Console The Best Laid Plans: An Apology, a Promise, and the “Additions” Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just checking in to see if the same old excuses and denials are being made as they were months ago when these issues were "going to be fixed" at some imaginary future date. I'll check back in a while and I'm sure nothing will have changed. Thanks for living up to my lowered expectations yet again.

Just checking in to see if the same old excuses and denials are being made as they were months ago when these issues were "going to be fixed" at some imaginary future date. I'll check back in a while and I'm sure nothing will have changed. Thanks for living up to my lowered expectations yet again.

i was just wondering if youve read the last few posts?

Yeah I read them. Did the update release and fix the bugs finally and I missed it? Because the last few posts are all about what's going to happen in the indeterminate future; this is just like it has been since June when the Additions update broke the game and made me regret wasting money on four different versions in an effort to show support for a game I loved.

bugs happen dude. I hardly think the game is broken by any means. the only real annoyance to me is the random crashes on the Vita version. I play the Vita version the most out of all of em. I have PS4, PS3, Vita and PC.

Yeah it's not broken. It just crashes when saving manually. Crashes when auto-saving. Ends up corrupted after crashing so much. Cloud saves won't upload because of another bug mentioned in detail in the other forum. Can't transfer to PS4 because of the cloud save issue. When it finally works it ends up crashing right after a rare drop and makes me want to quit playing for another few weeks. All troubleshooting methods do nothing. I've installed and uninstalled numerous times. I've restored the system to factory numerous times. I've used three different memory cards. Nothing helps. After enough time passes or I build enough etc then it ends up failing and it never did that before the Additions update. Ever.

So yeah, if the goal is to have a player not want to play then it's definitely not broken.

you must be one lucky son of a demon eye. I only ever have the random crashes from the saves but most of the time I backup to PS4. It works for me so far. Other than that the bugs I've seen are minimal such as the Shadowbeam Staff firing too slowly, etc. I rarely use it anyway but I did report it to Engine.

I'm sorry. I'm not meaning to be a bastard. I'm just frustrated. But go read on the ps3 forum about the cloud save issue. Once the save gets to a certain level of size/complexity then it won't upload anymore. So I can move it back and forth between the systems for a while but it's only a matter of time before it won't anyone. And that's only if I'm able to make it that far in the first place :/

I've never had that issue since I'm more of a battler instead of a builder. I build what's necessary and boss hunt.

I'm sorry. I'm not meaning to be a bastard. I'm just frustrated. But go read on the ps3 forum about the cloud save issue. Once the save gets to a certain level of size/complexity then it won't upload anymore. So I can move it back and forth between the systems for a while but it's only a matter of time before it won't anyone. And that's only if I'm able to make it that far in the first place :/

I highly doubt there is any correlation between save file size/complexity and a failure to upload to the cloud. There has to be another reason why it doesn't work for some people.
My save has all character slots and every single world slot full -- each character has a loaded back-pack, piggy bank and safe and every one of my worlds is pretty complex, with my main world having more built in it than any other console world I've ever seen (sky, surface completely covered with large detailed builds, pixel art and builds in the underground and a hellish city spanning the entire underworld.)
I have friends who can't upload to the cloud, and while they do have worlds that are built up, I've never had a problem uploading to the cloud and my save is massive.
Again, there has to be another reason. Can you link me to the thread about this?

So I created a new world and new character just to see if maybe I'm just blowing this out of proportion or something. I beat EoC and forged Blood Butcherer and then collected about 17 stars. Then this.

Attachments

• IMG_20151201_222723.jpg
    IMG_20151201_222723.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 367
I do agree that it is frustrating to loose everything you have built. I mastered Xbox so I bought the PC version. Was getting ready to defeat the wall of flesh when someone came into my world with a bunch of class 4 rockets and destroyed everything. I was so disgusted I didn't play for weeks... but eventually I recovered. :)

I highly doubt there is any correlation between save file size/complexity and a failure to upload to the cloud. There has to be another reason why it doesn't work for some people.
My save has all character slots and every single world slot full -- each character has a loaded back-pack, piggy bank and safe and every one of my worlds is pretty complex, with my main world having more built in it than any other console world I've ever seen (sky, surface completely covered with large detailed builds, pixel art and builds in the underground and a hellish city spanning the entire underworld.)
I have friends who can't upload to the cloud, and while they do have worlds that are built up, I've never had a problem uploading to the cloud and my save is massive.
Again, there has to be another reason. Can you link me to the thread about this?

Here you go: http://forums.terraria.org/index.ph...the-cloud-and-make-accessories-visible.19496/
You can all continue the discussion there. :) This is what an Engine dev had to say about the error though.
Regarding that cloud error: there is indeed a problem with the latest patch and uploading worlds to the cloud. Due to the new features that were added in the latest update the save data size has increased and in some cases the amount of space available on the Sony servers isn't sufficient anymore. We are looking into possible solutions for this but right now there isn't any workaround that I can think of. Note that this will not occur for every world, it will depend on the size of your world and what kind of modifications and items you have in a world.

personally I think it may be a missing value among the current update considering that not all of the 1.2.3 content is in there. Perhaps it's a pothole in the programming that causes the game to figuratively get a flat tire and crash. One little missing piece could cause a lot of havoc.

I've had friends who had giant structures and heavily modified worlds and the game didn't crash.

Otherwise I'm just happy that the next update is almost here and hopefully there is no delays as my birthday is coming up on the 24th this month. I'm a Christmas baby!! :D

Regarding the cloud save, I used Content Manager to delete old Vita cloud save data and was able to upload from the Terraria launch screen. Then I deleted my character and worlds, made new unchanged ones and sent those to in-game cloud. Then I restored my original data from the Vita cloud and finally was able to send my character and worlds to the in-game cloud. Idk if that made sense buy maybe it'll help.

I got a little bit further by saving literally every 35-40 seconds until I forgot to for a few minutes!

Attachments

• IMG_20151203_005703.jpg
    IMG_20151203_005703.jpg
    859.9 KB · Views: 305
I saw that my Android version got a decent update and was excited to run home and check for Vita updates. I was disappoint :(

It has been 5 to 6 months now and no Amazon update, I am starting to think that ur little notice is just empty as trash because I don't see any other player posting positive notes and so there will be a decrease of players if u keep this up for about let's say 8-12 months or even more, there won't be any players who would know or wouldn't care about it... I will omit this statement if this issue is solved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom