tAPI [Discontinued] tAPI - A Mod To Make Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is wrong. There is a HUGE difference between the two:tModloader doesn't use .jsons, it is all in .cs files. This makes it harder to work with than tAPI.
Yes, but JSON isn't really coding, it's more like writing out properties. And the fact it only uses CS isn't that big a different. I learned it really quickly, taking notes from the ExampleMod.

That is wrong. There is a HUGE difference between the two:tModloader doesn't use .jsons, it is all in .cs files. This makes it harder to work with than tAPI.
That's actually a pretty small difference. All that means is you set properties using a different syntax, and you get to put everything into one file instead of two files.

There are large differences between the two APIs, but most those differences are internal, where most people can't see them. (Well, another difference is that tModLoader is still very incomplete.)

The lack of jsons essentially just makes it harder for people who are not experienced coders, possibly also makes it so it needs a slight tiny bit more effort to create the entry for an item that has only purpose of being a material. I was initially dissatisfied with the lack of jsons from both tmodloader and prism, but it turns out it makes organizing slightly easier and kinda reduces files clutter.

Last edited:
I have been trying to play tAPI mods but everytime i start tAPI up through gamelauncher it says:
tAPI has stopped working.
I have tried reinstalling my entire Terraria but nothing helps.
Anybody please help?

Hi. Can someone help me, please? Im new in it, i installed some mods and i got those errors:

>>> Singleplayer: 00:29:39 <<<
TAPI.Mods+LoadException: berberborscing v1.1.4.tapi: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'TAPI.ModBuff' from assembly 'tAPI, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.GetType(RuntimeAssembly assembly, String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, ObjectHandleOnStack type)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.GetType(String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetType(String name)
at TAPI.ModJsonHandler.HandleBuff(ModBase modBase, JsonData j, String fname) in x:\tAPI Core\tAPI\Mod\ModJsonHandler.cs:line 1447
at TAPI.ModJsonHandler.Handle(ModBase modBase) in x:\tAPI Core\tAPI\Mod\ModJsonHandler.cs:line 59
at TAPI.Mod.<Load>b__0(BinBuffer bb) in x:\tAPI Core\tAPI\Mod\Mod.cs:line 276
at TAPI.Mods.HandleTapiModFile(FPath path, Action`1 action) in x:\tAPI Core\tAPI\Mod\Mods.cs:line 449
at TAPI.Mods.HandleModFile(FPath path, Action`1 action) in x:\tAPI Core\tAPI\Mod\Mods.cs:line 427
at TAPI.Mod.Load() in x:\tAPI Core\tAPI\Mod\Mod.cs:line 107
at TAPI.Mods.Load() in x:\tAPI Core\tAPI\Mod\Mods.cs:line 539
DungeonGen.tapi: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'TAPI.ModBuff' from assembly 'tAPI, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.GetType(RuntimeAssembly assembly, String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, ObjectHandleOnStack type)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.GetType(String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase)
at TAPI.ModJsonHandler.HandleBuff(ModBase modBase, JsonData j, String fname) in x:\tAPI Core\tAPI\Mod\ModJsonHandler.cs:line 1447
at TAPI.ModJsonHandler.Handle(ModBase modBase) in x:\tAPI Core\tAPI\Mod\ModJsonHandler.cs:line 59
at TAPI.Mods.HandleTapiModFile(FPath path, Action`1 action) in x:\tAPI Core\tAPI\Mod\Mods.cs:line 449
at TAPI.Mods.HandleModFile(FPath path, Action`1 action) in x:\tAPI Core\tAPI\Mod\Mods.cs:line 427
GRealm.tapi: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'TAPI.ModBuff' from assembly 'tAPI, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
Necro.tapi: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'TAPI.ModBuff' from assembly 'tAPI, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
OmnirsNosPak.tapi: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'TAPI.ModBuff' from assembly 'tAPI, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
Tremor Mod.tapi: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at TAPI.ModJsonHandler.HandleBuff(ModBase modBase, JsonData j, String fname) in x:\tAPI Core\tAPI\Mod\ModJsonHandler.cs:line 1450
at Mods.Load()

Mods used:
BaseMod (Grox The Great's BaseMod 1.0.5 by Grox The Great)
berberborscing (berberborscing's Mod 1.1.3c by berberborscing)
DungeonGen (DungeonGen 1.4.3 by Flanker)
GRealm (Grealm 1.0.5 by Grox The Great)
Necro (Necropolis Mod null by Zoodletec and Sapharan)
OmnirsNosPak (Omnirs Nostalgia Pack 1.0.4.3 by Omnir)
InvisibleHand (The Invisible Hand 1.2.0rc3-tr16 by wuli1986)
Tremor (Tremor Mod 1.2 by Bogdan3456, Zadum4ivii, Slavdey, Wilson P., The Mystery Chest, Naikoraptor, Rostos16)

^ this one after loading mods

>>> Singleplayer: 00:41:10 <<<
System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
at Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
at InvisibleHand.IHPlayer.Save(BinBuffer bb)
at Player.DeepClone()
at <>c__DisplayClass2cb.<CreateMenus>b__a9()
at MenuPage.Draw(SpriteBatch SP)
at Menu.DrawMenu()
at Main.Draw(GameTime gameTime)

Mods used:
BaseMod (Grox The Great's BaseMod 1.0.5 by Grox The Great)
berberborscing (berberborscing's Mod 1.1.3c by berberborscing)
DungeonGen (DungeonGen 1.4.3 by Flanker)
GRealm (Grealm 1.0.5 by Grox The Great)
Necro (Necropolis Mod null by Zoodletec and Sapharan)
OmnirsNosPak (Omnirs Nostalgia Pack 1.0.4.3 by Omnir)
InvisibleHand (The Invisible Hand 1.2.0rc3-tr16 by wuli1986)
Tremor (Tremor Mod 1.2 by Bogdan3456, Zadum4ivii, Slavdey, Wilson P., The Mystery Chest, Naikoraptor, Rostos16)

^ and this one when i want to play my character :(

i haven't read all 235 pages of the thread but why was this discontinued?, and if was due to lack of time couldn't some1 else update it?

as i noticed that people say the others use different file types so any Tapi mods don't work with the ones still being updated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom