Map-Adventure A Terraria Adventure Map : Echoes of the Lost World

i cant find it :c
The shaft right next (left) of the tower thing that leads to the Climbing Gear.
This Shaft:
Capture 2015-11-15 12_37_14.png

Refresh page if the image doesn't render in the spoiler.

The bottom pressure plate reactivated. Had to teleport to the other side...
Capture 2015-11-16 19_07_24.png
EDIT:
Should I make the crimson/corruption head piece, or is it in a chest? I can't seem to find it.

Last edited:
The bottom pressure plate reactivated. Had to teleport to the other side...
View attachment 84972
EDIT:
Should I make the crimson/corruption head piece, or is it in a chest? I can't seem to find it.
It's in the map. You can't craft anything except stuff at the Tinkerer's Workbench. Also, that 'glitch' you just need to wait up near there till a slime comes around and trips the pressure plate. Mobs can mess with those.

It's in the map. You can't craft anything except stuff at the Tinkerer's Workbench. Also, that 'glitch' you just need to wait up near there till a slime comes around and trips the pressure plate. Mobs can mess with those.
They are? Looks like I have to search harder...
Also, any tips for the last boss? I'm finding it slightly difficult in the 2nd phase.

They are? Looks like I have to search harder...
Also, any tips for the last boss? I'm finding it slightly difficult in the 2nd phase.
In the Corruption in the underground lake there is a passage that requires both the Blizzard and Cloud in a Bottle to access. The item there might help to make dodging additional damage easier.

Other than that, use the full Crimson armor and make ample use of both your jumps and your Master Ninja Gear. Having a Worm Scarf will help too. It's in that house thing that overlooks the surface lake of the Corruption.

My equipment was Crimson Armor, Hermes Boots, Master Ninja Gear, Blizzard in a Bottle, and Worm Scarf. The last accessory can be whatever (Celestial Stone, Destroyer Emblem, Charm of Myths, or even Shiny Stone if you want), but I think the Obsidian Shield works best so you can kite better. The battle itself is quite easy due to the arena and the Unreal Pulse Bow. Summon Plantara and go down to the bottom of the arena. When it passes a barricade to be able to shoot at you, just jump over the next one. Basically, always keep one of the barricades between you and Plantara. You can bounce arrows off the ground under the barricades to hit it. You can also bounce them over the top if you get the right angles. Once you get to the end of the arena, just jump to the top and dash past Plantara, then back to the ground and repeat the process going the other way. Aside from when you have to jump over Plantara to switch directions, you'll almost never get hit. It might take slightly longer to kill it, but it works (for both phases too).

WARNING - The following review may contain possible levels of spoilers, but I'm not gonna take the time to spoiler tag any of them because I'm lazy like that. :cool:

After the previous map you all made, I was really looking forward to the next one. As a whole, I loved it. One thing I really like about these maps is that it's less about being perfect at things like specific jumps, and is instead more focused on intricate puzzles and designs. The wire work you guys do is amazing. I admire you all for having the time and patience to get everything to work as intended. The blocks that let you pass through but hold liquid are also used fantastically. Tthe overall build and design of the map is incredible. My favorite part of the map is the last area. People who have been playing Terraria for years are used to almost everything in the game. The use of negative paint to make everything appear completely out of the ordinary gave it a bit of an estranged feeling, making it feel like it's almost a new game. It also made a few things really tricky to deal with. I think it worked out very well.

One of the attractive points of your previous map was how open it was. Each of the three temple areas had an item requirements, but there was no particular order to which area you completed first (aside from the last place obviously being the last place). This map had a bit of that same openness. Well... at first it did. Even though you only start out with the ice area, you quickly get to the other two. The first half of the game was very open, but it seemed to die out after a while. In fact, after exploring for a while I ended up with one place after another where I couldn't advance without another item. It started with only a couple, but ended up being the entire map. I had to keep scanning through the map to figure out where to go next, get one item, then scan the map again for the next place. The amount of backtracking became stressful, needing to re-look at every place I've been to see what I might be able to get past. Since looking at the map took so long, I often had to return to the spaceship first so enemies didn't start killing me. About halfway through the map started to feel less like an adventure and more like a Where's Waldo book. I understand having times where you get to something and have to come back, I just think it might be better to not have it be as excessive.

