Weapons & Equip Luminite Weapons! (More specifically, upgrades.)

What do you think?

• I like Continuum.

• I like Soul Barrage.

• I like the Cluster Launcher.

• I like the Swarm Staff.

• I dislike Continuum.

• I dislike Soul Barrage.

• I dislike the Cluster Launcher.

• I dislike the Swarm Staff.

• I like donuts.

• I dislike you. (Jerk. :<)

Results are only viewable after voting.
(Sprites made by the wonderful Jack Morgan.)

So, the Moon Lord tier of equipment is still a bit lacking in some departments, and it'd be nice to see upgrades to some good old weapons from previous tiers. Including a 'True Terra Blade'. Wait, put away the torches and pitchforks, I'm getting to it.

A point that was raised in a previous True Terra Blade thread was the lack of a straight-firing sword in the Moon Lord tier- the closest thing is the Influx Waver, and it's not a very good weapon to begin with. (Or, at least, I've never once had use for it.) The obvious conclusion would be to upgrade the Terra Blade, which is a straight-firing sword, but I think everyone's sick of True Terra Blades.

continuum.png

This, however, is not a True Terra Blade. This is what I've dubbed 'Continuum'- rather that being a straight stat upgrade to the Terra Blade, it has a different function that can be used in the same way. Namely, it fires TWO beams- one purple, one cyan- which oscillate back and forth along their path in a helix-like pattern. They both have 3/4 of the blade's damage, can pierce twice, and have a couple interesting traits. The purple sword (obviously representing Corruption/Crimson) can inflict Cursed Inferno or Ichor, and the cyan sword (for Hallow) can inflict Confusion or Disruption (reduce their damage by, say, 20%), each for about 5 seconds and with a 10% chance for either; that means in a single hit, you can't get both Ichor and Cursed Inferno. And of course, the stats for the weapon are as follows:

Damage: 150
Knockback: 5 (Average)
Critical chance: 4%
Use Time: 14 (Very Fast, ~4.3/s)
Velocity: 10

You'll notice that the damage is about 3/4 of Meowmere's, as Continuum's projectiles have better range, and with two of them they'd be liable to have better damage. It's also slightly faster than the original Terra Blade (which is slightly faster than Meowmere), so there's that too. And finally, Continuum can be crafted using the Terra Blade, 20 Luminite Bars, and a Broken Hero Sword. Pretty simple.

...now, it wouldn't be fair if only melee players got a new Moon Lord-tier weapon, would it? No worries, I made some extras too- upgrades to other weapons from around the same tier, some of which are a bit underpowered in their original form (*cough*spectre staff*cough*).

soul barrage.png

Say hello to the Soul Barrage! This is exactly what its name implies- where the Spectre Staff fires a single 'lost soul' projectile that homes in on opponents, Soul Barrage fires 3-5 at once. And faster. Just like its predecessor, every soul homes in on opponents, and it hits reasonably hard. It's no Last Prism, but it'll certainly give your opponents a very bad day.

Damage: 110
Knockback: 6 (Average)
Use Time: 15 (Very Fast, 4/s)
Velocity: 8
Cost: 13

The main bonus about this weapon, is the souls move faster than before, and you're firing out up to 20 homing souls per second. Less aiming, higher damage, and overall much better than the original weapon. It doesn't quite match Lunar Flare or Last Prism, as they both do damage a lot faster, but it trumps both for single shots. And of course, it can be crafted; by way of a Spectre Staff, 20 Luminite Bars, and 10 Ectoplasm, of course.

cluster launcher.png

Next is the Cluster Launcher, the weapon that made me hate Luminite's color scheme about as much as I hate Titanium's. Because they're both hell to work with. That said, as you can probably guess by looking at it, it's an upgrade to the Grenade Launcher; it has higher velocity (which means grenades that fly further), better firing rate, and a rather unique ability (which has been proposed as part of rocket-oriented suggestions before)- namely, when the grenades explode, they split into four smaller grenades for extra damage. These smaller grenades have half the damage and explode on impact with anything, but they add a lot of damage to the weapon. And a lot more suicide potential.

Damage: 80
Knockback: 6 (Average)
Use Time: 25 (Fast, 2.4/s)
Velocity: 13 (Grenade), 6 (Sub-grenades)

Of course, being a grenade launcher, the projectiles are still affected by gravity, making the effective range shorter than most other rocket-based launchers, but it still does very potent damage. Any type of rocket can be used with this, but II's and IV's will only cause the primary grenade to destroy terrain, not the sub-grenades (and likewise, III's and IV's do not increase the splash area of the sub-grenades- only the damage). And, of course, the Cluster Launcher can be crafted with a Grenade Launcher, 20 Luminite Bars, and 15 Rocket III's.

lunar oculus staff.png

And finally, we have the best weapon of all- the Lunar Oculus Staff, which functions as an upgrade to the Optic staff (because it's my favorite summon weapon, and literally no other reason). This thing, rather than summoning miniature versions of the Twins, instead summons... miniature True Eyes of Cthulhu. And of course, it acts very similar- the resulting eye will float around near you when idle, and upon spotting an enemy, will fly over to them. From there, it'll start using various True Eye of Cthulhu attacks, mainly energy shots, Phantasmal Spheres, and of course, the laser. Energy shots will will come three at a time, with each shot piercing once, while Phantasmal Spheres will come in threes instead of the six True Eyes usually throw at you. And the laser...

I don't think I have to say anything about the laser.

Damage: 75
Knockback: 2 (Very Weak)
Cost: 10
Speed: 20 (use time is irrelevant on a summon weapon, so this represents the delay between attacks for each individual bot; in this case, each can attack once every 20 ticks, or three times per second)

Now, why a minion? Well, ignoring the Stardust Cell and Dragon Staffs, which are pre-Moon Lord, and more useful in specific situations, there aren't any post-Moon Lord minion-type summons. Hence, the Lunar Oculus Staff, which also serves as an excuse to upgrade my favorite summon weapon. That said, it can be crafted using an Optic Staff, 20 Luminite Bars, and 50 Souls of Sight.

I think that should about do it. Constructive feedback is welcome.

Attachments

• Continuum Blade.png
    Continuum Blade.png
    339 bytes · Views: 608
  • Soul Barrage.png
    Soul Barrage.png
    328 bytes · Views: 553
  • Cluster Launcher.png
    Cluster Launcher.png
    275 bytes · Views: 533
  • Swarm Staff.png
    Swarm Staff.png
    215 bytes · Views: 565
Last edited:
Nice, I like it!(and support)

True Terra blade is well thought out and not just increased in damage.

Also, good sprites!

Nice, I like it!(and support)

True Terra blade is well thought out and not just increased in damage.

Also, good sprites!
I wouldn't necessarily call it 'well thought out', as I came up with it over the course of maybe 10-20 minutes of thinking total (though that's still better than most TTB suggestions), but it's certainly nowhere near as generic.

...and please don't lie. You can't honestly say that Swarm Staff looks good. At least I can blame the Cluster Launcher looking merely 'okay' on Luminite's color scheme. XD

as cool as they look, I really hate working with iridescent materials.

i love continuum. however, instead of using the terrablade, have it use a true nights edge and a true Excalibur. same cost, but it just makes a bit more sense. also people wont freak out and say "OMG Y U MAKE ANOTHEER TRUE TERRABLADE SUGESTION!!!11!!!" yes the bad grammar was intentional...and necessary

i love continuum. however, instead of using the terrablade, have it use a true nights edge and a true Excalibur. same cost, but it just makes a bit more sense. also people wont freak out and say "OMG Y U MAKE ANOTHEER TRUE TERRABLADE SUGESTION!!!11!!!" yes the bad grammar was intentional...and necessary
The problem with that is that if the person already made themselves a Terra Blade, getting all the materials to make the True swords again is a helluva hassle.

The problem with that is that if the person already made themselves a Terra Blade, getting all the materials to make the True swords again is a helluva hassle.
not really. its possible to make multiple nights edges in one world. you just have to fish in the dungeon for a while until you get a muramasa. its not to hard to get multiple broken heroes swords, since you can summon the solar eclipse. it'd make more sense, and it'd be a little harder to make. this is post moonlord stuff, what do you expect?

not really. its possible to make multiple nights edges in one world. you just have to fish in the dungeon for a while until you get a muramasa. its not to hard to get multiple broken heroes swords, since you can summon the solar eclipse. it'd make more sense, and it'd be a little harder to make. this is post moonlord stuff, what do you expect?
Thats true,this is post moonlord

Still a massive pain if you didn't expect it, so I'm going to say 'no'.
Maybe could be small true eye of cthulhu like?
Oooh, actually, I like this idea. I'll update this later- Moon Eye Staff, anyone? (actually makes more sense than my original idea, too)

Still a massive pain if you didn't expect it, so I'm going to say 'no'.

thats fair. id honestly rather make another true nights edge and a new true Excalibur. maybe make that an expert mode crafting recipe or something? also, the handle of the continuum should be a lighter shade. luminite doesn't really look like that.

If redigit don't adds these "upgrades" i will spam ADD THIS on his profile and the others of the devs...just kidding

:red:.
Yes.

When I came in here and saw "True Terra Blade", I thought this would be... not very good. I was very wrong.

I give this suggestion 10/10 temmies.

You kept complaining about the bad sprites, so I made you some. Creative liberties were taken.
z3.png
Kept this one mostly the same, added better shading and blade shape.
z2.png
Kinda similar to yours, I guess.
z4.png
Made it look less like a Halo grenade launcher and more like an IRL one.
z1.png
You said you'd be changing Swarm to Moon Lord Eye, so boom.

You kept complaining about the bad sprites, so I made you some. Creative liberties were taken.
View attachment 86746 Kept this one mostly the same, added better shading and blade shape.
View attachment 86747 Kinda similar to yours, I guess.
View attachment 86748 Made it look less like a Halo grenade launcher and more like an IRL one.
View attachment 86749 You said you'd be changing Swarm to Moon Lord Eye, so boom.
Yeeeep, that goes back to me being an amateur. These are way better than anything I could make. Thanks!

Yeeeep, that goes back to me being an amateur. These are way better than anything I could make. Thanks!
I think where you went wrong was not making use of the full color palette of Luminite. That being said, thanks. If you or other people need sprites in the future, give Uncle Di a call.

Back
Top Bottom