PC Terraria 1.3.0.8: Can Mac & Linux Come Out & Play?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the GOG.com version can be installed on multiple computers and all played at the same time?

Yes. So can the Steam version, if you install the game and then put Steam into Offline Mode. (Though you might have trouble using Steam's multiplayer features to connect. But you shouldn't have a problem connecting by IP since these computers are all on the same LAN.)

This is great!
But i can't run it. Tried in Slackware and Debian. Both have same error, which was reported to you in this thread ("ctx->have_GL_ARB_instanced_arrays" error).
I know you support only Ubuntu, but i hope you'll fix it nonetheless. :)

PS: i am using x32 bit Linux distro and game bought on GOG.

I had the exact same problem in Ubuntu 14.04. I fixed it by recompiling the library giving the error ("MojoShader"), but first removing the assertion that is generating the error (I don't know how fatal the error really is).

See the attached GNU Bash script, which automates the steps I had to do. My hunch is that the script will work for 64-bit machines as well (I only tested on my 32-bit machine).

You will need to have CMake installed to run the script (install that via sudo apt-get install cmake).

Assuming that the attached script is downloaded to your Downloads directory, run it like so:

$ bash ~/Downloads/terraria_mojoshader_arrays_fix.sh.txt

Now you should be able to at least load the game. :sigh: Best of luck! :happy:

Attachments

• terraria_mojoshader_arrays_fix.sh.txt
    888 bytes · Views: 961
Last edited:
Hey,i have a problem.... I played terraria before on win7 and now I upgraded to win10 and I can't play it anymore... pls help

Hi everyone!

I tried the new Terraria on XUbuntu 15.10 and it worked fine for me. Had framerate drops near hardmode jungle, but I need to investigate further.

@goldxvi: not sure, but did you check gog.com?

Last edited:
I had the exact same problem in Ubuntu 14.04. I fixed it by recompiling the library giving the error ("MojoShader"), but first removing the assertion that is generating the error (I don't know how fatal the error really is).

See the attached GNU Bash script, which automates the steps I had to do. My hunch is that the script will work for 64-bit machines as well (I only tested on my 32-bit machine).

You will need to have CMake installed to run the script (install that via sudo apt-get install cmake).

Assuming that the attached script is downloaded to your Downloads directory, run it like so:

Nope, doesn't even launch (Segfault this time). -_- Thanks for the effort though! ;)
I would like to repost here what MojoShader's developer said about this issue (Kudos to you once again for the effort on solving this problem):
Terraria needs to be rebuilt.
this is fixed with the latest FNA and isn't really a MojoShader bug, so update MojoShader and FNA together without modifying them and it should be okay.

New version of Terraria is coming (v1.3.1). Let's hope this issue will be addressed. :rolleyes:

Next Step: make it possible to mod the game on mac \o/
i want to import my custom sprites so bad....

Last edited:
I would also like modding by steam workshop. that would be amazing.
[doublepost=1459352493,1459352305][/doublepost]
Yes. So can the Steam version, if you install the game and then put Steam into Offline Mode. (Though you might have trouble using Steam's multiplayer features to connect. But you shouldn't have a problem connecting by IP since these computers are all on the same LAN.)

yeah, that works, I tried

Nope, doesn't even launch (Segfault this time). -_- Thanks for the effort though! ;)
I would like to repost here what MojoShader's developer said about this issue (Kudos to you once again for the effort on solving this problem):

New version of Terraria is coming (v1.3.1). Let's hope this issue will be addressed. :rolleyes:

Did you ever get this to work? I'm having this error..
[doublepost=1474101091,1474101026][/doublepost]

Hey, did you get this to work? How would we instead rebuild Terraria with the correct MojoGame and FNA?

Is there a download link for 1.3.3.3 Linux dedicated server available? I would like to run it on my linux v-server, which doesn't have access to steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom