Official Get Wired For Terraria 1.3.1: Calling All Terrarian Mechanics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure this has already been said(and possibly even added) but we absolutely need a switch that gets activated from being hit by a weapon. Because there are lots of possibilities with that.
I've seen people place boulders on cobwebs to activate a switch. But yeah, that would be a good idea.

There are so many posts in this thread that aren't related to electronics. I think those people actually don't know how to read...

Anyway, as I was saying before my post got buried under a pile of off topic crap (mixed with some ok ideas):
Colored Actuators!
Adding more wire colors is very useful, but it doesn't solve the problem of controlling actuators that are surrounded by other actuators.
For example, if you are making a 7 segment display, or other display thing, you would still have to leave gaps between the outer segments. Otherwise, the wires that control the inner segment(s) will interfere with the outer segments.
[DOUBLEPOST=1447278540,1447278139][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'm sure this has already been said(and possibly even added) but we absolutely need a switch that gets activated from being hit by a weapon. Because there are lots of possibilities with that.
YES! Especially if there was a switch that was activated by the dart trap, because then we could build a diode! Then we wouldn't have to use hoiking as much.

For example:
2cpp8pv.png

This is my 3x5 pixel display. Right now the controller is huge (the part in the image shows the controls for displaying the numbers 0,1,2,3,4, and 5), because the dummy has to activate the pressure plates. But if there was a switch activated by darts, I could replace the pressure plates with that switch, and make it less than half the size it is now.

YES! Especially if there was a switch that was activated by the dart trap, because then we could build a diode! Then we wouldn't have to use hoiking as much.
A Laser/Optic Receiver diode would be the quick version of that.

I know what you mean about off topic posts. It is aggravating. Also, some people should go into detail about their suggestions, rather than just throwing a bunch of stuff out there.

Game Mechanics: Enemy Drops & Player Pick-ups
Maps like Echoes of the Lost World need to have certain perimeters in order for them to work correctly. One of the issues was that enemies would drop items that would clutter your storage (so you couldn't differentiate quest items from them) and items that would ruin the progress of the map. There should be the following menu selections for the players:
-Enemy kills don't drop items: For a player who selects this, any enemy they kill won't drop items whatsoever (this doesn't include trap kills).
-Disable Pickup: Even for normal Terraria-goers, unwanted items can stack up in your storage unintentionally. Selecting this prevents your character from picking them up (excluding money) in passing.

Screens? What do you mean? changing screens? Computer Screens?
[DOUBLEPOST=1447261092,1447260889][/DOUBLEPOST]

Not a bad idea... could craft with paper, glowing mushrooms and chalk?
Paper is 8 grass seeds at loom?
chalk is a material required for writing on signs and is colourable, for maps, etc?
Thanks. It would make placing traps a lot easier.

And quick shelters that have a bed inside!

Quick fighting areas, instant houses.,

Turret:
It does a certain time shooting attack
Cool time is generated after a while
It will start moving again and cool time ends

I know I'm a bit late to the thread but an interesting idea that I feel would help custom maps become viable without mods or T edit would be a wire activated "alter" that spawns non-loot dropping enemies(which would all only count as kill count unavailable) it could be filled with enemy banners and boss trophies to spawn enemies equal to the number of banners/trophies contained and only when the spawned enemies are killed would it send a signal onward.

also locked chests that can only be opened when powered to serve as rewards for the above alter thus you could create custom challenges like forcing players to fight Duke Fisheron while dealing with 14 Crawltipedes (which need their banner obtainable again why hasn't this been fixed yet???)

And personally I hope for more activate able statues and traps for instance statue traps that spawn hardmode enemies could be a decent threat early game currently the only example of these is the rare coincidental chest statue intersecting with another trap...

Maybe some kind of "command block" (like in minecraft) that can spawn enemies, give items, place blocks, etc. Of course, this would be overpowered, and mostly meant for use in custom maps.

Maybe some kind of "command block" (like in minecraft) that can spawn enemies, give items, place blocks, etc. Of course, this would be overpowered, and mostly meant for use in custom maps.
yeah could work I'm thinking a crafting recipe of luminite bars, possibly shroomite, spectre or hallowed bars as well, the spooky wood and perhaps even some fragments. By the time those resources can be gathered there is no problem with anything being overpowered as you will basically have already beaten the game
Also I'd limit it to enemies probably having it give items seems a bit strong personally...

Game Mechanics: Drawing World Mode
Overall, they should make an official portion of the game (like a main menu selection) that allows you to draw out the worlds. Someone was speaking before about "creative mode", but even with all of the blocks in the world, with some of the adventure maps I've seen, it would take an unnecessary amount of time to carve these worlds out and place all the blocks; which would take time away from testing, playing it, and focusing on other creations. You can play Terraria as a survival game. But once you beat everything what's the next step? Adventure level design & player vs player maps; if anything, those things really add to/make the replay value of any game. They have some third party software, but it would be nice to make this concept a little more mainstream.

Last edited:
Any chance of item pipes, like minecraft funnels, would be great for when you are looting the dungeon and build a derp house with chest. you link them to onw back at your base and all of them would empty into that one as you empty it

Super simple thing:
I want old molotov(old craft dmg and etc),its was cool weapon now its piece of scrap in any moment of the game.It will be usefull only if you start with them.Otherwise there is no current point of using them.

Since 1.3 came out i didnt see anything even related to Molotov Coctail,so i think most of people will be on my side

Map Stations - "Globe"
A placable station that gives players the ability to share & update their maps.
-Right click to activate; right clicking simultaneously updates the station's map & the players map. Another player comes along and whatever was updated to the station will be updated on their map when right-clicked.
Can we please have this Red? PLEASE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom