Xbox One Cloud game saves

schmoopiepoopie

Terrarian
I know that we have not been able to bring over saved games from the 360 to the Xbone. But today, I noticed the "RT Download" for game importing from the cloud. I went over to my 360, put the relevant files into the cloud, and attempted downloading them with no luck.

Was that "RT Download" always there and I just haven't noticed it until today, or was the ability to bring our old games over implemented and I am doing it wrong? I am failing somehow, just not sure in what manner. ;)

I know that we have not been able to bring over saved games from the 360 to the Xbone. But today, I noticed the "RT Download" for game importing from the cloud. I went over to my 360, put the relevant files into the cloud, and attempted downloading them with no luck.

Was that "RT Download" always there and I just haven't noticed it until today, or was the ability to bring our old games over implemented and I am doing it wrong? I am failing somehow, just not sure in what manner. ;)
It's a new functionality :) Do you already have saves in the same slots as you're trying to download? Like World 1 slot has a save on 360 but Xbone already has a world saved there?

It's a new functionality :) Do you already have saves in the same slots as you're trying to download? Like World 1 slot has a save on 360 but Xbone already has a world saved there?

Yes, is that going to be a problem?

Glad to know it's new and I haven't been that oblivious. ;)

I just read the post where you helped the PS4 player with this issue. That was helpful. Thank you. My question is this - people typically start new worlds on new installs in slot one, no? So one would think that you can shuffle them around between slots during cloud transfers. Is it really necessary to delete my slot 1 xbone main world to import my slot 1 xbox 360 world?

Wow I had no clue that the worlds could only transfer over to the same slot. This sucks since I wanted to keep my PS4 world but since it's in the first slot just like my PS3 world I have to delete it but I backed it up on a flash drive first. But yeah thanks for this info I would have never figured this out otherwise.

Last edited:
I just read the post where you helped the PS4 player with this issue. That was helpful. Thank you. My question is this - people typically start new worlds on new installs in slot one, no? So one would think that you can shuffle them around between slots during cloud transfers. Is it really necessary to delete my slot 1 xbone main world to import my slot 1 xbox 360 world?

Currently that doesn't seem to be possible. Probably because that would make the code that handles saves much more complicated.

Currently that doesn't seem to be possible. Probably because that would make the code that handles saves much more complicated.
Well I seem to just be having problems with opening transferred world's on the XbOne yet can still use my old characters

Have you managed to sort this problem as I seem to going around in circles
No, but I have discovered that on a different forum, someone claimed that if you had more than one person on a world before you transferred it would glitch. It could also be the fact that my worlds were generated before the 1.2.4 PL equivalent update.

No, but I have discovered that on a different forum, someone claimed that if you had more than one person on a world before you transferred it would glitch. It could also be the fact that my worlds were generated before the 1.2.4 PL equivalent update.
That shouldn't be a problem... but could be.
[Edited]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom