Console Are Ocram weapons too weak ?

Shall they take small improvements ?

• Total voters
And? Most of those people who vote in the poll do not even supply a reason behind their vote, so the vote is useless. Those weapons do not need buffing. Just because a new update comes out with better weapons does not mean everything needs to be buffed. It's like saying Turtle armor needs buffing because Solar Flare armor is far superior. Tiers, man. Tiers.

And? Most of those people who vote in the poll do not even supply a reason behind their vote, so the vote is useless. Those weapons do not need buffing. Just because a new update comes out with better weapons does not mean everything needs to be buffed. It's like saying Turtle armor needs buffing because Solar Flare armor is far superior. Tiers, man. Tiers.
Well people said the terra blade is in the same tier with ocram weapons .While the terra blade is so good and everyone is trying to get the stuff to craft it , nobody cares about ocram weapons while they are in the same tier with the terra blade !

Last edited:
you've never heard that saying? let me be a little less vague. I said it,
I have never heard about it , I am not a native English speaker , I have been learning english for years but nobody has ever told me that . Whatever , the more you know . Thanks for explaining that to me .

Last edited:
hmm If the hallowed buff comes to the console then I would naturally agree with you however otherwise they shouldn't change all that much but be balenced around the Plantera progression as they are now.
Though regardless I don't see them being any more useful as Ocram isn't efficient enough resource wise to fight really (outside of maybe dragon armor) Perhaps one day it could be redisigned in the future? As for now 505 should focus on updating Terraria to the current version and patching out bugs.

I'd rather all the exclusive content be cut entirely. All of it is just reskins of other weapons that aren't worth the time to get.

I'd rather all the exclusive content be cut entirely. All of it is just reskins of other weapons that aren't worth the time to get.
Removing content isn't the way to go. Changing them so they are actually worth obtaining is.

Though in all honesty the exclusive bosses need a serious reworking to be something good.

I don't understand the request for buffing Ocram's drops. He's basically a special summon mechanical boss, and as we know, Mechanical bosses will pale in comparison to Plantera and Post-Plantera equipment. Ocram's weapons are useful up until you defeat Plantera, who is officially the final of the core Hardmode bosses. By that time, of course Ocram's weapons are going to be fairly useless in fighting creatures beyond that point, but by that time, most people are creating Chlorophyte equipment.
His stuff doesn't really require a buff, as he's not in any way an "end-game boss." In the line-up of bosses based off difficulty and drops, Ocram's behind Plantera. He's not even required to advance the game world.

I never could understand why so many people want Ocram's drops to be changed. His place in the game hasn't changed since his creation, so his drops really shouldn't either.

Well people said the terra blade is in the same tier with ocram weapons .While the terra blade is so good and everyone is trying to get the stuff to craft it , nobody cares about ocram weapons while they are in the same tier with the terra blade !

I'm not sure where you heard this, Terrablade is (currently on console and mobile) The most powerful sword available in-game. Rarity-wise, Terrablade is in a far higher tier than Tizona, and even in the game acquisition timeline, TBlade would be further along (Tizona can practically be acquired immediately after defeating the three Mech Bosses, while Terrablade is not acquirable until Solar Eclipse events can occur.) Even when you look at the crafting requirements, it should be easy to tell that Terrablade should come out to be the more powerful weapon.

Ocram's weapons are weak. I agree they need improvements and possibly more. Us casters need a rare mage weapon.
Mages have some powerful rare weapons, Razorpine and Blizzard Staff for example.

Last edited:

Chlorophyte armor is the same tier and is far easier to get. For ocram you need 3 boss summoners, ore that spawns in 1/2 of the worlds, and lots of souls to have a 1 in 9 chance of getting 1 armor piece of 3 armor pieces, which may not even be your class. If you don't like RNG you can use the ores that you have a 1/4 chance of getting per world to craft it. Meanwhile chlorophyte armor is just mine a considerable amount of ore with strong enemies everywhere.

I don't understand the request for buffing Ocram's drops. He's basically a special summon mechanical boss, and as we know, Mechanical bosses will pale in comparison to Plantera and Post-Plantera equipment. Ocram's weapons are useful up until you defeat Plantera, who is officially the final of the core Hardmode bosses. By that time, of course Ocram's weapons are going to be fairly useless in fighting creatures beyond that point, but by that time, most people are creating Chlorophyte equipment.
His stuff doesn't really require a buff, as he's not in any way an "end-game boss." In the line-up of bosses based off difficulty and drops, Ocram's behind Plantera. He's not even required to advance the game world.

I never could understand why so many people want Ocram's drops to be changed. His place in the game hasn't changed since his creation, so his drops really shouldn't either.

I'm not sure where you heard this, Terrablade is (currently on console and mobile) The most powerful sword available in-game. Rarity-wise, Terrablade is in a far higher tier than Tizona, and even in the game acquisition timeline, TBlade would be further along (Tizona can practically be acquired immediately after defeating the three Mech Bosses, while Terrablade is not acquirable until Solar Eclipse events can occur.) Even when you look at the crafting requirements, it should be easy to tell that Terrablade should come out to be the more powerful weapon.

Mages have some powerful rare weapons, Razorpine and Blizzard Staff for example.
Read the updated main post , I never said they should be better than the terra blade !
Also about the mages, people mean they need a rare ocram magic weapon .

Last edited:

By the way in console and mobile you have to defeat one mechanical boss for the solar eclipse to be able to occur , it is possible to get the terra blade without even beating all three mechanical bosses .

Back
Top Bottom