount. not one to go in an accessory, but one that you have to be on to fire. bunny cannon would move too...
Alternate fire and alternate sword attacks:
Quick note:Alternate attacks only for swords and alternate fire for guns.
Alternate fire means if you press RMB you will shoot granade/rocket.
Mostly just to add some power to early game and early hardmode.
I doubt using an alternate fire would allow rockets to be fired, duel wield would be cool though...

Last edited:
Earlier I mentioned Pulse Blocks, that send out a pulse via wire. I want to add that they should also be able to pull enemies & players towards them if you change their function via hammer.
[DOUBLEPOST=1447126168,1447125694][/DOUBLEPOST]Gravity Blocks
In the range of a gravity block, players' and enemies' gravitational pull is affected.
-The block would have 5 phases: Very Weak Gravity, Weak Gravity, Normal, Strong Gravity, Very Strong Gravity.
-This would affect their jump height & fly time, as well as their falling acceleration.
-Phases changed via hammer.
-Multiple blocks don't stack gravitational pull (obviously), but multiple opposing forces (weak & strong) in the same range will cancel each other out.

Last edited:
want specific drop item in Pillar
In addition Something to the Fragment:cool:
Cool idea... maybe a mask... or the monolith of the pillar (Nebula pillar would drop Nebula Monolith, for example)

Gravity Blocks
In the range of a gravity block, players' and enemies' gravitational pull is affected.
-The block would have 5 phases: Very Weak Gravity, Weak Gravity, Normal, Strong Gravity, Very Strong Gravity.
-This would affect their jump height & fly time, as well as their falling acceleration.
-Phases changed via hammer.
-Multiple blocks don't stack gravitational pull (obviously), but multiple opposing forces (weak & strong) in the same range will cancel each other out.

cool idea also, afk farms would be too easy, not that im complaining... :p

Super-mega-duper-TOP-cliche-idea:DO everything like previous updates:
New bosses
New items
New biombe/changed biome
New mobs
More chests types
Add hardcore WoF type boss(means everyone will complain about its HARDNESS but after a while everyone will kill it naked)

I'm pretty sure this is supposed to be a place to only post electronics suggestions...

Anyway, I have heard rumors that a 4th wire color will be added (yellow)
This will cause a problem. When red and green wires are in the same spot, they look yellow.

Having a 4th wire color will be very useful, but I think what we really need are colored actuators, which only take signals from their color wire. This will mainly be useful for making screens.

I'm pretty sure this is supposed to be a place to only post electronics suggestions...

Anyway, I have heard rumors that a 4th wire color will be added (yellow)
This will cause a problem. When red and green wires are in the same spot, they look yellow.

Having a 4th wire color will be very useful, but I think what we really need are colored actuators, which only take signals from their color wire. This will mainly be useful for making screens.
Its supposed to be an electronic and MECHANICS,GAME MECHANICS.
Its not a rumor,yellow wire exist in 1.3.1.
Actuators dont need colors,it will cause more code work,and why exactly you need making "screens" whatever it must mean?

I completed the adventure map from before, but the ending was anti-climatic due to technicalities...plantera kept despawning! But I've thought of a solution. Give world designers a tool that goes hand in hand with a Boss Totem (pg.100) that prevents the need of current despawn mechanics.

Proximity Tape
A placable material (like paint) that will despawn Boss Totem summoned bosses when crossed by the boss and/or player.
-Three different types: player, boss & player, and boss activated (different colors).
[I'll go back & tweak the Boss Totem idea pg.100]
-"Tape Loop": When the tape makes a/multiple complete border(s) with no breaks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom