tModLoader Miscellania

gardenapple

Steampunker
NOTE: this project is now maintained by @Pop000100! More info here: tModLoader - Miscellania

The mod will receive updates for future versions of tModLoader/Terraria, but there will be no new content.

Welcome to the Miscellania mod thread! It's a mod that adds a whole bunch of miscellaneous items that don't deserve their own mods. You can turn features on and off, so if you only want to have particular items in your playthrough, you can go to Mod Settings and choose whatever you want.

Anyway, there is quite a bit of content, so I've split it into multiple categories.

kdcROYP.png

Utility
  • XRtaoPb.png
    Universal Magnet - sold by Goblin Tinkerer in Hardmode at night. Increases item pickup range by 20 tiles.
  • iwt7gMm.png
    Magnetism Ring - Celestial Magnet + Universal Magnet + Gold Ring. Increases item, mana and coin pickup range.
  • D3VwFr6.png
    Item Vacuum- picks up nearby items and puts them in a chest below.
    • Sold by the Steampunker.
    • Can be set to "Smart Stack" mode via right-click. Smart Stack only puts items when they are already present in the chest (works the same as Quick Stack pretty much).
  • 8nOGAtj.png
    Autofisher- Mechanic's Rod + Iron/Lead Bars + Wire. It automatically fishes, how neat is that?
    • Requires Bait to be placed in adjacent chest. It consumes bait and operates exactly the same way as a player would (equipped with Mechanic's Rod and no accessories or potions).
    • It is not compatible with other fishing mods, unless they themselves provide mod integration.
  • QLNwOt1.png
    Rod of Warping- a post-Lunar upgrade for the Rod of Discord, requires Luminite and Lunar Fragments. Chaos State lasts for just 1 second and takes 1/20th of your HP instead of 1/7th.
    • The duration of Chaos State is configurable, you can set it to 0 if you want.
  • duYqvhD.png
    Wormhole Mirror - endless Wormhole Potion for multiplayer.
  • xirV4ie.png
    CsNwQvJ.png
    Wormhole Recall/Ice Mirror.
    • Note that their in-game sprites actually fade between the standard glass and the blue Recall glass every few seconds.
  • cOUjkxj.png
    Network Cell Phonewith Wormhole functionality.
    • Has two recipes:
      • Normal Cell Phone + Wormhole Mirror
      • PDA + Wormhole Recall/Ice Mirror
    • Jvqf0OS.png
      The regular Cell Phone has a new sprite; can be disabled in the config.
  • 8fuGSvf.png
    Reinforced Vest
    - sold by Demolitionist in Hardmode. Armor item that protects you from your own explosives (grenades, bombs, rockets, everything).
    • If you have Vanilla Tweaks installed, the Reinforced Vest will provide a ranged set bonus when worn with the SWAT Helmet.
  • oj2GMoG.png
    Reinforced Horseshoe - Reinforced Vest + Obsidian Horseshoe.
  • esbCH7A.png
    Emblem of Death - a consumable item that teleports you to your last death position. Reduces your maximum HP in half for a few minutes after use (debuff lasts longer in Expert Mode).
  • Rb6vjLC.png
    Orb of Ancient Light- Hardmode upgrade for the Shadow Orb.
    • Also a throwback to the pre-1.2 Orb of Light

kdcROYP.png

Combat
  • Aedexfs.png
    Ancient Muramasa - a rare drop from pre-Hardmode Dungeon monsters. Gives off light just like the pre-1.2 Muramasa, but the stats are the same as the current version. Based on my old suggestion.
  • HQtNj45.png
    Demon Crown - a rare drop from Demons in Hardmode. Boosts your magical abilities and summons a Red Crystal to protect you.
  • B27l5j6.png
    (normal) Ninja Gear - Tabi + Black Belt. Based on my old suggestion. If you want to, you can add Tiger Climbing Gear to this accessory to get Master Ninja Gear.
  • kifKA4B.png
    Spear of Justice - mech-tier magic weapon. Rapidly throws piercing magical spears which also spawn mini-spears upon hitting an enemy.
  • 1t8QpTr.png
    Spear of Undying Justice - Spear of Justice + Spectre Bars. Direct upgrade.
  • SvPogsu.png
    Skeletal Staff - mech-tier summoner weapon. Summons a
    Fh0ox7D.png
    Blaster sentry minion.
    • (Yes, I know there are a few mods that have this already and it's cliche. But I promised I'd add this.)
  • Ib0BqFI.png
    Heart Locket
    - Panic Necklace + Cross Necklace.
  • BMNztUq.png
    Inert Stone - sold by the Wizard after defeating any mechanical boss. Crafting material.
  • jztJPs4.png
    Life Stone and
    WxTqcUH.png
    Mana Stone - heal HP/MP. Turn into Inert Stones after a certain amount of uses.
  • Alternative Gem Staves. Now all 6 gems can be crafted into two different staves, depending on which metal ores you have in your world. Also, vanilla Gem Stave stats are slightly adjusted.

kdcROYP.png

Decorations & Vanity
  • eHEulH9.png
    bEBQQdR.png
    KvDIUNr.png
    4dXb8G7.png
    A bunch of Strange Dyes, including Relfective Hardmode ore dyes and some others.
  • wHnjvNo.png
    Ancient Forge and
    IdX9mbQ.png
    Ancient Hellforge - can be found either in Underground Cabins or in Hell Ruins. Work just like regular Furnaces/Hellforges. (suggested by @Uncle_Slime)
  • CfJhqut.png
    Red Fireplace and
    JjVqlCZ.png
    Red Chimney
    - suggested by someone on Discord. I may have forgotten your name, but your legacy will live on.
  • I84Qhd9.png
    Sandstone Slab Wall- Terraria has Stone Slab Walls but not Sandstone Slab Walls, not sure why.
    • If you have Vanilla Tweaks installed, it will be named the Sand Slab Wall.

kdcROYP.png

Other
  • zl1V6V0.png
    Baseball Bats - rare enemies which sometimes spawn instead of regular Bats.
    • rC0Ub83.png
      Baseball Bat - drop from Baseball Bats. Has insane knockback.
    • Bot0PGZ.png
      Baseball Cap - drop from Baseball Bats. Vanity.
  • szNPSaW.png
    God Stone - cheater item; restores 1000 HP and 500 MP without Potion Sickness. Unobtainable, obviously.

Configs & World-gen
Note: all the world-gen in this mod (currently just the Forges) can be added to already existing worlds using the /miscworldgen command!

All the content in this mod can be enabled or disabled by the user. You can access the mod's settings either through the Mods menu or in the pause menu.

Mod Integration
  • Fishing 2.0: Autofisher support
  • Helpful Hotkeys: the Wormhole Mirrors/Cell Phones can be used with the "Recall" keybind.
  • Vanilla Tweaks: wearing the Reinforced Vest along with the SWAT Helmet provides a great set bonus for ranged users.
Download
  • Steam Workshop: link
  • Mod Browser
  • GitHub (old versions): link
If you want to see the source code, you can find it on GitHub or extract the mod using tModLoader.

Support

If you want to support the mod, consider adding this little icon into your signature:
Code:
[URL='https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/miscellania.39500/'][IMG]https://raw.githubusercontent.com/goldenapple3/Miscellania/master/icon.png[/IMG][/URL]

Known issues:
  • The Autofisher does not summon Duke Fishron. Yes, I want that to be a thing, I just didn't get around to it yet.
  • The Autofisher is not compatible with other fishing mods, unless they provide support for it themselves.
  • Item Vacuum & Autofisher might have issues with Multiplayer (please tell me whether you've had any problems or not).

Credits:
  • @Zerokk for helping out with some sprites and maintaining the mod for a while.
  • Dierney for Chinese translation.
  • @Uncle_Slime for the Ancient Forges/Hellforges idea
  • @Pop000100 for helping with Mod Settings Configurator and a few other things
  • People with open-source mods which I've learned from (and copied a bit of code from)

Send me a PM if you're interested in translating the mod to other languages! So far it's available in English, Russian and Chinese.

This mod is licensed under the MIT License, which means that this mod is open-source. Therefore, if I stop updating this mod and you want to do it yourself, feel free to do so! You can release your version to the public, as long as you credit me as the original author.

Last edited:
Hmmm.. The Universal Magnet is good! But, I think the Muramasa a bit useless considering it is hard to get it and it is only a sprite change :(. I have a suggestion: combine Muramasa
Muramasa.png
+ Ancient Muramasa
WDCl3Pc.png
= View attachment 92954 Long Ancient Muramasa (that have a tiny more of size). Ok but why I think it? Because Ancient things is very hard to find, and you don't stay too much time in the dungeon. So, why I will look for Ancient muramasa, if in the chests have the normal? (I know to you the Ancient is more beatiful [to me too] but I really don't want to search something only because of appearence :p). If you do this, I will be very happy :)

And another thing: You can do this?:
None of the Ancient armor items from Terraria do that though. But I could increase the drop chance (right now it's 1 in 450, just like Ancient Necro Helmet). You're definitely right about not spending much time in the Dungeon.

Last edited:
Miscelleania v0.1.1 is now released!
  • Increased Ancient Muramasa drop chance from 1 in 450 to 1 in 250
  • Now both .cs and .png files should be visible with tModReader

v0.2 is out!
  • Added the new and fancy Magic Spear!
    kifKA4B.png
    Because modders are not officially cool until they make a reference to something.
  • Fixed a bug where the magnetic accessories work even in vanity slots.
I'd love to get some feedback about how balanced the Magic Spear is. It should hopefully be okay for a mech-tier weapon.
Fun fact: I drew the sprite and coded that weapon about 2 weeks ago, but I didn't release it because I couldn't decide a recipe/drop for it.

Last edited:
I like this lil' mod so far.
I'm trying to think of things that could fit into the miscellaneous category but I can't seem to find any.

Any reference to any awesome game makes a game/mod look cool :)
I dont say that any mod/game without references sucks (Super Mario Bros for example is great).
I, myself, wanted to make a mod revolving around France with like Le Baguette Sword or Le Croissant Boomerang, stuff like that..

I like this lil' mod so far.
Thank you!
I'm trying to think of things that could fit into the miscellaneous category but I can't seem to find any.
Well, I personally just put stuff into this mod whenever I get an idea that a) doesn't fit into any of my other mods b) is too small for a separate mod.
I dont say that any mod/game without references sucks (Super Mario Bros for example is great).
If you're talking about this:
Because modders are not officially cool until they make a reference to something.
then that was a joke.:)
I, myself, wanted to make a mod revolving around France with like Le Baguette Sword or Le Croissant Boomerang, stuff like that..
Well, good luck with that!

My thing wont be happening anytime soon since I only have the ideas and must learn the basics of coding things as well as make good-looking sprites. I don't want to depend on someone to do something which is why I want to do these things alone.

AND SINCE THIS IS NOT MY MOD RIGHT HERE, I shouldn't be talking too much about it and let the others tell their opinions about the Mod.

I noticed that this mod is not udpated for TmodLoader 0.7.1.1 which is a bummer

Also it says you're using an old Accessory hook for the Magnetism Ring :
Code:
Item MagnetismRing uses an old UpdateAccessory hook
   à Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.AddItem(String name, ModItem item, String texture)
   à Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.AutoloadItem(Type type)
   à Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.Autoload()
   à Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)

I noticed that this mod is not udpated for TmodLoader 0.7.1.1 which is a bummer

Also it says you're using an old Accessory hook for the Magnetism Ring :
Code:
Item MagnetismRing uses an old UpdateAccessory hook
   à Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.AddItem(String name, ModItem item, String texture)
   à Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.AutoloadItem(Type type)
   à Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.Autoload()
   à Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)
Oh. I didn't even know tML got updated. I'll update soon! (it looks like a super easy fix)

Released two little updates!
v0.2.1:
  • Renamed the mod from Miscellaenia to Miscellania (because apparently that's not how you spell "miscellaneous"-_-).
  • Updated for tModLoader v0.7.1.1
v0.2.2:
  • A lot of Magic Spear tweaks:
    • Reduced mana usage and increased throwing velocity.
    • The sound of the weapon is more "magical" and the dust is now "fancier".
    • Mini Spears now do much less damage, and it now depends on the prefix of the weapon/armor bonuses (before it was always 25 damage no matter what).
    • Mini Spears now have Bullet AI instead of Friendly Javelin AI.
  • Moved DropItems.cs and ShopItems.cs into one class, which should slightly decrease lag.

Last edited:
A cool thing I think you could add would be a boss or two, one I had in mind would be a creeper mother, it would spawn after you kill so many creepers

Millicnia how do you code? Can you help meh
[doublepost=1457915766,1457915733][/doublepost]I mean golden apple can you help me learn how to code

Back
Top Bottom