If I could change one thing it would be the location of the cobalt shield. I would definitely let the player acquire it before the mushroom/meteorite area. The reason I say this is because that area requires a lot of precise jumps, and missing one could easily end in the player's death due to fall damage. It wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the hundreds of meteor heads you have to fight off. Every time I needed to make a jump there were meteor heads in the way ready to knock me around. Without the shield to prevent knockback you have to sit there and farm them up until you have a clear path to jump. I spent so much time just trying to fend them off I ended up with about 15 meteor head banners. I also died a total of seven times on the entire map, all of which were due to being knocked around be meteor heads while trying to make it through that area. And you can't just hang onto the side of one of the mushrooms since they move through all blocks. Making it so the jumps in that area didn't require as much precision would help, but I think the better option would be to just give the player the cobalt shield so they can jump through the heads if necessary. I love the map, and played it through to the end, but that area killed my desire to ever replay it.

All in all I loved the map. There's a few things I'd consider changing, but it was an overall good experience. I've enjoyed the maps you've all made as a group and I hope you continue to make them. I look forward to future endeavors from you all. Thanks for the fun. :dryadhappy:

Last edited:
My equipment was Crimson Armor, Hermes Boots, Master Ninja Gear, Blizzard in a Bottle, and Worm Scarf. The last accessory can be whatever (Celestial Stone, Destroyer Emblem, Charm of Myths, or even Shiny Stone if you want), but I think the Obsidian Shield works best so you can kite better. The battle itself is quite easy due to the arena and the Unreal Pulse Bow. Summon Plantara and go down to the bottom of the arena. When it passes a barricade to be able to shoot at you, just jump over the next one. Basically, always keep one of the barricades between you and Plantara. You can bounce arrows off the ground under the barricades to hit it. You can also bounce them over the top if you get the right angles. Once you get to the end of the arena, just jump to the top and dash past Plantara, then back to the ground and repeat the process going the other way. Aside from when you have to jump over Plantara to switch directions, you'll almost never get hit. It might take slightly longer to kill it, but it works (for both phases too).

WARNING - The following review may contain possible levels of spoilers, but I'm not gonna take the time to spoiler tag any of them because I'm lazy like that. :cool:

After the previous map you all made, I was really looking forward to the next one. As a whole, I loved it. One thing I really like about these maps is that it's less about being perfect at things like specific jumps, and is instead more focused on intricate puzzles and designs. The wire work you guys do is amazing. I admire you all for having the time and patience to get everything to work as intended. The blocks that let you pass through but hold liquid are also used fantastically. Tthe overall build and design of the map is incredible. My favorite part of the map is the last area. People who have been playing Terraria for years are used to almost everything in the game. The use of negative paint to make everything appear completely out of the ordinary gave it a bit of an estranged feeling, making it feel like it's almost a new game. It also made a few things really tricky to deal with. I think it worked out very well.

One of the attractive points of your previous map was how open it was. Each of the three temple areas had an item requirements, but there was no particular order to which area you completed first (aside from the last place obviously being the last place). This map had a bit of that same openness. Well... at first it did. Even though you only start out with the ice area, you quickly get to the other two. The first half of the game was very open, but it seemed to die out after a while. In fact, after exploring for a while I ended up with one place after another where I couldn't advance without another item. It started with only a couple, but ended up being the entire map. I had to keep scanning through the map to figure out where to go next, get one item, then scan the map again for the next place. The amount of backtracking became stressful, needing to re-look at every place I've been to see what I might be able to get past. Since looking at the map took so long, I often had to return to the spaceship first so enemies didn't start killing me. About halfway through the map started to feel less like an adventure and more like a Where's Waldo book. I understand having times where you get to something and have to come back, I just think it might be better to not have it be as excessive.

If I could change one thing it would be the location of the cobalt shield. I would definitely let the player acquire it before the mushroom/meteorite area. The reason I say this is because that area requires a lot of precise jumps, and missing one could easily end in the player's death due to fall damage. It wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the hundreds of meteor heads you have to fight off. Every time I needed to make a jump there were meteor heads in the way ready to knock me around. Without the shield to prevent knockback you have to sit there and farm them up until you have a clear path to jump. I spent so much time just trying to fend them off I ended up with about 15 meteor head banners. I also died a total of seven times on the entire map, all of which were due to being knocked around be meteor heads while trying to make it through that area. And you can't just hang onto the side of one of the mushrooms since they move through all blocks. Making it so the jumps in that area didn't require as much precision would help, but I think the better option would be to just give the player the cobalt shield so they can jump through the heads if necessary. I love the map, and played it through to the end, but that area killed my desire to ever replay it.

All in all I loved the map. There's a few things I'd consider changing, but it was an overall good experience. I've enjoyed the maps you've all made as a group and I hope you continue to make them. I look forward to future endeavors from you all. Thanks for the fun. :dryadhappy:

I'm glad you enjoyed playing our map. We generally don't like to make challenges that take pixel perfect jumps or anything, so that's why you don't really see them. We make sure we can do every parkour thing on the map pretty much without any thought.

The openness was definitely something we wanted to go for again. When I first told the idea of the map to mbran139 and Baih, I was thinking that you wouldn't need to collect all the key items but some of them would work as replacements for each other (like meteor bullets and water bolt), but it quite quickly came apparent that it wasn't such a good idea, so we scrapped it. The late parts of the map used to be more open too, but unfortunately getting items in different orders caused so many issues with challenges (any parkour challenge changes completely if you have cloud/blizzard etc), that we had to make it more linear at that point. With only couple questions marks left at that point, we felt like it was fine, as the player will probably relatively quickly find a new area to advance in.

The meteor part was an idea we came up with when we were screwing around with negative paint for fun and realized how much the negative meteorite/hellstone resemble phazon (some silly stuff from Metroid Prime games) and thus wanted to make an area that reminded us of Phazon Mines (from Metroid Prime). As we are very comfortable with climbing gear, the parkour there didn't cause us any issues. The meteorheads on the other hand could cause some annoyance, but only if I didn't have the musket yet. Our last tester (who was below average at parkour) had so many issues getting past that area tho that we made most of the jumps a bit easier. It is still the hardest part of the map for sure, but it is really hard for us to judge, as we sometimes don't realize how people haven't used climbing gear necessarily at all before.

We did kinda go through what we liked about the map and what not, and we realized the progression system with items was kinda flawed in the first place. We have started making a new map, but unfortunately I have no guessed when that would be coming out, probably not that soon as our motivation to build these adventure maps change a lot.
Thanks for writing this long review. I get a lot of motivation to make more maps when I see people that actually care about what we do.

One of the attractive points of your previous map was how open it was. Each of the three temple areas had an item requirements, but there was no particular order to which area you completed first (aside from the last place obviously being the last place). This map had a bit of that same openness. Well... at first it did. Even though you only start out with the ice area, you quickly get to the other two. The first half of the game was very open, but it seemed to die out after a while. In fact, after exploring for a while I ended up with one place after another where I couldn't advance without another item. It started with only a couple, but ended up being the entire map. I had to keep scanning through the map to figure out where to go next, get one item, then scan the map again for the next place.

Unfortunately that's kinda how Metroidvania works. Lots of freedom to explore early on, showing you what it has to offer, but quickly starts restricting where you can go. It's supposed to serve as an incentive to explore, but it can be frustrating at times. I haven't played this map myself yet, but as a huge fan of Metroid games I plan on it.

Finished the map!
Capture 2015-11-18 15_40_34.png

Just want to know if I took all the items.
I have:

• Sunfury
  • Meatball
  • Chain knife
  • Musket
  • Ice boomerang
  • Harpoon
  • Fire Flower
  • Flamelash
  • Waterbolt
  • Pulse Bow
  • Hand Gun(can't remember the name. Revolver?)
  • Cobalt armor set
  • Silver armor set
  • Crimson armor set
  • Shadow armor set
  • Hallowed armor set(didn't use this for the fight)
  • Worm Scarf
  • Lava Waders
  • Flurry Boots
  • Obsidian Shield
  • Master Ninja Gear
  • Blizzard in a bottle
  • Cloud in a bottle
  • Shiny stone
  • Charm of Myths
  • Celestial Stone
  • Jellyfish Diving Gear
  • 380 health
Did I leave anything? If so, what?

Great map guys! I enjoyed fully. Keep it up.

Finished the map!
View attachment 85066

Just want to know if I took all the items.
I have:

• Sunfury
  • Meatball
  • Chain knife
  • Musket
  • Ice boomerang
  • Harpoon
  • Fire Flower
  • Flamelash
  • Waterbolt
  • Pulse Bow
  • Hand Gun(can't remember the name. Revolver?)
  • Cobalt armor set
  • Silver armor set
  • Crimson armor set
  • Shadow armor set
  • Hallowed armor set(didn't use this for the fight)
  • Worm Scarf
  • Lava Waders
  • Flurry Boots
  • Obsidian Shield
  • Master Ninja Gear
  • Blizzard in a bottle
  • Cloud in a bottle
  • Shiny stone
  • Charm of Myths
  • Celestial Stone
  • Jellyfish Diving Gear
  • 380 health
Did I leave anything? If so, what?

Great map guys! I enjoyed fully. Keep it up.

Uh, we don't actually have a perfect list of all the obtainables of the map, but at least destroyer emblem and 1 life crystal. You should also have 80 mana without any accessories/armor.

Fantastic map (both of your maps are actually). Had great fun playing it. I found a couple interesting quirks though.

In the red, green, and black area (not sure what to call it aside from that) where you get the Tabi you can break the first block puzzle if you hit the lever too quickly... which I did by accident. And just noticed somebody else already mentioned it.

For the Flamelash you can get it early if you are good with your boomerang if you go through the jungle entrance. I actually got this before the Tabi. Also, how do you get the Heart above the Flamelash?

The final puzzle before Plantera can be completed solely with the Harpoon if you are good with it.

Just realized I evidently missed the Hallow Armor... that would've made Plantera a bit easier, as it was I steamrolled her with Crimson Armor.

Greatly enjoyed the map. Was interesting and challenging without being rage inducing. Can't wait to see any more that you make.

Fantastic map (both of your maps are actually). Had great fun playing it. I found a couple interesting quirks though.

In the red, green, and black area (not sure what to call it aside from that) where you get the Tabi you can break the first block puzzle if you hit the lever too quickly... which I did by accident. And just noticed somebody else already mentioned it.

For the Flamelash you can get it early if you are good with your boomerang if you go through the jungle entrance. I actually got this before the Tabi. Also, how do you get the Heart above the Flamelash?

The final puzzle before Plantera can be completed solely with the Harpoon if you are good with it.

Just realized I evidently missed the Hallow Armor... that would've made Plantera a bit easier, as it was I steamrolled her with Crimson Armor.

Greatly enjoyed the map. Was interesting and challenging without being rage inducing. Can't wait to see any more that you make.

1) The wiring in the blackwhite pixelish area is not cheatproof indeed unfortunately.
2) I probably should look more into this... Oh and the heart crystal is obtainable with the usual cloud + blizzard + tabi + climbing claws stuff. Just basic parkour.
3) With only harpoon? Oh well, that doesn't matter in the end really.
4) The hallowed armor shows up only after you enter the place for the 3rd time or something. We added that and even another armor just incase some people were having issues beating plantera.

4) The hallowed armor shows up only after you enter the place for the 3rd time or something. We added that and even another armor just incase some people were having issues beating plantera.
Hallowed set is in there? Wow, looks like I got some searching to do.

Hallowed set is in there? Wow, looks like I got some searching to do.

Uh, it's not what you think. If we made a list we wouldn't include that (nor the even better armor), as they are there only to help people who are having problems fighting plantera to actually finish the map. The armor is given to the player when he has attempted plantera twice already, and another armor is given after several more attempts. It's not a reward of any kind.

Uh, it's not what you think. If we made a list we wouldn't include that (nor the even better armor), as they are there only to help people who are having problems fighting plantera to actually finish the map. The armor is given to the player when he has attempted plantera twice already, and another armor is given after several more attempts. It's not a reward of any kind.
Oh...

Back
Top Bottom