Console Terraria Console Bugs & Issues Status

I'm not sure on how bug hunting is done. But the "bug" has entered the game with the travelling merchant update (see my post in the VITA crash topic), my version is on the update right before it and I have never had a save crash (and my 16gig card is almost full, damn sony an their high prices :p), and I have many worlds filled with every item my update can give (have several "backup-vault-worlds" to with only chests upon chests with material/items).

So 505 (at least in my little knowledge I have about code) could compare version 1.05 and 1.06 and look at what code got added in 1.06, then they could look at each of that added code one by one, to see if nothing conflicts with any of the code in 1.05 in a serious way.
And by way of eliminating, you might be able to pinpoint the cause (could be something trivial like the travelling merchant being hit by a slime offscreen, causes the next save to be corrupt and crash the game).

Might be allot of work, but I can say for 99% sure that the 1.05 update (the 1.05 mentioned in this link: http://terraria.wiki.gg/Console_Version_history not sure if 505 has other names for the updates), does not give crashes, since I have made some serious trap-setups and spawned allot of each event, shooting left and right, draining oceans, mining away half the world, spawning bosses over and over, uploaded/downloaded chars/worlds, ... so 1.05 should be a safe point to use as comparison for the bug hunting

(then again, I'm not a bughunter expert, so it probably has some more things in the mix to pinpoint a bug, but "by way of eliminating" works for many things irl, so yeah, who knows, depends how many people work on the vita version at 505)

^^Thats me^^

Alrighty, time to do science!

I was doubting allot these last few weeks if I should finally update from my safe 1.05 version to the crash-monster-current-version.
First I was like "nopenopenope, it wont be good for your bloodpressure Vraccas, keep the stable version!"
But then logic kicked and said: "Its already been a couple of months since you last played Terraria on your vita, since you already achieved almost all you could, so what is there to loose in updating?"

So yeah, logic prevailed, and I'll finally update to the newest version of Terraria, and play a bunch of days on it (with sound off and autosave off) to see if it crashes. Seeya all in a few days, and hopefully I'll return with good news :p

Noticed some more bugs. PS Vita version.
Pink dungeon platform in green colored dungeon. Just one on the same spot (checked with multiple worlds)
2016-01-05-232702.jpg
Some hats don't show hair style properly.
For example that character's hair style.
2016-01-05-233045.jpg
And after equiping the hats...
(showing only those that i was able to compare with PC version, the other ones that I'm not sure, but don't see any reasons why should they cover hair styles are: Rain Hat, Sailor Hat, Gangsta Hat, Balla Hat, Umbrella Hat, Green Cap, Beanie, Tam o'Shanter, Mushroom Cap, Snow Hat, Fez and console exclusive George's Hat, Fabulous Ribbon)
2016-01-05-233152.jpg 2016-01-05-233217.jpg 2016-01-05-233235.jpg 2016-01-05-233246.jpg 2016-01-05-233301.jpg
And also have couple of questions:
dungeon chandeliers! this update includes them?
is Dragon Snatcher Banner drops from Dragon Snatchers or its unobtainable?
will the ps vita users ever be able to read or edit signs/tombstones in multiplayer?

Last edited:
There seems to be 2 distinct points during saving that the crash on the Vita occurs. The first is the very instant you press manual save, this causes an instant crash before the saving progress bar is even visible.... this crash seems to be the less common time for a crash. The second crash point is when the save progress bar is between 75% - 85% complete, this could point to whatever piece of data is being save during this time being the main cause of the crash .

In my piggy bank I had some spectre armour, and I was wearing beetle armour then I quick equipped it but it didn't make me wear it it just duplicated my beetle armour

(PS3)
[DOUBLEPOST=1452067742,1452067490][/DOUBLEPOST]Me and my friend killed the twins and skeleton prime but they both didn't drop anything

Well after a good long while of no crashes last night it crashed on the ps3. Auto save off, music off. My husband had connected it to the Internet to check for updates just yesterday and then lastnight it crashed. Only problem... It deleted my post update world's. ALL 4 OF THEM! One was post plantera and other bosses and had our entire accumulated inventory of weapons, wings, dyes, armor. That was the one we invested the time in. Well 3 came back after a couple times of turning off but my post plantera map is completely gone. Rediculous. We lost everything.

I've discovered that if you update strait from 1.00 to 1.04, the weapon spawning glitch won't occur.(EX: Horseman's blade spawning truffle worms.) [PS4]

Is the quest fish Fishron obtainable? I have tried fishing in the correct area (wiki), at various depths in the underground Snow Biome using the Golden Fishing Rod and Master Bait. The areas were purified (if they weren't pure already).

Is the quest fish Fishron obtainable? I have tried fishing in the correct area (wiki), at various depths in the underground Snow Biome using the Golden Fishing Rod and Master Bait.
What fish are you looking for? if it's fishron, then it may not be obtainable.

Fishron has always been notoriously difficult for me to fish up, even in the PC version. It has a very unique and small range spawn zone, which no other fish in the game has, if I recall. I'd be more inclined to guess that difficulty finding it is just a result of its difficulty in general, rather than a bug.

Yes, I remember it was really hard to get on PC as well, though I succeded eventually. I'll keep trying. I have another world that should have some suitable areas for fishing.

Gotcha! Yay! :)

Found Fishron in the Underground layer (first layer near the surface with brown background on the map). All the time I've been searching for it at far greater depths...

i am really enjoying the new console update, i really enjoy the new things that duke fishron brings to the table and the new weapons and gear that you can get from him, also fishing when you just create a charecter is so op

This new update is awesome and I've gotten pretty far since it has came out, But I can't wait till 1.3. Does anyone know when they plan on releasing that on console

possible bug. Full turtle armor, max gold hearts, and all possible def boosting items and still a one hit death from skeleton prime's spinning head attack. I used to had him beat within 2 mins with just chlorphite armor, ammo and megashark without losing too much health. Sounds like Prime's spinning head attack got switched with the dungeon guardian's attack since sometimes when Skeletron Prime executes said attack, his head hits me at the exact same speed as the dungeon guardian's attack, still resulting in an instant death.

I'm on the xbox 360

Last edited:
possible bug. Full turtle armor, max gold hearts, and all possible def boosting items and still a one hit death from skeleton prime's spinning head attack. I used to had him beat within 2 mins with just chlorphite armor, ammo and megashark without losing too much health. Sounds like Prime's spinning head attack got switched with the dungeon guardian's attack since sometimes when Skeletron Prime executes said attack, his head hits me at the exact same speed as the dungeon guardian's attack, still resulting in an instant death.

I'm on the xbox 360

I'm also on the 360, but I can't reproduce this bug. I tried both with and without Turtle Armor. Did daylight arrive? When dawn arrives, most bosses (including Skeleton Prime) gets OverPowered and will almost instantly kill you.

I'm also on the 360, but I can't reproduce this bug. I tried both with and without Turtle Armor. Did daylight arrive? When dawn arrives, most bosses (including Skeleton Prime) gets OverPowered and will almost instantly kill you.
It was still night, he just used the attack normally as he should, instant death. Tried again, dodged the attack a couple of times and then he just went dungeon guarding, nailing me with his spinning head at the same speed as the dungeon guardian and insta killed me, still night too

It was still night, he just used the attack normally as he should, instant death. Tried again, dodged the attack a couple of times and then he just went dungeon guarding, nailing me with his spinning head at the same speed as the dungeon guardian and insta killed me, still night too
How strange. I just beat him in a pre-hardmode world (Turtle Armor). Everything was normal. If the problem persists after restarting the game, maybe it's something with your accessories. The only defensive ones I used were Ankh Shield and Cross Necklace (The rest fishing accessories and wings).

How strange. I just beat him in a pre-hardmode world (Turtle Armor). Everything was normal. If the problem persists after restarting the game, maybe it's something with your accessories. The only defensive ones I used were Ankh Shield and Cross Necklace (The rest fishing accessories and wings).
Never mind, just beat him again, guess it did turn day but it was still dark looking out

Back
Top Bottom