Console Terraria Console Holiday 2015 Update!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the new update. Just a couple of problems. I was streaming today and I was grinding on Duke fishron with viewers and then 2 Duke Fishrons spawn! Another glitch is one with the truffle worms. I was building my house and I was filling the walls and then out of no where everytime I placed a grey brick wall and then truffle worms spawn! I think it is very annoying and it should be fixed quick please.

So something strange happened to me today... I was making lavafall blocks to turn into walls to put up into my Wizard's room, so I went down to the cavern, and started crafting the blocks from a lava pool close by my Hellevator. After I was finished, I went back to work on my house, but I left the Crystal Ball next to the lava pool (In case I wanted more blocks, and because I'm lazy...) So a couple days passed before I needed to use my Hellevator again... And when that time finally came, I dropped down into my Hellevator, only to find the entire shaft, as well as the immediate area around it, filled completely with lava. I have no idea how it got there, as I didn't alter anything that hasn't been there since I made the world back in 1.21. Luckily I had my Lava Waders on.
Anyways, I was wondering if anyone knows how this could have happened? Bug, or does the Crystal Ball have magical duplicating abilities? I looked on the Wiki, but have seen no such thing.
Edit: PS4 version, by the way.

So something strange happened to me today... I was making lavafall blocks to turn into walls to put up into my Wizard's room, so I went down to the cavern, and started crafting the blocks from a lava pool close by my Hellevator. After I was finished, I went back to work on my house, but I left the Crystal Ball next to the lava pool (In case I wanted more blocks, and because I'm lazy...) So a couple days passed before I needed to use my Hellevator again... And when that time finally came, I dropped down into my Hellevator, only to find the entire shaft, as well as the immediate area around it, filled completely with lava. I have no idea how it got there, as I didn't alter anything that hasn't been there since I made the world back in 1.21. Luckily I had my Lava Waders on.
Anyways, I was wondering if anyone knows how this could have happened? Bug, or does the Crystal Ball have magical duplicating abilities? I looked on the Wiki, but have seen no such thing.
Edit: PS4 version, by the way.
damm thats some bug
[DOUBLEPOST=1450818243,1450817956][/DOUBLEPOST]I got the tarter sauce when fishing on one day and then the next it didn't work I gave to one of my sibs and it worked but i did not get it back to see if it would work again

Shreked the duke! Score is 1 to 3.
Also a bug has been found in xbox360, bone key dosnt summon baby skeletron. I worked so hard for it too! :mad:
I had the same problem with the bone key to. what i did was to put it in a chest and grab another summon IE the "cursed Sapling". and summon it, when he pops up. go get the bone key out of the chest and summon it. it work for me any how. (Xbox 360)

And i've found a truffle worm. LOL
[DOUBLEPOST=1450830029,1450829687][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'm having problems. Every time I use a magic mirror a truffle worm flys away through the ground ???!!! And on certain worlds my fishing rod casts infinant lines and won't take them back until I change item

PLS FIX THIS ☹☹☹☹
i had the same problem. i had some poations that was stack higher then 999. so i took them out and cast the line. it seem to fix it. any items that are higher stack then they should be may be glitching it. take them out and cast your rod.

http://forums.terraria.org/index.ph...h-the-fishing-mechanis-rod.38107/#post-839469

I had the same problem with the bone key to. what i did was to put it in a chest and grab another summon IE the "cursed Sapling". and summon it, when he pops up. go get the bone key out of the chest and summon it. it work for me any how. (Xbox 360)

And i've found a truffle worm. LOL
[DOUBLEPOST=1450830029,1450829687][/DOUBLEPOST]
i had the same problem. i had some poations that was stack higher then 999. so i took them out and cast the line. it seem to fix it. any items that are higher stack then they should be may be glitching it. take them out and cast your rod.

http://forums.terraria.org/index.ph...h-the-fishing-mechanis-rod.38107/#post-839469
Thanks

All right, I've been reading the forums here for a while, but just signed up for an account specifically to post this - the Vita crash issue is getting *worse*, not better.

I've been playing on my Vita for a few months. I would get the very occasional crash, but figured I was getting lucky because I tend to play with the WiFi off. I play an hour or so in the mornings, and an hour or so in the late afternoons, mostly on my train ride to/from work. It was very rare for it to crash on me.

Then, this latest update came out. I was super excited, and couldn't wait to play it. I installed it the moment I could, and went to town, starting a brand new world, with a brand new character.

It started crashing almost immediately, always when the autosave kicked off. I read what I could, rebuilt the Vita database, uninstalled the game, rebuilt the database again, and reinstalled the game. No luck. It just gets worse, and worse. It looks an awful lot like they not only did nothing for the existing crash bug, but didn't even care that it got worse.

I've bought Terraria for my PS3, and my PS4, as well as my Vita. I also bought it for my Nintendo 3DS. I love the game, it's fun to play on the big screen...but it's the portability I'm really after. The 3DS version is nice, but I prefer the Vita, and would really rather it worked. I haven't bought a single one of these versions on sale - I'm more than happy to pay to support the development...but I definitely didn't sign up for this constant crashing nonsense.

Has *anybody* gotten an actual response from 505 Games? Other than "read our FAQ, rebuild your database, etc." ? Is there any indication at all that anyone over there even cares about it?

Has *anybody* gotten an actual response from 505 Games? Other than "read our FAQ, rebuild your database, etc." ? Is there any indication at all that anyone over there even cares about it?

That's likely all that they could offer in the short term. Behind the scenes, you can rest assured that we have been quite vocal - both before and after this update - that the Vita crash is an A-1 Priority to fix. They thought they had it...apparently they did not. What would be really useful is if they could partner with a handful of interested community members and dive deep. The bug itself has been elusive on their end...to replicate much less to fix. So - something to consider for anyone out there, submit a ticket, offer your aid, and let's see if we can finally stamp out this issue together.

What I know about the crashing is that it most likely isn't related to character items, world size and a few other mundane things.
Is it possible that it's related to tile entity data? My pre-1.2 vita world crashed only a few times compared to my post-1.2.3 worlds. So it could be possible that a tile type causes the vita to go into ogreload when saving?
It's worth noting that in one of my post-1.2 worlds where I stripped it completely bare, the crashing was rare. Could some of the newer tiles be bugged?

Last edited:
That's likely all that they could offer in the short term. Behind the scenes, you can rest assured that we have been quite vocal - both before and after this update - that the Vita crash is an A-1 Priority to fix. They thought they had it...apparently they did not. What would be really useful is if they could partner with a handful of interested community members and dive deep. The bug itself has been elusive on their end...to replicate much less to fix. So - something to consider for anyone out there, submit a ticket, offer your aid, and let's see if we can finally stamp out this issue together.

That's part of the frustration here. I've read a lot of posts from people complaining about the crash bug, and these go back to June. There's not a whole lot of "yep, we're working on this, and this is what we're thinking/ways to possibly avoid this" back - it makes it seem a problem that they don't care about.

I do administer a grain of salt - people in general are going to be far more outspoken with negative experiences than with positive ones - I just wanted to highlight my own experience - the TL;DR of which is it seems worse, not better.

I did submit a ticket with them, and will happily give them any and all feedback. Any way I can help, I'd be delighted.

That's part of the frustration here. I've read a lot of posts from people complaining about the crash bug, and these go back to June. There's not a whole lot of "yep, we're working on this, and this is what we're thinking/ways to possibly avoid this" back - it makes it seem a problem that they don't care about.

Yeah, I will own not seeing or knowing about it until more recently than that. No idea how I missed it, personally (except that I cannot be in all places at once) - but I've been pressing on it since I knew. I will continue to do so.

I signed up here just to report the "crashing while saving/auto-saving" bug on the Vita version of the game.

Honestly, this is sloppy work. How come a major glitch like this does not get fixed after 6 months of waiting and 2 updates? It's either you're ignoring this glitch, or you just don't know what's causing it. And I doubt it's the latter.

Please release a seperate patch fixing this issue, because it is INCREDIBLY frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom