Console Terraria Console Bugs & Issues Status

I don't know if this happened to anyone else but I had 2 mechanical eyes and when I used them,they turned into grasshoppers, keep in mind that both of them did that, please fix it ps4 version

Another bug with the Xbox 360 is that you can practically fish on land, like the bobber is not on water and still can fish bass, etc. Happened when I was trying to mimic my brother then it started doing the fishing movement
[DOUBLEPOST=1451062283,1451062151][/DOUBLEPOST]
Another bug with the Xbox 360 is that you can practically fish on land, like the bobber is not on water and still can fish bass, etc. Happened when I was trying to mimic my brother then it started doing the fishing movement

Dont know if this happens to other people

I may of found a fix for the vita crash. I have terraria on an 8 gig card that's almost full,and on a 16 gig card that's got 3 gigs left. I don't seem to have the crash on the 16 gig card. I'm even using pre update characters and items. I tried to post a ticket but for some reason I can't pull up the site. I think if your card is to full it reads it as not being able to save. Since it has no ability to cancel the save the game crashes. Was wondering if anyone would be willing to test this out and confirm it. Thanks in advance and merry Christmas everyone.

I may of found a fix for the vita crash. I have terraria on an 8 gig card that's almost full,and on a 16 gig card that's got 3 gigs left. I don't seem to have the crash on the 16 gig card. I'm even using pre update characters and items. I tried to post a ticket but for some reason I can't pull up the site. I think if your card is to full it reads it as not being able to save. Since it has no ability to cancel the save the game crashes. Was wondering if anyone would be willing to test this out and confirm it. Thanks in advance and merry Christmas everyone.
I don't have a vita, but that definitely sound possible.

I have a 64 gig memory card on Vita which is about halfway filled and it still crashed. The best thing to do for now is to manual save every few minutes to minimize loss of your progress.

actually it looks pretty awesome when it does that. I like the red eyes. makes him more menacing.

Fishron's red eyes do actually look cool, why would they make them yellow, if we can vote to leave Duke's eyes red? I say leave it!
[DOUBLEPOST=1451080414,1451079844][/DOUBLEPOST]So, this happened about a year ago, and I'm not the only person to post about it, Xbox 360 specifically for me, I have a world where no chests will open, loaded up my save one day, and not a single one in that world, other worlds work fine, chests can be broken, but can't be placed either.
Also, drained the ocean, exited/saved, reloaded to make it insta-drain I guess, and now somewhere around 1/4 of my map is completely gone, and it's now completely jungle background from hell to sky. If they want a picture I'll take a few, but this world is just.....oh goodness....knock on wood, hopefully nothing else breaks.

Both of those are on the same world by the way.

It's whatever. I haven't fought him on PC yet but as Engine is trying to get the game as close to PC as possible they may change it.

In the investigation I know how to recreate the truffle worm glitch.

Step1 have any critter that can be caught by a bug net

Step 2 set him free and quickly kill it with any swinging weapon( in this case it was a horseman blade)

Step3 exit the game and reenter

Step 4 once entered each swing will spawn that critter

I found this out pre update.

Important Note: We will keep these posts updated as further information comes in from the community and/or development team. Please read the fixed and reported bug lists below before posting your own to reduce duplicates!

Mobile bug hub thread: http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/terraria-mobile-bugs-issues-status.37778/
3DS bug hub thread: http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/3ds-known-issues.37772/

Hi everyone,

Hope you’re all enjoying the recently released console update! We were very excited to bring this content to you, but in doing so, there have been a number of new and preexisting bugs cropping up that we’d like to keep track of and address. As part of our mission to communicate as clearly and openly with you as possible, we will be using this thread to keep track of and update issues with the non-Nintendo console versions of Terraria, so that you can see where we stand on each of them. This includes PS3, PS4, PS Vita, 360, and Xbox One.

We all believe it’s just as important for you to know about what’s being fixed as it is to know when we still can’t reproduce a problem or don’t have a solution yet, so we’ll do our best to keep you in the loop on all going’s on. Due to how software development works, you may not hear about updates for stretches at a time, so please be patient while we collect, reproduce, isolate, and fix these issues.

Things may also seem slightly messy at first as we filter all the data and get everything organized and vetted against our own internal systems, but again, this will serve as a great one-stop place for you to see what’s going on with the current version and future updates.

Without any further ado, let’s get to it!

Top Platform-Specific Issues:

PS4:
  • [to be updated]
PS3:
  • [to be updated]
PS Vita:
  • [to be updated]
Xbox One:
  • [to be updated]
Xbox 360:
  • [to be updated]

Confirmed & Potential Bug Fixes:

• [To be updated]

Issues Reported to QA & Development (Status Pending Further Investigation):

Newly Collected and Reported to QA/Dev on December 23, 2015:
  • Bunny spawns when placing dirt block in midair. "Whenever I try and place a dirt block in midair and it's not connected or touching anything it spawns a bunny and uses the block" (Xbox 360)
  • Glass walls have lines across them instead of being a single wall (includes newly places walls)
  • Player unable to use Magic Seed or Squashling Pet
  • Palm trees are not growing
  • Cannot use weapons while in mine carts (XB1)
  • Waterleaf no longer needs to be submerged in water to bloom
  • Blizzard Staff shards are unable to be moved and fall slowly
  • Boreal wood armor chest plate has texture of Shadow Armor (youtube.com/watch?v=Crpbgrvn5as)
  • Player can pass through jungle temple doors without using the key (youtube.com/watch?v=t9zEpj1-QzI)
  • Web Slinger disappeared from inventory after patch
  • Players cannot open presents dropped by enemies
  • Truffle worms are spawning infinitely from my Horseman's Blade (youtube.com/watch?v=zW4ZIPHSUf4) [360]
  • Mine cart not jumping off rail correctly when there is a gap (Intended?) For example. you just built a mine cart rollercoaster and you want to make a jump over...let's say lava. At this point your mine cart would go right into the lava instead of jumping over to the next portion of track. [Vita]
  • Music Box (Tutorial) can have a prefix. Prefix will change when mined, to have a different one, or not one at all. Image attached.
  • Music Boxes will open when the player approaches them, and close when not close. However when turned on, they will shut close when you are close, and open when you move away. Video demonstration provided below. youtu.be/K7YAWi6LJzA
  • Acorns will not grow on Sand when planted, therefore yielding no Palm Trees.
  • Tempest Staff will fire a projectile when all minion slots are already filled, instead of merely trying to summon another tornado. Video attached below youtu.be/_gfe5X4lcQU
  • Duke Fishron's Eyes will turn a red color instead of Yellow when he initiates stage 2 of his attack phases.
  • Paladins Hammer creates a visual bug when thrown occasionally. Hammer will appear in Random areas either near or far away from the character. youtu.be/gxIQrKXUX-g
  • Corruption "Pots", when broken, explode into Lihzhard Pot " Gore" when broken.
  • Corruption Thorns grow straight up, and will not jut out in different directions.
  • Music Box (Snow) and Music Box (Ice) play the wrong tracks. They should be reversed.
  • Tiles do not have priority over Walls when torches are placed. Basically when the Torch is placed, it will always attach to the wall, not a tile if it is right next to it.
  • Worms do not spawn by breaking a background rock object.
  • Fishron wings have incredibly slow wing speed when used in the air. (Need to test in water as well)
  • When a Gold Chest is mined (may happen to other chests) with items still in it in Multiplayer, the chest will disappear Client Side, while the Host will still see it. youtu.be/m0Exl4fNDPQ
  • Lavafall blocks (and hence lavafall walls) do not work. They at least show up in the crafting section, but the "crystal ball & lava" station is in red like it doesn't exist.
  • Wrong sprite for boreal trees. They do drop boreal wood and they do grow, but that's not how they should look. They should have a darker shade.
  • Watch the arapaima that Doyle shoots with a cursed bullet, then I will explain more. Before the update, there was an issue where the host wouldn't see debuffs caused by a guest. The guest could see everything and the host could see his own debuffs that he caused, though. Well, the update came out and we have a new issue. Now the host sees everything, and the guest sees nothing. This is regardless to who did the debuff. They obviously tried to fix the issue (and they technically did for the host), yet they ended up creating a new one that's arguably worse.
  • Megashark sound is far too slow for its fire rate. Video attached. youtu.be/YBLFA9WBkEs
Quick buff does not work for one of the potions you are trying to use that potion pops up with a time of 0:00 seconds

20151225_195826.jpg
I'm can't get the truffle npc.
I have all the requirements for him to spawn but the background hasn't changed.

View attachment 89954 I'm can't get the truffle npc.
I have all the requirements for him to spawn but the background hasn't changed.

IDK if this is the right spot for this, personally I put an underground mushroom biome about 15-20 blocks below the surface, built a house up top, and bam, he popped in one day, but I'm assuming you checked the housing:
Did you go into the room and check if it was "suitable housing?"

IDK if this is the right spot for this, personally I put an underground mushroom biome about 15-20 blocks below the surface, built a house up top, and bam, he popped in one day, but I'm assuming you checked the housing:
Did you go into the room and check if it was "suitable housing?"

Yes, i checked it multiple times and it said it was suitable

Alright so maybe that's not the problem. All I know is I can play from full battery to low without saving and have no problems when I do. Even when I had auto save enabled I had no problems. From what I've seen in other threads 505 can't even replicate the crash. So its up to Us the community to figure this out. Most of us have been just sitting around waiting and whining for a patch. I dont have any crashes so I have to be on to something.

Alright so maybe that's not the problem. All I know is I can play from full battery to low without saving and have no problems when I do. Even when I had auto save enabled I had no problems. From what I've seen in other threads 505 can't even replicate the crash. So its up to Us the community to figure this out. Most of us have been just sitting around waiting and whining for a patch. I dont have any crashes so I have to be on to something.

I'm not sure on how bug hunting is done. But the "bug" has entered the game with the travelling merchant update (see my post in the VITA crash topic), my version is on the update right before it and I have never had a save crash (and my 16gig card is almost full, damn sony an their high prices :p), and I have many worlds filled with every item my update can give (have several "backup-vault-worlds" to with only chests upon chests with material/items).

So 505 (at least in my little knowledge I have about code) could compare version 1.05 and 1.06 and look at what code got added in 1.06, then they could look at each of that added code one by one, to see if nothing conflicts with any of the code in 1.05 in a serious way.
And by way of eliminating, you might be able to pinpoint the cause (could be something trivial like the travelling merchant being hit by a slime offscreen, causes the next save to be corrupt and crash the game).

Might be allot of work, but I can say for 99% sure that the 1.05 update (the 1.05 mentioned in this link: http://terraria.wiki.gg/Console_Version_history not sure if 505 has other names for the updates), does not give crashes, since I have made some serious trap-setups and spawned allot of each event, shooting left and right, draining oceans, mining away half the world, spawning bosses over and over, uploaded/downloaded chars/worlds, ... so 1.05 should be a safe point to use as comparison for the bug hunting

(then again, I'm not a bughunter expert, so it probably has some more things in the mix to pinpoint a bug, but "by way of eliminating" works for many things irl, so yeah, who knows, depends how many people work on the vita version at 505)

Last edited:
You're probably right. until the additions update(which added the Traveling Merchant, most of his items, terrariums, and upside down slopes.) the crashes never really would happen.

Back
Top Bottom