Votes: 36 59.0%
  • Yeah.

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Sure.

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • No.

Votes: 8 13.1%

• Total voters
Technically, both items are know by both names, so there shouldn't be a problem between names, but i just have an opinion:

- one of the direct goals of alchemy is the transformation of matter, so the name is more adecuate (?) for your item (?) maybe.
-While the term philosopher's stone was also an elixir of life, useful for rejevenation and possibly for achieving immortality (thus its effect in-game) (?)

Sorry for my bad english (not my mother tongue)

Oh...true. Well... The Philosopher's Stone is supposed to be able to change any metal into gold or silver, aka changing metals, which is what I based the item and it's purpose on.

But the point is that the term "Philosopher's Stone" works better for my suggestion.

Not really, you might prefer it, but the in game item takes precedence and the other terms fit just as well. Also, it isn't what you stated. You said it was easier to just rename the existing item's name, which is what my quote was addressing. :p

Not really, you might prefer it, but the in game item takes precedence and the other terms fit just as well. Also, it isn't what you stated. You said it was easier to just rename the existing item's name, which is what my quote was addressing. :p
The philosopher's stone has a definition that fits both the existing accessory and my suggestion well. I am choosing to bump the accessories name instead of mine. The accessory will be renamed Alchemical Stone.

I realise this thread has been necro-ed by someone else, but anyway...

I like the idea. However, I'd rather it convert the ore, not bars. The ore can be crafted into bricks and walls but the bars cannot. This provides more versatility.

Okay, I know this is a bit (almost 3 weeks) of a necro, but I think that this idea is a good one, and should get more attention. Now you need to (insert witty and funny message body here) and you have my full support!

Healing Potion- Mana Potion of same tier
Soul of Light- Soul of Night
Ice Feather- Magma Feather
Life Crystal- Mana Crystal
Band of Regeneration- Band of Star Power
Flower of Fire- Flower of Frost
Emblem dropped by WOF- Other emblem dropped by WOF
Guide Voodoo Doll- Clothier Voodoo Doll
Love Potion- Stink Potion
Cursed Flame- Ichor
Corrupt Seeds- Crimson Seeds
Any Herd- Any other Herb
Any Wood- Any other Wood
Any Clentaminator Solution- Any other Solution
Just ideas for counterparts I think would work.

Healing Potion- Mana Potion of same tier
Soul of Light- Soul of Night
Ice Feather- Magma Feather
Life Crystal- Mana Crystal
Band of Regeneration- Band of Star Power
Flower of Fire- Flower of Frost
Emblem dropped by WOF- Other emblem dropped by WOF
Guide Voodoo Doll- Clothier Voodoo Doll
Love Potion- Stink Potion
Cursed Flame- Ichor
Corrupt Seeds- Crimson Seeds
Any Herd- Any other Herb
Any Wood- Any other Wood
Any Clentaminator Solution- Any other Solution
Just ideas for counterparts I think would work.

Those all sound good! :)

You know, if this got confirmed, the other bars wouldn't really need to exist anymore as they are weaker than their opposites in every possible way. Who would ever want to have copper, iron, silver or gold if this happens?

You know, if this got confirmed, the other bars wouldn't really need to exist anymore as they are weaker than their opposites in every possible way. Who would ever want to have copper, iron, silver or gold if this happens?
I guess no one would, but interchanging the bars is expensive.

Back
Top Bottom