Xbox One crashes

Do you have the same problem I do?

• Total voters

Mr_Cakebaker

Spazmatism
Hello my fellow Terrarians, like all of you, I am a happy and joyous Terraria player. But one small problem always just comes up and bugs the crap out of me. I will open up Terraria, choose character and select it (of course) but when I move to my worlds page, my game will last maybe 2-3 seconds, and bam lag horribly and then crash. While lagging it goes into a god awful sound loop that sounds like dubstep gone wrong. I'm not sure if this is a problem with my console, since I have plenty of memory, and have great Wi-Fi. Maybe 505 left out some coding on Xbox One? I'm not sure to be honest, but I would love to know if anyone else has this problem, I have a lot of data on Terraria and would really hate to lose all of it to something simple as a crash. I did think the new update for console would fix this problem, but it didn't/problably won't. If anyone else has this problem please let me know, I would love to figure out if its coding problems, or what but I hope it gets fixed.

-Mr_Cake

Just about every game on console when it makes that noise. Something that the game has done that it shouldn't have has caused it to freeze. It happens when a pc crashes and blue screens too.

Sorry to ask but have you tried re-installing the game? And does it only do it on that one world? Or does it do it even with a new world/new character?

I have downloaded and re-downloaded over and over at times yes, and even wiped my memory completely of the game and re-installed, it has the same problem each time. I have recently even tried clearing my cache by holding the power button, yet that doesn't work either. I'm not sure, but if anyone does view this thread feel free to add me on Xbox One; ningakiller41, and btw, furs rule =P

I have downloaded and re-downloaded over and over at times yes, and even wiped my memory completely of the game and re-installed, it has the same problem each time. I have recently even tried clearing my cache by holding the power button, yet that doesn't work either. I'm not sure, but if anyone does view this thread feel free to add me on Xbox One; ningakiller41, and btw, furs rule =P

Does it do it when you join someone else game online?

Hello my fellow Terrarians, like all of you, I am a happy and joyous Terraria player. But one small problem always just comes up and bugs the crap out of me. I will open up Terraria, choose character and select it (of course) but when I move to my worlds page, my game will last maybe 2-3 seconds, and bam lag horribly and then crash. While lagging it goes into a god awful sound loop that sounds like dubstep gone wrong. I'm not sure if this is a problem with my console, since I have plenty of memory, and have great Wi-Fi. Maybe 505 left out some coding on Xbox One? I'm not sure to be honest, but I would love to know if anyone else has this problem, I have a lot of data on Terraria and would really hate to lose all of it to something simple as a crash. I did think the new update for console would fix this problem, but it didn't/problably won't. If anyone else has this problem please let me know, I would love to figure out if its coding problems, or what but I hope it gets fixed.

-Mr_Cake
Yes! It has happened to me in June and I still have the same problem. I even sent off my Xbox and got a new one but it still happens. Like you I'm hoping the update fixes it. Don't delete characters or your worlds as that doesn't work either. There is another thread somewhere with more help and another solution but it didn't work for me.

Edit: Found it. http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/crash-on-world-selection-menu.5557/page-3

Just about every game on console when it makes that noise. Something that the game has done that it shouldn't have has caused it to freeze. It happens when a pc crashes and blue screens too.

Sorry to ask but have you tried re-installing the game? And does it only do it on that one world? Or does it do it even with a new world/new character?

Yes the noise happens when you don't quit games. This noise is different.

Last edited:
Yes the noise happens when you don't quit games. This noise is different.

What you mean when you don't quit games and the Noise is Different?

Here is an example of what I mean by it makes a weird noise when it does something it is not supposed to.

Does the game do this? When it crashes. Does it do something along the same lines with it crashing on you?

Sadly I have completely wiped all my hardmode data, borderline cried, but when I do join another world it doesn't lag, I find this very weird. Maybe this lag problem only occurs on digital copies, not sure.

@ArticReaper Some games make a noise when you don't quit them right and then go back on them the next day. Not in your case as that was strange!

@Mr_Cakebaker Sorry you lost all your stuff. Yeah same for me. I can join other people's world's but nobody can join mine as I can only play offline. I have a digital and disc copy. Same result.

Back
Top Bottom