Weapons & Equip Post-Endgame/Moon Lord Ideas: Concept (No Sprites [yet])

Terraria seems like a game that should get harder and harder the more you go on, and of course there's expert mode, but that doesn't really leave anything new for the player, other than some expert items and new enemy attack patterns. My problem is, when you beat the Moon Lord, there's really nothing going for you at this point. Sure, Terraria is a big game,

So once you defeat the Moon Lord, The great beyond becomes more unstable, with it's cosmic overlord gone. New, interdimensional monsters and threats are coming, and they're coming to wreak havoc upon Terraria.
Tier 1 Endgame Armors
I've had a few ideas for armor.

Quite similar to the Lunar-Tier Armors, but do somewhat more in function.
No recipe ideas (Yet.)

Ecliptic Armor Set

(No Sprite)

Ecliptic Hood
Defense: 19
Increases Maximum Mana by 20
Reduces Mana Usage by 5%
Increases Magic Damage by 12%

Ecliptic Mask
Increases Mana by 40
Reduces Mana by 10%
Increases Magic Damage by 5%

Ecliptic Robes
Defense: 21
Increases Maximum Mana by 40
Reduces Mana Usage by 10%
Increases Magic Damage by 13%

Ecliptic Boots
Defense: 18
Increases Magic Damage by 15%
Movement Speed increased by 30%
(With Mask) Set Bonus: A ring of moons surround you which heals you and your teammates.

The ring of moons will explode in a green aura, and whoever is caught in the green aura will get healed, depending on how much moons you have in your ring orbit.
If you have 1, You will get an additional 40+ health.
If you have 2, You will get an additional 80+ health.
If you have 3, You will get an additional 120+ health.

To release your ring, you must double tap down.

(With Hood) Set Bonus: A sentient moon releases your enemy's stolen attacks once your mana has depleted.

A moon orbits around you, which also has a 15% chance to steal your enemies' attacks. Every time it steals an enemy's attack, your damage increased by 25%, but as soon as you deplete yourself of mana, the enemy's attack will release, removing your 50% increase but also acting as a safety mechanism in case you're in trouble.
It will stack only stack up to three stolen enemy attacks, making the highest buff increase 75%.
Earthshine Armor set

Earthshine Helm
Defense: 14
Increases minion damage by 30%
Increases your max number of minions by 1

Earthshine Breastplate
Defense: 12
Increases your max number of minions by 2

Earthshine Robes
Increases your max number of minions by 2

Set bonus: A interplanetary force is watching over you.

Beams of energy will strike down on random enemies you see, causing around 100 to 200+ damage, depending on your accessories.

The beams of energy have a 6 second cooldown.

Nadir Armor Set

Nadir Mask
Defense: 18
20% Increased Ranged Damage
15% Increased Range Critical Strike Chance

Nadir Armorplate
Defense: 30
20% Increased Ranged Damage
33% chance not to consume ammo

Nadir Leggings
10% Increased Ranged Damage
25% Increased Ranged Critical Strike Chance
5% Increased Movement Speed
10% Increased Projectile Speed

Set Bonus: Double-tapping down puts the user into carnage mode
Defense is increased by 30%
Enemies will target you more
150% Increased Damage
25% Increased Critical Strike Chance
Movement speed increased by 80%

Yes, this is an actual word.
|
v
Seyfert Armor Set

Seyfert Helm
Defense: 30
12% Increased Melee Damage
Enemies are more likely to target you

Seyfert Chestpiece
Defense: 40
12% Increased Melee Damage
30% Increased Melee Speed
Enemies are more likely to target you

Seyfert Robes
Defense: 28
16% Increased Melee Damage
30% Increased Movement Speed

Set Bonus: Galactic Flare buff is given
Keeping the buff multiplies your critical strike chance by 40%.
Double-tapping down will release a huge flare of energy that has insane knockback, and also does over 500 Damage. The buff has a 10 Second Cooldown.
Tier 1 Endgame Weapons
Intergalactic Buster

200 Magic Damage
Insane Knockback
Insane Speed
Uses 10 Mana
8% Increased Critical Strike Chance

"Ultimate Nullification is at hand."

A homage to Marvel's UN, the ultimate-nullifier-esque weapon shoots a cosmic shockwave that passes through blocks and reaches to the end of your screen.

Destroyer of Novae
750 Base Melee Damage
Ridiculous Knockback
Insane Speed
12% Critical Strike Chance

"The fury of stars cannot overcome this sword."

The Destroyer of Novae, when swung, shoots out 1 to 3 aggressive lines of explosions that home in on enemies in a snake fashion. The tail of the explosion does 70% of the given damage, while the core of the explosion does 100%.

Spatial Scribe

180 Minion Damage
No Knockback
Fast Speed
Uses 10 Mana

"Summons infinitely heavy holes of mass that aggressively chase you enemies."

It summons black holes that do leech damage, then once the enemy dies, their death explosively shoots cosmic residue in multiple directions. A bit of an upgrade to the Stardust Cell Summon.

IBR Launcher

650 Ranged Damage
Weak Knockback
Average Speed
10% Critical Strike Chance
33% Not to consume ammo

"IBR Stands for Interdimensional Ballistic Rocket."

Shoots a rocket that when it explodes, it will tear holes in reality. The hole with sporadically grow and turn in size, like static.

Ammo
Wormhole Rocket
Stack up to 999
250 Damage

Galactic Swirl
400 Melee Damage
Fast Speed
Weak Knockback
10% critical strike chance

Yo-yo Variant

Throwing this Yoyo will spawn a swirling galaxy in the core of the yoyo, increasing it's range.

Proton Stampede
180 Ranged Damage
Insanely Fast Speed
Very Weak Knockback
5% critical strike chance
40% chance not to consume ammo

"Shoot the smallest elements of the universe at your foes."

An upgrade from the SDMG, Once the bullets make contact with a surface, they will stick to the surface and shoot short-range sparks that leech enemy health.
Tier 1 Boss
The Cosmic Fusion
"Look at what you've done"

Every boss you've faced is coming back for revenge in a twisted fusion of metal, flesh, chlorophyll, lizhahrd brick, moonstone and pure death. This horrible amalgamation is combined with what seems to be the interdimensional metaphysical material that keeps our multiverse in check. Oh boy.

HP: 150,000
Expert HP: 225,000

Knockback Resist: 100%
Defense (In Dimension): 80
Defense (Outside Dimension): 999,999,999

Damage (Melee) | 90 | 180 (Expert Mode)
True Servants of Cthulhu | 120 | 240 (Expert Mode)
Skeletron Arm | 160 | 320 (Expert Mode)
Giant Bees | 140 | 200 (Expert Mode)
Phantasmal Deathray 200 | 400
Golem Fist 150 | 300 (Expert Mode)
Spore | 120 | 240 (Expert Mode)

The Boss is spawned within it's own dimension, a space where it can be hurt. You cannot hurt the boss while outside of it's dimension.

The text on the bottom left will usually appear and remind of your mistakes.
At 100% Health
"LOOK AT WHAT YOU'VE DONE!"
"YOU ARE EATING THIS WORLD AWAY!"
"BLOCK BY BLOCK! TILE BY TILE!"

At 75% Health
"WHO DO YOU THINK THE MONSTER IS, HERE?"
"WHO IS THE ONE THAT SLAUGHTERS THOUSANDS OF LIVES?"
"WHAT IS THIS TO YOU? A GAME?"

At 50% Health
"W̨h̡y?"
"Wh͘at ͜d̴i҉d̛ ẃe͏ ̵do wr̷ong͢ t́o ̢dese̡rv̡e̷ t͘h̶įs҉?"
"W̸hat ͘ar̛e w̵e̶ t҉o y̴ou?̶ R͘e͘s͡our̛ce̛? ̴Ma҉tęr͡ial?"

At 25% Health
"P͞le͜͠a̛s͝e̷, ͘s̷tò̷͡p,͢͠ I̵ ̨̢̕be͢g̴ y͠o҉͝ù̵!͟͝"
"P̴̀͞lea̵͡͞şe̴͏!҉́ ̕L҉̷͡eá͟ve̷͜ ̵̴̛t̴̵͠h͜͝i͟͝s̨̨͞ ̨͟w̸o̸̵͏r͘ļ͠d̨ ́a͜͞l͏̵̸o͘͞n̶͟e̵͠!̛"
"Wh҉̀a҉̀t̸̨ ̷̕a҉r̨̕͜é͏ ̛́͢ý͟ò͟ų͡.͢͞.̷҉.͜͡?͘"

Just when the boss dies, the boss will gain some form of invulnerablity and will go immobile. In this moment, it will tell you this.
"Í͘͢͢͞ underst͏̡à̴̢̕n̨͠҉d͞҉̨̡ now."
"Y̸̛҉͞ou are g̢͡r̵̕e̶̛e̶̛̕͘͢d͠҉̕͟. Truly, nothing matters to you. Ơ̶̷͞n̶̕l͏͟͝y̡̧͘͡ ̢͞y̕͘͏̡͜o͏͞ư̢r̛͘͢ ̶̷̀͟͝w̶̢͝ȩ͞͠a̵̧̕l̸͞͝t̷h̷̶͠.̸̨"
"Looking past y̶̸͝o̶͜u̸̢͜ŗ̛͝ ̕s̴͟c͏͢͞r̸̴̶͟e̵̛e̸҉n̨͟͟҉.̷͡͝͡.̀͘͏̡."
"I see what entices you to loot this world."
"L̷͘i̡k̷̡̨̀̕e͢͏̵͞͡ ҉̶͡s͏͏o̧҉͡͡ ̴͞m̢͞a͏̴͟n͟͜y̵̡͜͟ ͟͞b̵͟e̷̕f̶̀o͢҉̶҉r̸̶̢͜͠e̵͘.̷́͢"
"When will you learn like the o̕͟ń̡҉ę̷̧̡̀s̸̀ ̷̶̶̢͢b̕͠è̷̕͟f̢̧̡̛͏o͏r̶͘͠e̶ ̨͜͝҉̨y̢̛͜ǫ̵̵͜ù͞҉͝?̀͘"

The boss will implode, dropping an NPC. His name is Cupiditas.

Confronting this NPC and talking to it, will make him respond with this to say.
"Oh, wowee! Thanks for helping me get out of there! I'd thought I would never get out!"

TIER 2
This is where things will get a bit more interesting. Stay Tuned!

Last edited:
This would be really cool, but I think this would armor isn't needed unless there is a huge challenge awaiting it. The carnage mode could be a bit less. like maybe just 50% increased damage, and nothing else, or its way to overpowered. The Ecliptic set is really cool, as well as all the others. But the Nadir armor just seems to OP

This would be really cool, but I think this would armor isn't needed unless there is a huge challenge awaiting it. The carnage mode could be a bit less. like maybe just 50% increased damage, and nothing else, or its way to overpowered. The Ecliptic set is really cool, as well as all the others. But the Nadir armor just seems to OP
Well, considering Vortex's Set gives 80%, maybe 100% and remove the defense?

huh, I only skimmed over this, but from what I read, I like it! The idea seems really interesting, and I like that you actually made stuff, that would make sense after the celestial tier (seriously Ive seen people remake the pillars with previous themes; blood moon pillar, solar eclipse pillar, halloween pillar, christmas pillar, JEEZ) anyways; yeah! I like this, and I hope you can find someone to help you with sprites! (or do them yourself if thats your thing ;) )

Full Support!

Alrighto. I've come back from a bit of stuff.
yeah
Or make it have a cooldown and a limited time
:)
Cooldown could work.
huh, I only skimmed over this, but from what I read, I like it! The idea seems really interesting, and I like that you actually made stuff, that would make sense after the celestial tier (seriously Ive seen people remake the pillars with previous themes; blood moon pillar, solar eclipse pillar, halloween pillar, christmas pillar, JEEZ) anyways; yeah! I like this, and I hope you can find someone to help you with sprites! (or do them yourself if thats your thing ;) )

Full Support!
Thanks for the enthusiasm, friend. Personally I had this running as a headcanon thing, but I've started applying mechanical thinking when it comes to the, mechanics, of the post-celestial/moon lord stuff.

Back
Top Bottom