3DS 3DS KNOWN ISSUES

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also encountered an unfortunate worldgen error where the lihzahrd altar was inaccesable:

WVW69iwSpWsmvhJQbk.jpg

along with a generation of a shadow orb outside of the actual corrupt blocks:
WVW69iwSYjgmi7mYoK.jpg

Also, completely unrelated but still a bug that seems to have gone unreported:
When (either by the imbuing station or not) viewing the crafting recipes for imbument flasks, there is a dramatic lag spike when viewing and crafting them.

EDIT: some wiring visual glitches, as in when anything that is a light source that can be toggled with wiring...
wg.jpg

this should have been a switch that toggles 8 torches around it, but when used it yeilded some interesting results...

Last edited:
Hey, A little stupid question, but will the patches be on the physical release?
I like the port so much that I must have the physical copy of this game... and I'm just curious. :D
BTW: Thanks Deanzor for your continuing effort to help people with their problems and making this port an ever greater one at that!

The way that approval works with platform holders is that they approve a specific version of the game for release. So the version that came out digitally will be the exact same as the one on the cart. The manufacturing and distribution times on the cart versions take a long time, you see. While it would be ideal to have the patch fixes on the cart version, the only way to do that would be to start the approvals process again with a ready-patched version which would delay the physical release by another month. We can't just swap a version for a newer one: Nintendo are very diligent and would want that new version subject to the same rigorous testing*.

Anyone with an online-enabled 3DS will get the patch on release day, which in this day and age I would expect to be the majority of them.

I appreciate that is not ideal by any means, but since the 3DS version will be updated post-launch we're relying on you being online to keep seeing the benefit of new content.

*The caveat to this is that Nintendo, of course, are only testing for general issues and compliance. They won't have known that the Duke Fishron stuff was supposed to work in a certain way, for example. That one is purely on 505, and will continue to haunt my dreams until the patch is live.

I also encountered an unfortunate worldgen error where the lihzahrd altar was inaccesable:

View attachment 91566

along with a generation of a shadow orb outside of the actual corrupt blocks:
View attachment 91565

Also, completely unrelated but still a bug that seems to have gone unreported:
When (either by the imbuing station or not) viewing the crafting recipes for imbument flasks, there is a dramatic lag spike when viewing and crafting them.

EDIT: some wiring visual glitches, as in when anything that is a light source that can be toggled with wiring...
View attachment 91567
this should have been a switch that toggles 8 torches around it, but when used it yeilded some interesting results...

We have done a lot of work on the world gen code for the patch, so broken dungeons should be a thing of the past. Unfortunately, because of how the world gen works, the patch can't go in and fix a broken dungeon in your save game. You will need to regenerate, but you can, of course, keep your tooled-up character you've created.

The other thing I will ask QA to look at, thanks.

Last edited:
Hello again everyone, just woke up and decided to do more tests regarding the save times. Someone earlier said how it would take a long time for the game to save when you would try to immediately leave a world after entering the world accidentally. I have 3 worlds and I entered and immediately left each world 3 times each. I would enter them in this order: world 1 -> world 2 -> world 3 -> world 1 etc.

World 1 is my main world, pre-hardmode and I live in a small village with NPCs nearby.
Save and quit straight after loading a world:
1st save - 15sec
2nd save - 40sec
3rd save - 14sec

World 2 is in hard mode, I didn't spawn in a bed but there is a big (and ugly) house nearby with a load of NPCs:
1st save - 19sec
2nd save- 3min 20sec
3rd save - 4min 16sec

World 3 has barely been touched. I only used this world before to take a few things from the ocean chests when trying (and failing) to find flippers:
1st save - 1min
2nd save - 13sec
3rd save - 1min 3sec

I then decided to see how long saves took when a world was being created and then when I left that new world immediately. I created 5 new worlds:
1st world creation - 7sec Leaving - 11sec
2nd world creation - 6sec Leaving - 1min 35sec
3rd world creation - 5sec Leaving - 11sec
4th world creation - 7sec Leaving - 9sec
5th world creation- 7sec Leaving - 1min

I am a bit unsure about the save times when a world was being created, because there have been times before where I swear that the saves took longer, but it definitely was a rare case.

Last edited:
One quick note about the initial world gen:

On rare occasions, you might notice this takes twice as long as normal. This is because once the world is generated, the game runs a few tests on it. On odd occasions, these tests are failed and the game dumps that world and starts again. So this is a different issue to the long save times some of you are seeing.

On rare occasions, you might notice this takes twice as long as normal. This is because once the world is generated, the game runs a few tests on it. On odd occasions, these tests are failed and the game dumps that world and starts again. So this is a different issue to the long save times some of you are seeing.

I noticed this. The first of the five worlds that I created in my test took longer to load than the others. It went through the creation process twice and therefore the loading bar had to go through twice before it went to the saving process.

I checked my SD card...

It's a SanDisk Ultra 32GB Micro SDHC Class 10. I don't think the class should really make much of a noticable difference? I've got a lot games downloaded, but that shouldn't make a difference either. Anyway, inspired by MemoryVoid doing his timings I've got my New 3DS with Terraria booted, and a stopwatch to time it on.

Just started the game
loaded my first (easy mode) world, then save&quit - 45 seconds
Playing for a few minutes - 1:10

Second world (hardmode)
Enter then save and exit - 2:21
Playing for a few minutes - 1:30

Third world (barely touched)
Enter then save and exit - 12 seconds
Playing for a few mins - 55 seconds

Not the most scientific of tests, I know... and I have no idea what it could be. Seems completely random to me. If you do find out what's making the saves so inconsistent, would you let us know? I'm curious.

The only real issue for me is the music boxes. They disappear after being played around it. And they don't cost any money.

Other then that, the port is a success in my eyes. I haven't gotten any weird or game-breaking glitches, such as the ammo slots. The save times vary, but they've always been at around 10-15 seconds.

Keep in mind that I'm using an original 3DS, which is where a lot of issues appear to be coming from, so I'm impressed. They did a really good job with porting Terraria to the 3DS.

I found a glitch with the spears, if you are using it and go to the armor menu the spear will be there. The character will look the same but with a spear across his body :eek:.

Last edited:
Is there everything from 1.2 or are some things missing? Also is there a technical reason why we cant have online play? sorry to moan about such a stupid thing but does the map have to be such bad quality? i also think the faces of npc's should be smaller:)

I'm gonna report these next ones in the form of Sir, I have a bug to report!
Hard mode Mushroom Biome in Prehardmode: I only want a mushroom grass seed, alright?!
Dungeon guardians don't really CARE: The Pre-Eye muramasa snag was still sweet, but they did eventually notice.

Deanzor can i speak to you privately?

Also, this isn't really a bug, but more an odd design choice, any particular reason the title screen doesn't have the title screen music?

Yeah. I think the music it has kinda works better for the way the title screen looks. The regular title screen music would make it... weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom