Tool [LEGACY][Patcher] Terraria Tweaker 1.X.X.X

Status
Not open for further replies.

TiberiumFusion

Official Terrarian
Ladies and gentlemen...
Terraria Tweaker 2 is out! (click the link below)
Tool - [Patcher] Terraria Tweaker 2 | SUPERCHARGE YOUR TERRARIA!

This original thread for TT 1.X.X.X will stay around as a legacy support thread *only* (and sentiment, too)
For anything Terraria Tweaker related, come to the greener grass of V2!

When Terraria 1.3.6 comes out, I may backport the compatibility updates of more popular tweaks to TT 1.X.X.X for the one guy who's still using this tool.
(This was the plan back when Relogic seemed to be hard at work on a soon-to-release 1.3.6 update. That has since changed quite dramatically. TT 1.3.2.3 will remain the final version of the TT 1.X line to endlessly support Terraria 1.3.5.3)

Downloading Prior Versions of Terraria Tweaker 1.x.x.x
NOTE: These versions are for Terraria 1.3.0.8 - 1.3.4.4 only! If you want the latest version of TT 1.x.x.x for Terraria 1.3.5.3, scroll down to the Downloads section of the original post!

In rebuilding my Terraria version archive after some hasty disk formatting, I came across a way of acquiring past versions of Steam games. Considering how straightforward it is to pick up and enjoy an older version of Terraria, I'm re-releasing some older versions of Terraria Tweaker for those who, like me, may want to play some Terraria 1.3.1 with a fine variety of patches.

Terraria Tweaker 1.2.0.11 OTF (released 2016-04-25)
Terraria Tweaker 1.3.0.0 AE (released 2016-07-12)
◆ Last release for Terraria 1.3.1.1
Anniversary edition! TT 1.3 with the Darwin Tool was the biggest update ever (how fitting). I have a lot of attachment to this one. This very special version was not connected to an update branch and contained a secret. It's still in there - see if you can find it without cheating.
Standalone ZIP: http://www.mediafire.com/file/767vwxllbnaai71/TerrariaTweaker1300AE-20160711-OCE20190710.zip
Terraria Tweaker 1.3.1.2 TCF (released 2016-07-30)
◆ Last release for Terraria 1.3.2.1 (also compatible with 1.3.3.0)
Standalone ZIP: http://www.mediafire.com/file/dhsx99h851ljx6m/TerrariaTweaker1312TCF-20160730-OCE20190710.zip
Terraria Tweaker 1.3.2.1 TCF (released 2016-12-13)

These binaries are unchanged from the day they were released. As such, they will still check for updates and prompt you to install them (except for TT 1.3 AE, which is disconnected from the update system). Simply decline the update prompt.

Keep reading below for the original, official Terraria Tweaker 1.x.x.x release post. It's just like 2015 again!

Customize Terraria to your liking with Terraria Tweaker!

The most feature-filled patcher for Terraria!

What's new in the 1.3.2.3 compatibility update:

Compatibility update for Terraria 1.3.5.3
◆ Fixed Functional Social slots tweak
NOTICE: Terraria Tweaker now may require the !!2015!! (not 2013) VC REDISTS to run! You can download them in the redist bundle from the downloads section.

TESTED AND PARTIALLY WORKING WITH: Official Terraria 1.3.5.3
(Steam version, on Win 7 Ult 64, Win 7 Prof 64, and Win Vista Ult 64)

What it looks like:
TerrariaTweaker1323TCF-A.png

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What it does:
Terraria Tweaker modifies the Terraria assembly for a permanent, lasting bond.
► Using the new Darwin Tool, you can tweak any NPC in the game! Villagers to slimes, zombies to bosses, all can be modified as you see fit!
► Grant yourself invincibility or full out invulnerability to damage and never die!
Remove the potion sickness, mana sickness, and rod of discord debuffs!
► Virtual persistent accessories! Have the effects of an accessory without actually equipping it! Comes with some of the most common and powerful accessories! Includes...
Arctic Diving Gear!
◆ Philosopher's Stone!
◆ Shiny Stone!
◆ Worm Scarf!
◆ ...and many more!
► Get more accessory slots! Unlock the expert mode slot for any world along with a secret 7th slot!
► Turn social slots functional! That's right, accessories in the social slots can provide their effects and bonuses! Effectively doubles your accessory capacity! See patch warnings before use.
► Increase mobility with grappling hook mods! Now you can grapple whilst on a mount, or even when frozen, stoned, or webbed!
► Tired of drab and boring armor? With the armor effects mods, you can give yourself the fancy shadow and outline effects any time, any place, with any armor! (warning: applying more than one armor vfx may cause crashes in multiplayer)
► With new Omnipatcher, you can change the basic attributes of any item! For example...
Make a shadewood sword summon the Scutlix mount!
Turn bones into drinkable potions!
Make dirt blocks deal 10,000 damage!
◆ Heal yourself with the swing of a sword!

The possibilities are infinite!​
► Modify several fun (and gimicky) weapons to enhance your Terraria experience! Possible modifications include...
Damage Mods
◆ Firerate Mods
◆ Knockback Mods
◆ Attack Speed Mods
Velocity Mods
◆ ...and many more!
► Return Red's Wings to their former state, as of 1.2.4.1. Yes, this means you can experience all of their awesomeness with the awesomeness of 1.3.X.X! No compromise, no fine print! Includes 7 separate fixes to allow for maximum customization! (feature 'unavailable' on TCF locale, but coming soon to TT2!)
Infinite Flight - That's right, enjoy flying forever once more!
Jetpack Ability - Red's Wings used to have the jetpack's ability to hold Up and Jump to fly upwards at a high speed, now it's yours again!
Hover Ability - One of two best parts of the wings, hovering will let your build and maneuver with expert precision!
Fast Run Speed - The second best part of Red's Wings; when you had them, you never had to worry about wearing Lightning Boots, as the wings gave you amazing speed, and will now give you that same speed again!
Fast Flight Speed - What good is flying if it isn't fast? Improve everything with some extra speed!
Original Walk-Through-Walls Ability Remake - Walls and doors that don't open are such a hassle, forget about them with the original noclip ability!
Infinite Water Breathing - This is even older, from 1.2.3! If you swim a lot, then this is for you!
► Now once you've tweaked up Terraria, you can store and reuse each new modded assembly from the Assembly Manager! Makes switching between mods extremely easy and quick!
► These fixes are permanent to your game! Apply them once, and they'll work anyday, for any character, and on any world!
► Every time Terraria updates, however, you will need to reapply your patches. If a Terraria update comes out that breaks this tool, I will update Terraria Tweaker accordingly.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How to Use:
Ensure the 2015 VC redists and dotNET 4.5 are installed - see the Downloads section below. YOU MUST HAVE DOTNET 4.5 INSTALLED FOR TERRARIA TWEAKER TO WORK
Download the latest binary - see the Downloads section below
Install the program, or unzip the archive
Launch the application. UAC will prompt you; allow the application to run. Terraria Tweaker requires elevated permissions in order to modify the Terraria assembly. If the application gives an error on start, see the Troubleshooting section below.
Select the changes you wish to apply, choose the assembly you wish to base from, then click Patch & Save or Apply Attributes
► The tweaks will be applied. If an error occurs, see the Troubleshooting section below.
Start up Terraria and enjoy!

"But what about multiplayer?" I get asked a lot. Well, here's the rundown!

Multiplayer Compatibility:
Short answer: The patches performed by this tool will work near-flawlessly on any server, vanilla, TShock, or other.
Long answer: This tool directly modifies the code of the Terraria assembly at the IL level. Therefore, by using it, you are creating a modded client as some people may say. Terraria servers are laggy, for there is a lot of data transfer and server-side computation. Because of this, cheat-detection measures are extremely limited. The only way to truly and accurately determine if your Terraria assembly is modded is to upload the assembly to the server for decompilation and verification against the release Terraria assembly. Obviously, this is terribly impractical due to the bandwidth and processing power demanded of such operations. The next best solution would be for the server to verify every single action the player performs to ensure it is not abnormal. This, however, is still resource-intensive and can yield false-positives due to internet lag. At best, servers with TShock have damage and movement thresholds, among others, that check for oddities in those actions. For example, if you mod a gun to deal 10,000 damage, TShock servers with these checks enabled will detect that and freeze you. But other than that, there are no good ways for servers to detect cheats/hacks/patches, and for that reason, this tool will be undetected and immune to resistance for a very long time.

■ Caveats (IMPORTANT!)
  • Applying more than one armor vfx may cause crashes in multiplayer

You're likely thinking, "Wow! Terraria Tweaker sounds great! But how do I get it?" Look no further, for here is the downloads section!

Downloads:
■ Terraria Tweaker Installer: http://www.mediafire.com/file/dijuocnssfceuqj/TerrariaTweaker_v1323TCF_OCE_Setup.exe (new way)
■ Terraria Tweaker Standalone ZIP: http://www.mediafire.com/file/t00fv68s783txv6/TerrariaTweaker1323TCF-20170427-OCE.zip (old way)
■ dotNET 4.5 Update: Download Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 from Official Microsoft Download Center
■ VC Redists from 2005 to 2015 Bundle: http://www.mediafire.com/download/6722a3tyowocsea/VCRedists05-15.zip (you should only need 2015, but having all of them will ensure that other applications that need them will run fine)

Changelog

Or maybe, "Hey! Terraria Tweaker isn't working, help me!" Well, no worries because you have found the troubleshooting section!

Troubleshooting:
Problem: When I try to open Terraria Tweaker, it says I have a side-by-side configuration error.
Solution: Ensure you have the latest version of dotNET and the VC Redists.
Problem: When I apply my tweaks, Terraria Tweaker throws an error with a bunch of text I don't understand.
Solution: You are likely using Terraria Tweaker on the wrong version of Terraria, or on an already modified Terraria assembly
Problem: I applied the tweaks but they didn't work! (or nothing happens)
Solution: It's possible you patched a different Terraria assembly instead of the one that Steam will launch. It's also possible that you don't have the equipment/items you patched, so check for that before whining in a reply.
Problem: When I try to start Terraria Tweaker, it doesn't show up.
Solution: Open task manager and watch TT start. If the process appears then quickly disappears with acquiring less than 200KB of RAM, it is crashing pre-runtime. This usually means your anti-virus has deemed Terraria Tweaker as a trojan, since it does indeed externally modify another program. Try disabling your AV. If Terraria Tweaker gets several megabytes of RAM, then crashes, it is the program having troubles instantiating itself. Try the .NET repair tool. Ensure there are no restrictions or GPO objects on your account blocking the execution of programs like Terraria Tweaker. Finally, try deleting the "FixTerrariaCf.ini" file in the directory where Terraria Tweaker is located.
Problem: When I try to open Terraria Tweaker, an error appears of code CLR20r3 with mscorlib mentioned
Solution: I have no damn idea. Apparently this is a common bug for .NET applications on Win 7 machines. Here's a few solutions that might work.
● Switch to Windows 8 or higher
● Maybe your dotNET install is invalid, and cannot run Terraria Tweaker. Look for a number below mscorlib. If it starts with or 4.5, 4.5.1, 4.5.2, then you have the right version of dotNET, but it might be corrupted and needing a reinstall. If it starts with anything lower than 4.5 (such as 4.0, 3.5, 2.0, etc), then you do not have the right version of dotNET installed. Update to 4.5 with the link provided in the downloads. If you have 4.6 and Terraria Tweaker wont run, I highly recommend downgrading to 4.5.2. I read somewhere on MSDN that 4.6 changes some aspects of the dotNET runtime in glitchy and undesired ways.
● Try the .NET repair tool: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2698555 and Download Microsoft .NET Framework Repair Tool from Official Microsoft Download Center
● Install the Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Backwards Compatibility Components (just for 64-bit Windows): http://download.microsoft.com/downl...C2-A67D-48053B8F9FAD/SQLServer2005_BC_x64.msi
● Ensure your system locale is set to anything but Unicode. Go to your control panel, then Region and Language, then Administrative, then Change System Locale and ensure it's English or whatever your language is.
Problem: Terraria Tweaker isn't working for some generic reason, and I am using the GOG version of Terraria.
Solution: Buy Terraria on Steam, wtf even is GOG?
Problem: When I try to apply my tweaks, instead of the "IL Modification Complete" message showing, I see this instead:
AccessError.png
Solution: This occurs when you have the Terraria install directory open in Explorer when you apply tweaks. To prevent this error, simply do not open the Terraria install dir when patching.
If you get this error, carefully follow these steps: Click 'Continue', then look for and delete the assembly that was just created in the Assembly Manager. Despite failing to write over the acting Terraria assembly, the new tweaks will still generate an assembly and you must delete it or wonky things may happen.​

If none of the above solutions have helped fix a problem you are experiencing, leave an intelligent reply and I may find a solution for you. Do not say "I have the latest version of dotNET and VC redists", that means nothing. Give me version numbers, and ensure you tried reinstalling both (if possible) before complaining.

If you've found a bug, don't hesitate to inform me! Please be as detailed and descriptive as possible!

Known Issues:
Omnipatcher only works on item IDs greater than 0, and doesn't work on item ID 4 (sorry Iron Broadsword)
The Assembly Manager can be somewhat instable in rare occurrences. If everything is going to hell for you, you can reset it by deleting the "TweakStore" folder in Terraria's directory.

The 100% Money Back Guarantee (even though this tool is free :p)
If at any point, you wish to revert the changes to your Terraria assembly, for whatever reason, follow these steps.

Acquiring a fresh Terraria assembly:
This will completely restore Terraria to its stock state

Go to your Steam library
Right-click Terraria in your games list, and choose "Properties"
◆ Go to the "Local Files" tab
Click on "Browse Local Files"
◆ The Terraria installation folder will open. Delete the folder in it named "TweakStore"
◆ Go back to the Steam properties panel for Terraria and click "Verify Integrity of Game Cache" and Steam will download a new copy of the Terraria assembly
Wait for the download to finish, and you are done!

Huge credit goes to Transcend for assistance with IL & Cecil! This tool uses sources and inspiration from his TerrariaPatcher tool, please check it out for more awesome patches to Terraria!

Thanks for giving a look at Terraria Tweaker, I hope you enjoy it!
-- TiberiumFusion

o-----------------------------------------o
You can improve Terraria Tweaker!
Tell me what you'd like to see added

o-----------------------------------------o
(please do not use this suggestion form to submit complaints and errors)

Tags: Terraria, Tweaker, Terraria Tweaker, Terraria hack, Terraria hacks, hack, hacks, patcher, tool, Terraria tool, mod, Terraria mod

Usage Agreement:
BY USING TERRARIA TWEAKER, YOU ACCEPT THE FOLLOWING USAGE AGREEMENT IN ITS ENTIRETY. This program is provided on an "as-is" basis, with all faults. There are no warranties or guarantees of performance. This product is free of charge. If you paid for it, you were robbed. THE CREATORS AND DISTRIBUTORS OF THIS PRODUCT ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGE, MISUSE, OR FAULTS YOU MAY CAUSE UNTO YOUR COMPUTER AND THE SOFTWARE RESIDING ON IT FROM USING THIS PROGRAM. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. NO GUARANTEES.

Last edited:
Doesn't work - http://prntscr.com/96rkwm, despite the fact that I have all the latest versions of dotNET and the VC Redist installed. Tried to re-install but nothing helped.

What is not working? Please be more specific. What did you do that made it crash? Does the application crash as soon as you launch it? Does it crash upon trying to apply patches to Terraria? What is your operating system? I don't know if Terraria Tweaker works on the GOG version of Terraria, maybe you have that? I don't even know how your screenshot is supposed to help since it provides no useful info.

What is not working? Please be more specific. What did you do that made it crash? Does the application crash as soon as you launch it? Does it crash upon trying to apply patches to Terraria? What is your operating system? I don't know if Terraria Tweaker works on the GOG version of Terraria, maybe you have that? I don't even know how your screenshot is supposed to help since it provides no useful info.
I have Steam version, it crashes right away after the launch. My OS in Win 7 64bit.

Hack *cough*
You shouldn't enable that MP feature.
Highly abusable

Yes, this is a hack. However, due to how Terraria Tweaker functions, it is best classified as a patcher than the generic title "hack". And what MP feature? I'm not going to ruin someone's fun (and not to mention spending the 40+ hours figuring out how to do this) by restricting Terraria Tweaker's functionality to just single player. "Abusable"? All hacks are "abusable". That's why they're hacks. If you don't like hacks, why are you lurking in the modding and related stuff forums?
[DOUBLEPOST=1448562871,1448562501][/DOUBLEPOST]
I have Steam version, it crashes right away after the launch. My OS in Win 7 64bit.

Okay, thanks. Does it give any error message, or just a "Terraria Tweaker has stopped responding" dialogue? On the incredibly lucky chance that you might have Studio 2013 installed, you could debug it. Also, "latest versions of dotNET and VC redists" are not helpful. You need dotNET 4.5 and VC 2013 both x86 and x64. You can't install VC 2015 and expect backwards compatibility that doesn't exist.

Yes, this is a hack. However, due to how Terraria Tweaker functions, it is best classified as a patcher than the generic title "hack". And what MP feature? I'm not going to ruin someone's fun (and not to mention spending the 40+ hours figuring out how to do this) by restricting Terraria Tweaker's functionality to just single player. "Abusable"? All hacks are "abusable". That's why they're hacks. If you don't like hacks, why are you lurking in the modding and related stuff forums?
I mean no offense. I just read that, this is MP compatible.
Somewhere in this forum, i read that hacks shouldn't go MP. I know tShock's anti-cheat system and there's lots of anti-grief plugins and features, but pity for those who doesn't run server with tShock.
Otherwise, this is very good tool.

When I try to launch the patcher, it says CLR20r3 error
01. Terraria Tweaker.exe
02. 1.2.0.2
03. 5653c973
04. mscorlib
05. 4.0.30319.36279
06. 5456f633
07. eb0
08. 5a
09 System.FormatException

Can Someone help me? :(

When I try to launch the patcher, it says CLR20r3 error
01. Terraria Tweaker.exe
02. 1.2.0.2
03. 5653c973
04. mscorlib
05. 4.0.30319.36279
06. 5456f633
07. eb0
08. 5a
09 System.FormatException

Can Someone help me? :(

From what I've gathered, this may be dependency error involving mscorlib. My best guess is that you did not install dotNet properly, you didn't install it at all, or you have version 4.0, but not 4.5 (which is indicated by the error message you provided). Terraria Tweaker targets 4.5, meaning you must have 4.5 to run it. Ensure you have 4.5 installed. If you do, try reinstalling these versions of dotNet: 2.0, 3.5, 4.0, and 4.5 (in that order). You may need to fully uninstall them all, then run their respective installers.
[DOUBLEPOST=1448772382,1448772326][/DOUBLEPOST]

Check out my response to ohje00 if you're still having difficulties. Or, try this version of TT that's targeting dotNet 4.6, which seems to be what you've got installed: http://www.mediafire.com/download/xaljdpnb7d3luq8/TerrariaTweaker1202OTF-S46.zip I read somewhere the 4.6 is messed up and doesn't work all too well, which might be causing the troubles your having.

Hey guys, i downloaded terraria Tweaker but when i click it it dont start, when i start windows task manager it is all down and i cant stop it semeone have idea of what it is?

Hey guys, i downloaded terraria Tweaker but when i click it it dont start, when i start windows task manager it is all down and i cant stop it semeone have idea of what it is?

I'm not really sure what you mean by that. Ensure that you have the 2013 VC redists (both x86 and x64), dotNet 4.5, and that you're running Terraria Tweaker as an administrator. Maybe you're on a non-admin account and UAC is turned off, meaning it wont prompt you to provide an admin password.

Huge credit goes to Transcend for assistance with IL & Cecil! This tool is built upon his TerrariaPatcher tool, please check it out for more awesome patches to Terraria!
Is this compatible with TerrariaPatcher? like, will it butt heads with some of its functionalities or is it safe to use them together? there are some things I can't seem to do with TP that your program could do, but I don't want to cause any issues.

Is this compatible with TerrariaPatcher? like, will it butt heads with some of its functionalities or is it safe to use them together? there are some things I can't seem to do with TP that your program could do, but I don't want to cause any issues.
In all my testing, Terraria Tweaker is fully compatible with TerrariaPatcher. I've applied patches from both tools to my Terraria assembly and have been running flawlessly for months.

Now when i start it say directly "Terraria tweaker stopped working" ^^'

If you used the installer, ensure that you are running it from an admin account. If you used the standalone files from the zip, don't move the Terraria Tweaker executable away from its dependencies - the other files in the archive. Don't run TT from within the Terraria folder. There might possibly be a GPO on your computer restricting some of the functions TT needs, thus crashing it. That's all I can think of without any information.

Iam wondering from curiosity , can you modify weapons/items to inflict certain debuffs ? If so how?

Since that is a significantly more complex part of the code than item attributes, I'd need to specifically build a tweak for that. You can change the buffType and buffTime attributes to buff yourself upon item use, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom