Biomes & Nature [Sprites] The Volcano - an Alternate Ocean

Do you think that volcanos are a good idea?

• Absolutely!

Votes: 56 63.6%
  • Yeah!

Votes: 21 23.9%
  • Maybe with some changes...

Votes: 10 11.4%
  • No, and I can tell you why.

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
This would be incredibly useful for mages and summoners. @SnailsAttack You said you want it to be a 'jack-of-all-trades' armour, and that would be interesting and would definitely make it stand out, but hard mode armours are generally themed to one type of attack. Also, as melee and ranged have frost armour, I can see this being completely overlooked by those characters. :|
I guess since it just makes sense.

I think the wood could also be made of the respectively weapon and armor, with the same status of pearlwood.

Maybe it could use the Adamantite/Titanium bar like its counterpart, frost armor.

Also, personally, it might also be as a Hybid of Magic/Summon armor, as the frost armor is the Melee/Ranged hybid, with less defense. (but I'm not sure which one would be better)
Oh, sorry, my mind skips over words easily. I meant to add 1-3 more bounces to the Eruption, or add a perk, so that it isn't over shadowed by the Cursed Flames

Oh, sorry, my mind skips over words easily. I meant to add 1-3 more bounces to the Eruption, or add a perk, so that it isn't over shadowed by the Cursed Flames
Hm... well since we already have the cursed flames, I'll make the eruption an upgraded water bolt!

I really like this idea and the sprites look great but I have a few small improvements for the suggestion:
1. Having only 4 different enemies is going to make this biome a bit boring.
2. 600 HP is too much for a pre hardmode enemy.

I really like this idea and the sprites look great but I have a few small improvements for the suggestion:
1. Having only 4 different enemies is going to make this biome a bit boring.
If you have any more ideas for simple enemies, feel free to suggest some.
And as for the Igneous Slime, I guess I can reduce it to 500.

And as for the Igneous Slime, I guess I can reduce it to 500.

The Nymph/Lost Girl and Shark enemies on Expert Mode have 600 HP. Even so for Normal Mode I agree 600 HP is a lot (As it would have 1,200 HP on Expert Mode) however, considering that it is designed to be a Rare Miniboss enemy for Pre-Hardmode it seems okay in this case. And this Biome is designed to be an optional challenging Biome which allows it a little more freedom with making monsters stronger compared with where Player Progress would be expected to be. It is still up to you SnailsAttack whether you think it should have 500HP or 600HP. I think either way would be fine for this enemy.

The Nymph/Lost Girl and Shark enemies on Expert Mode have 600 HP. Even so for Normal Mode I agree 600 HP is a lot (As it would have 1,200 HP on Expert Mode) however, considering that it is designed to be a Rare Miniboss enemy for Pre-Hardmode it seems okay in this case. And this Biome is designed to be an optional challenging Biome which allows it a little more freedom with making monsters stronger compared with where Player Progress would be expected to be. It is still up to you SnailsAttack whether you think it should have 500HP or 600HP. I think either way would be fine for this enemy.
600 is kind of a lot considering that the Igneous Slime has some special attacks, and unlike the nymph, doesn't have just a basic fighter AI.

Why not have a tiny ocean an them make this biome begin, kinda Volcano =>Ocean=> World,
Then the axses will be limited and also has an ocean on both sides, miking this somehow a volcanic island

Why not have a tiny ocean an them make this biome begin, kinda Volcano =>Ocean=> World,
Then the axses will be limited and also has an ocean on both sides, miking this somehow a volcanic island
Thats an interesting idea, but it would change a bit too much.

Also do the enemies have no defence? I have an idea for another hard-mode enemy:

Fire Elemental (sorry, no sprite at the moment)
Hitpoints: 400
Damage: 60 (melee) 70 (fireball)
Defence: 30
KB resistance: 75%
Drops 7 silver coins
2% chance of dropping Fireball Staff

Fireball Staff (sorry, no sprite at the moment)
Damage: 40
Critical strike chance: 4%
Speed: 24 (fast speed)
Knockback: 2 (very weak knockback)
Rarity: Light red
Sell price: 1 gold coin
Summons a fireball to fight for you. Uses 8 mana

its a cool suggestion, but might it be a better idea to have a volcano on one side and an ocean on the other? (i hope no one has said that yet) because you need an ocean for the pirate map. also, why would you need an alternate to frost armor?
Edit: never mind that last bit actually, i just realized that the plasma stuff only affects mage and summoner :D

I like this! (Even if it makes grinding worlds for them darned Water-Walking Boots harder. :p) One thing I noticed though is that you didn't mention what happens when
it rains in the Volcano-biome. Maybe instead of rain, it could have some embers fall or a thunderstorm since volcanic areas are very prone to those? Maybe the Magma Golem could only spawn during a thunderstorm/ember rain like Ice Golem does, too. I always wanted a Summoner-Mage Hybrid Armor to balance out Frost Armor, usually being a dedicated Mage myself.

Edit: Oh! Oh! What if instead of Water-Walking Boots, Volcanic Chests have a chance to have Lava Charm to compensate?

I like this! (Even if it makes grinding worlds for them darned Water-Walking Boots harder. :p) One thing I noticed though is that you didn't mention what happens when
it rains in the Volcano-biome. Maybe instead of rain, it could have some embers fall or a thunderstorm since volcanic areas are very prone to those? Maybe the Magma Golem could only spawn during a thunderstorm/ember rain like Ice Golem does, too. I always wanted a Summoner-Mage Hybrid Armor to balance out Frost Armor, usually being a dedicated Mage myself.

Edit: Oh! Oh! What if instead of Water-Walking Boots, Volcanic Chests have a chance to have Lava Charm to compensate?
or ashes could fall from the sky :)

its a cool suggestion, but might it be a better idea to have a volcano on one side and an ocean on the other? (i hope no one has said that yet) because you need an ocean for the pirate map. also, why would you need an alternate to frost armor?
Edit: never mind that last bit actually, i just realized that the plasma stuff only affects mage and summoner :D
This is already what happens.
The volcano biome is basically a new biome that will replace the ocean on one side of the world.

This sounds like a good idea! And I'd add the lava charm if it weren't for the item I already implemented.

This sounds like a good idea! And I'd add the lava charm if it weren't for the item I already implemented.

You mean the Hand-Cranked Cooler? I think it's more like a Lava-version of Breathing Reed, you could find Lava Charm in the chest as rarely as you can find it in normal Gold Chests just like you can either find a Breathing Reed or a pair of Water-Walking Boots in the Water Chests. Besides, Lava Charm doesn't protect from other sources of fire so it wouldn't immediately outclass Hand-Cranked Cooler methinks.

You mean the Hand-Cranked Cooler? I think it's more like a Lava-version of Breathing Reed, you could find Lava Charm in the chest as rarely as you can find it in normal Gold Chests just like you can either find a Breathing Reed or a pair of Water-Walking Boots in the Water Chests. Besides, Lava Charm doesn't protect from other sources of fire so it wouldn't immediately outclass Hand-Cranked Cooler methinks.
I just kinda feel like the lava charm is already well-situated in the underground, but thanks for the suggestion.

Back
Top Bottom