Weapons & Equip More combined items?

samufinland

Empress of Light
It would be really cool to be able to combine more accessories like Lava Vaders and Frostspark Boots. They are both boots and they both are used in movement. Also, their themes are the polar opposites, freeze and lava.

Buldle of balloons and the rest of the balloons.
-there are three other special balloons in the game but they can't be combined?
-maybe even those could be combined, creating a bundle of 6 balloons!

Expert items
-why not? It would make no sense for them to be combined with non-expert items and just combining every expert item might make sense

The shields
-Ankh Shield and Paladin's Shield might be good combined, maybe with the boots.

Also, Ankh Shield offers no protection against lava or On Fire! debuff.

More things to add the horseshoe to, like boots

Maybe more upgrades to the Artic Diving Helmet, it is useful but it gets forgotten quickly after the player gets the Neptune's Shell, which is a shame since the player will spend a lot of time to get the parts to get the helmet since every part is rare. It feels a little useless when not underwater so what about adding the balloons on the helmet? Pressing up while underwater releases the balloons, allowing the player to quickly get to the surface at well as having 5 jumps in mid air and summon bees(balloons?) when hurt.

Tell me your optinion about my ideas!

Most of the suggestions here have balance issues. In general, I'd say the limit of five (six in Expert Mode) accessories should be mostly respected.

- Frostspark + Waders has been deemed OP by Red, for understandable reasons.
- A pre-Hardmode sextuple jump is quite powerful, let alone adding an on hurt effect to that.
- Expert Mode items are usually very powerful in their own right, and combining them can have contradicting effects (e.g. Spore Sac requires enemies to be close to you, while Brain of Confusion causes enemies to do exactly not that, Shield of Cthulhu is a mobility items while Shiny Stone requires you to stand still).
- I might agree with the Ankh Shield + Paladin's Shield combo, provided the amount of defense it offers stays at 6, even then I'm not sure. Combining it with boots however is not in any way justifiable.
- Horseshoes become obsolete in early Hardmode, I don't think they need another implementation.
- Arctic Diving Gear applications are always welcome, however I think the balloons are rather redundant considering it already contains Flippers.

No support for the items you mentioned. I understand that you would like to have 'every ability' within your 5 equipment slots, but sometimes you'll simply need to make choices. I can accept the Celestial Shell being added, as no one would use the Moon Shell and its descendants otherwise. But, the tinkers you are mentioning have been suggested too much already and are simply unbalanced. I think we've all thought about Lava Waders + Frostspark Boots once, but it's not going to happen. It would be too many abilities in one slot.

Most of the suggestions here have balance issues. In general, I'd say the limit of five (six in Expert Mode) accessories should be mostly respected.

- Frostspark + Waders has been deemed OP by Red, for understandable reasons.
- A pre-Hardmode sextuple jump is quite powerful, let alone adding an on hurt effect to that.
- Expert Mode items are usually very powerful in their own right, and combining them can have contradicting effects (e.g. Spore Sac requires enemies to be close to you, while Brain of Confusion causes enemies to do exactly not that, Shield of Cthulhu is a mobility items while Shiny Stone requires you to stand still).
- I might agree with the Ankh Shield + Paladin's Shield combo, provided the amount of defense it offers stays at 6, even then I'm not sure. Combining it with boots however is not in any way justifiable.
- Horseshoes become obsolete in early Hardmode, I don't think they need another implementation.
- Arctic Diving Gear applications are always welcome, however I think the balloons are rather redundant considering it already contains Flippers.

No support for the items you mentioned. I understand that you would like to have 'every ability' within your 5 equipment slots, but sometimes you'll simply need to make choices. I can accept the Celestial Shell being added, as no one would use the Moon Shell and its descendants otherwise. But, the tinkers you are mentioning have been suggested too much already and are simply unbalanced. I think we've all thought about Lava Waders + Frostspark Boots once, but it's not going to happen. It would be too many abilities in one slot.

Okay then, thank you for responding

Nothing offers protection against Fire, Cursed Flames or Frostburn. (They're all similar 'fire' type things.) There are a few other status effects that also have no protection: Venom, Ichor and Electrocuted come to mind. There's probably more.

There are also no accessories that provide permanent protection against lava. The Lava Charm gives 7 seconds whereas the Obsidian Skin Potion grants immunity to lava.

It would be really cool to be able to combine more accessories like Lava Vaders and Frostspark Boots. They are both boots and they both are used in movement. Also, their themes are the polar opposites, freeze and lava.
It sounds good in theory... but try putting both boots on and playing for a bit. You'll find the water walking aspect of the Lava Waders to get frustrating after a while. Frostspark Boots are practically a requirement for the movement bonuses, but I tend to swap my Shell and Lava Waders depending on my depth.

Expert items
-why not? It would make no sense for them to be combined with non-expert items and just combining every expert item might make sense
This needs more explanation. Off the top of my head, I can't think of expert items that are relevant to each other. (In particular, at least one expert item isn't even an accessory.)

Nothing offers protection against Fire, Cursed Flames or Frostburn. (They're all similar 'fire' type things.) There are a few other status effects that also have no protection: Venom, Ichor and Electrocuted come to mind. There's probably more.

There are also no accessories that provide permanent protection against lava. The Lava Charm gives 7 seconds whereas the Obsidian Skin Potion grants immunity to lava.

It sounds good in theory... but try putting both boots on and playing for a bit. You'll find the water walking aspect of the Lava Waders to get frustrating after a while. Frostspark Boots are practically a requirement for the movement bonuses, but I tend to swap my Shell and Lava Waders depending on my depth.

This needs more explanation. Off the top of my head, I can't think of expert items that are relevant to each other. (In particular, at least one expert item isn't even an accessory.)

Thank you for responding Well, you are right about the water walking. Well, the Bone Glove, Duke Fishron mount and Suspicious Looking Tentacle are not accessories. That was a pretty bad idea but the Bone Glove could give a boost to throwing bones, the mount(when combined with other items) would not be a mount anymore andcould give you a speed boost if your health is below half or if you touch water, just like the mount does. The tentacle that summons the eye that shows nearby treasure might work like a mining helmet light effect but with showing nearby treasure
[DOUBLEPOST=1448341498,1448341431][/DOUBLEPOST]I have no idea why that quote appeared. Weird

Well, the boot combination wouldn't be that unbalanced. After all, you need...
Hermes boots
Rocket Boots
a Tinkerer's Workshop
Anglet
Anglet of the Wind(somewhat rare)
Ice Skates(pretty rare)
Water Walking Boots
Obsidian Skull
Lava Charm(This one seems really rare)

If it needs an extra part to be crafted, something Hardmode or just really rare. The Flower Boots are extremely rare but if they were combined with these the new item would be really annoying as Flower Boots create flowers everywhere and they can only be used to farm worms and grasshoppers. If the flower spawning were decreased it might work, adding balance to the resulting item by requiring an extremely rare and almost useless item. Requiring hardmode items would also balance the item pretty well.

Well, I like these ideas, especially shields and boots. I'm not very sure about sextuple bloons, maybe add Souls of Flight to their recipe for balance?
For me combining Expert Mode items is not necessary. They are good now.
I support in ~75%.

Well, I like these ideas, especially shields and boots. I'm not very sure about sextuple bloons, maybe add Souls of Flight to their recipe for balance?
For me combining Expert Mode items is not necessary. They are good now.
I support in ~75%.
Thank you. Most of those were just random suggestions I knew they wouldn't possibly get in the game. I just really like finding rare items and combining them... The balloons are almost useless in Hardmode, especially if you need to be careful. Souls of light would work. What if there was Balloon Wings? Crafted from all six balloons and Souls of Flight? Instead of flying it allows the player do a certain amount of double jumps and then can be used to float.

Adding Flower Boots to the boot combo might add balance since those are almost useless and extremely rare. The flower effect would only work if you press down. It is useless but the benefits of the two other boots balance it

Thank you. Most of those were just random suggestions I knew they wouldn't possibly get in the game. I just really like finding rare items and combining them... The balloons are almost useless in Hardmode, especially if you need to be careful. Souls of light would work. What if there was Balloon Wings? Crafted from all six balloons and Souls of Flight? Instead of flying it allows the player do a certain amount of double jumps and then can be used to float.

Adding Flower Boots to the boot combo might add balance since those are almost useless and extremely rare. The flower effect would only work if you press down. It is useless but the benefits of the two other boots balance it
I don't really support combining Flower Boots with that combo, because some armor sets use tapping down button.
Btw - I also write random suggestions that come to my mind, and then let community tell what it thinks about it.

Okay, not the down button but there must be a button to disable it, no one wants ho have flowers everywhere
[DOUBLEPOST=1448466697,1448466662][/DOUBLEPOST]
I don't really support combining Flower Boots with that combo, because some armor sets use tapping down button.
Btw - I also write random suggestions that come to my mind, and then let community tell what it thinks about it.
Forgot to quote your comment.

Okay, not the down button but there must be a button to disable it, no one wants ho have flowers everywhere
[DOUBLEPOST=1448466697,1448466662][/DOUBLEPOST]
Forgot to quote your comment.
Oh really... Seriously it was a necessary?
I don't know who would need Flower Boots late-game. Sometimes for fun, but...

Oh really... Seriously it was a necessary?
I don't know who would need Flower Boots late-game. Sometimes for fun, but...
I know but it might make the item harder to craft if there was a rarer item in the combination. You can use it only for farming grasshoppers and worms...

I know but it might make the item harder to craft if there was a rarer item in the combination. You can use it only for farming grasshoppers and worms...
So simply add something like Souls of Fright or Ectoplasm. Anyways, having that item in Pre-Hardmode would be faaar tooooo OP.

While I think more tinkers are a good idea, the items chosen are not good choices for direct upgrades now a sidegrade would be a different story and be a useful addition remember some accessories lose abilities or change how the function on combination those are the ones that are more interesting.

While I think more tinkers are a good idea, the items chosen are not good choices for direct upgrades now a sidegrade would be a different story and be a useful addition remember some accessories lose abilities or change how the function on combination those are the ones that are more interesting.
Hmmmmm..... Okay. Would you like if there was rare pieces of furnitur that could be found and collected(like bobbleheads n Fallout 4) in Terraria? I like collecting rare items....

Buldle of balloons and the rest of the balloons.
-there are three other special balloons in the game but they can't be combined?
-maybe even those could be combined, creating a bundle of 6 balloons!

Expert items

The shields
-Ankh Shield and Paladin's Shield might be good combined, maybe with the boots.

More things to add the horseshoe to, like boots

Maybe more upgrades to the Artic Diving Helmet, it is useful but it gets forgotten quickly after the player gets the Neptune's Shell, which is a shame since the player will spend a lot of time to get the parts to get the helmet since every part is rare. It feels a little useless when not underwater so what about adding the balloons on the helmet? Pressing up while underwater releases the balloons, allowing the player to quickly get to the surface at well as having 5 jumps in mid air and summon bees(balloons?) when hurt.

Tell me your optinion about my ideas!

Ankh Shield + Celestial Shell = Celestial Shield/Ankh Shell
Mainly came up with this because I use both accessories and alternate them at times, just a bit desperate on the defense. With this item, a Warding Celestial Shield/Ankh Shell would provide +12 defense in total; +8 no defense reforges.The sprite is basically an ankh shield with a celestial shell plopped right on top XD

I also agree with combining Lava Waders and Frostspark Boots, maybe:
Lava Waders + Frostpark Boots = Frostflame Shoes? If there's another shoe accessory in the game I'm missing, add that to this and maybe name it "All-league Boots".

On the Arctic Diving Helmet and Balloons.... :/
There really is no need to expand on it, because the Neptune Shell, and upgrades of it, are simply better.
The balloons idea... well, a hexuple gigantic jump (6 TIMES!!) would be hilarious and fun now that i think of it, but with 1.3, you get the statistically most popular mount: a Spaceship [via cosmic car keys].
Though the last two latter could be acquired in pre hardmode and would undoubtedly be very useful, I think the majority of Terrarians just "rush" pre-hardmode and don't really acquire every best thing.

would be cool though
80% support
^_^

Ankh Shield + Celestial Shell = Celestial Shield/Ankh Shell
Mainly came up with this because I use both accessories and alternate them at times, just a bit desperate on the defense. With this item, a Warding Celestial Shield/Ankh Shell would provide +12 defense in total; +8 no defense reforges.The sprite is basically an ankh shield with a celestial shell plopped right on top XD

I also agree with combining Lava Waders and Frostspark Boots, maybe:
Lava Waders + Frostpark Boots = Frostflame Shoes? If there's another shoe accessory in the game I'm missing, add that to this and maybe name it "All-league Boots".

On the Arctic Diving Helmet and Balloons.... :/
There really is no need to expand on it, because the Neptune Shell, and upgrades of it, are simply better.
The balloons idea... well, a hexuple gigantic jump (6 TIMES!!) would be hilarious and fun now that i think of it, but with 1.3, you get the statistically most popular mount: a Spaceship [via cosmic car keys].
Though the last two latter could be acquired in pre hardmode and would undoubtedly be very useful, I think the majority of Terrarians just "rush" pre-hardmode and don't really acquire every best thing.

would be cool though
80% support
^_^
Thanks. Thee is Flower boots but they are almost useless unless you want to farm grasshoppers and worms

Back
Top Bottom