No Wood Boxes: A Building Guide

Is this good?
JPIatkY.png

I suppose I like the general shape of my house, but it's kind boring when it comes to material. What are your suggestions and what do you think about it?
Capture 2016-01-13 14_19_31.png
EDIT: Just remembered, I'm solving the "huge floating thing in the sky" situation

I suppose I like the general shape of my house, but it's kind boring when it comes to material. What are your suggestions and what do you think about it?
EDIT: Just remembered, I'm solving the "huge floating thing in the sky" situation
I'd suggest having "wooden beams" in your walls every few blocks. Ebonwood wall painted brown would be the best way to do it imo.

Not bad for something simple, a great way to start off. I'd suggest walling in the "courtyard" in the lower center with glass walls to prevent spawning there. Also using different materials as you gather them to touch up rooms and make them look fancier such as using Planked Walls in some places or getting a different type of wood for support beams.

Compare it to other builds
There can be improvement I am just not sure how
I'd say put some paintings and banners here and there. There's also the option of putting mugs and stuff on the bar and bar tables along with using platforms as shelves for all sorts of things.

^^
Salon - And yes, I found a way to fake out salon mirrors....

Is that white painted item frame?
Nice job btw :)

nice guide. any idea on what to do for an underwater merman house? i'm sure it would involve coral...
For me, I'd be a little zany with this and start with a base of glass and gemspark, add in a dash of gold, platinum or even some pearlstone bricks for shininess. And yes, Coral and other sea-based placables would be nice.

Back
Top Bottom