Weapons & Equip Frostguard Shield

Would you like to see this in the game?

• Total voters

bad_news

Duke Fishron
I appreciate any and all feedback!

A proposal to add some uses to some accessories that didn't have them before and that synergize extremely well.

Frostguard
Frostguard.png

Shield-type Accessory
Rarity:
Rarity_color_8.png

+8 defense
+25 defense when below 25% health
+Immunity to cold-related debuffs
=Absorb some damage taken by allies above 25% health

Recipe:
  • Frozen_Turtle_Shell.png
    1 Frozen Turtle Shell
  • Paladin%27s_Shield.png
    1 Paladin's Shield
  • Hand_Warmer.png
    1 Hand Warmer

The Hand Warmer would now be a 1% drop from Spiked Ice Slimes and Ice Bats.

Here's a bonus spritesheet for it while equipped
Frostguard_acc.png

Last edited:
This is pretty good!
Crafting is well balanced and adds some use to the Hand Warmers.
Thank you! This was something that seemed logical to me; the paladin's shield and frozen turtle shell synchronize so well, and the hand warmer is currently near-useless. Frost cores seemed like a logical final ingredient, since they're only used to make frost armor currently and they tend to accumulate.

That's a great shield, without problem. Do you think combining it with ankh shield would be op? (basically, a very warding ankh shield that gives immunity to even more debuffs...)?

Also, I can't understand why the "on fire" debuff can't be cancelled: that's quite a basic debuff, and we can imagine a solution quite easily.
So... why not a fire extinguisher found in hell that can combine to the blindfold, and then to the bandages, the mantra, the bracing and the plan to make a ankh charm?

That's a great shield, without problem. Do you think combining it with ankh shield would be op? (basically, a very warding ankh shield that gives immunity to even more debuffs...)?

Also, I can't understand why the "on fire" debuff can't be cancelled: that's quite a basic debuff, and we can imagine a solution quite easily.
So... why not a fire extinguisher found in hell that can combine to the blindfold, and then to the bandages, the mantra, the bracing and the plan to make a ankh charm?
I'm planning to add a tinker of this with the ankh charm/shield if i can balance that enough and make a nice sprite.

Nice, balanced, simple. I like the frost theme, although I don't think the frost cores should be in the recipe, tinkering recipes don't usually have non accessory items in. Overall good, combines three underused accessories.
I'm planning to add a tinker of this with the ankh charm/shield if i can balance that enough and make a nice sprite.
please don't. the ankh shield is already overpowered.

Nice, balanced, simple. I like the frost theme, although I don't think the frost cores should be in the recipe, tinkering recipes don't usually have non accessory items in. Overall good, combines three underused accessories.

please don't. the ankh shield is already overpowered.
yeah, only if I could find a way to balance it.

I'd like to give you this to help spruce up your thread ;) :
Rarity_color_8.png

Sounds good, but a lot of people have suggested similar things.

And sweet sprite.

I'd like to give you this to help spruce up your thread ;) :
Rarity_color_8.png

Sounds good, but a lot of people have suggested similar things.

And sweet sprite.
Thank you! I did try searching, but I didn't come across anything too similar. Do you happen to have a link to any?

I like this, but you do realize that you can only get hand warmers during Christmas, meaning that this could only be made during Christmas?

Back
Top Bottom