Official Get Wired For Terraria 1.3.1: Calling All Terrarian Mechanics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking up a cool map setting for worlds. It's called round world and is basically two small worlds put end to end attaching at the ocean that you can walk full circle around. this would be great for PvP maps as one land mass could be the red teams base and the other blues. I don't know how you would do this in programming, but it could be a flat plain that "warps" the player to the other side when they hit a certain point.

I was thinking up a cool map setting for worlds. It's called round world and is basically two small worlds put end to end attaching at the ocean that you can walk full circle around. this would be great for PvP maps as one land mass could be the red teams base and the other blues. I don't know how you would do this in programming, but it could be a flat plain that "warps" the player to the other side when they hit a certain point.

cool idea,

Barrel Canon
-Placable 2x3 station (place it anywhere).
-When players touch it/jump in it, it launches them in whatever direction it's pointing.
-Hammer it to change its modes: spin, still, flip, 4-way switch, etc.
-Right click to change angle.

Barrel Canon
-Placable 2x3 station (place it anywhere).
-When players touch it/jump in it, it launches them in whatever direction it's pointing.
-Hammer it to change its modes: spin, still, flip, 4-way switch, etc.
-Right click to change angle.

Lol, brill idea. just think of the crazy pvp battles. :golem:

iam not that guy that reads all of the pages... so my suggestions is:
MAGNETIC BLOCK
- It would pull items to it
- it could be actuated and pull items to a point
- it could be made to be wire controlled so you could control when and when not to have it pull items in...
;) ma idea

Iron Scout Station
A station where you can spawn a remote robot.
-Made with wires, iron, etc.
-HP range around 200.
-When activated you take the place of the robot, controlling it like you would your own character.
-Each station acts like a chest; whatever the robot has in its inventory goes into that particular station's storage.
-You can exit the robot & come back to it; if every player quits the map, then all iron scouts despawn.
-Scouts don't use accessory items.
-Scouts have the ability to: climb walls, fly for a very short period of time via rockets (can triple jump if jump is tapped instead of held), dig at iron pickaxe level, activate player pressure plates/traps, have a short ranged attack.
-If pvp is activated, will damage attacked players.
-You can set scout to self destruct; doing so will cause a short range explosion like a grenade.
-MAYBE an auto-mode where you can right click an enemy/point on/off screen and it will attack it/dig to it while you exit Scout Mode (even set self destruct to a location/enemy).

Iron Scout Station
A station where you can spawn a remote robot.
-Made with wires, iron, etc.
-HP range around 200.
-When activated you take the place of the robot, controlling it like you would your own character.
-Each station acts like a chest; whatever the robot has in its inventory goes into that particular station's storage.
-You can exit the robot & come back to it; if every player quits the map, then all iron scouts despawn.
-Scouts don't use accessory items.
-Scouts have the ability to: climb walls, fly for a very short period of time via rockets (can triple jump if jump is tapped instead of held), dig at iron pickaxe level, activate player pressure plates/traps, have a short ranged attack.
-If pvp is activated, will damage attacked players.
-You can set scout to self destruct; doing so will cause a short range explosion like a grenade.
-MAYBE an auto-mode where you can right click an enemy/point on/off screen and it will attack it/dig to it while you exit Scout Mode (even set self destruct to a location/enemy).
That would be cool. But there'd have to be an upgraded variant for hardmode

Not related but related : pls turrets, would be awesome to survive some hardcore character situation pls .-. Other than adding value to that side. Make it requires ammo, and down times or something and deal less dmg on bosses. ( ppl afk farm already anyway with summons and stuff if thats a problem :) )

Just a small suggestion: Add texture pack support, it would be absolutely amazing, and bring the game to a whole new level.
I second this motion. It'll pull a lot of spriters back into the game and it'll really help for custom maps to get the right "feel" to them.

I second this motion. It'll pull a lot of spriters back into the game and it'll really help for custom maps to get the right "feel" to them.
Agreed! Many texture pack developers could gain more attention from this, such as NanoPi (check him out, texture pack is great!). Thank you for the support, friend!

Would it be possible to utilize the conveyors to transfer items to another inventory besides you own? Maybe conveyor items into chests? Or maybe a block with its own inventory that is an auto version of a respective crafting station. That way, you could conveyor items to be automatically crafted. That would be amazing! :merchantgrin:

I really enjoy fighting in Terraria so here it goes... An Arena NPC that spawns a really hard enemy, BUT that enemy is your size and takes knockback. Pretty much just being able to fight a NPC player kinda.

i know it has nothing to do with wiring but, just an idea, what if there was an endgame accessory that manipulated the players size and stats granting a specific buff, like the Neptune's shell, hypothetically item 1 and, item 2

item 1- possibly could increase the player's size, and idk double their stats

item 2- the exact opposite shrinking a player and cutting their stats in half, for anyone who wants more of a challenge.

going back to wiring maybe have a water wheel that's activated by flowing water, or water that's actually moving, though that might be better as purely aestetic. there' also the possibility of a freezer that would, well freeze a body of water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom