Tool TerraCustom for 1.3

The pyramid option greatly increases the chance of pyramid, so basically, yeah.

No, false positive. The code is 99% original Terraria, and all I add is some menus and if statements.

You can see the code here as well, but I assure you I've done nothing nefarious in the code. https://github.com/JavidPack/TerraCustom

Also, big news, PinkPlum, the creator of the original TerraCustom has messaged me and given their approval of this iteration and suggested I get rid of the unofficial designation and just go by TerraCustom, as in official, not unofficial. I'll do that.

Also, if anyone is interested in helping out, I have spent a bit of time reorganizing and cleaning up code, and it is now on Github, so if there is a feature you'd like right away and you feel programming-savvy, feel free to contribute code. I'll be happy to walk you through the specifics and help you get familiar with what code to add (Most things require only a few well-placed lines of code). The more help the better this tool can be!

All the TerraCustom code is here: https://github.com/JavidPack/TerraCustom
k Thanks!
But There's still a problem...
My Antivirus blocks it...
f***ing China Antivirus... *sigh*
I'll fix it :)

if you have a means to prevent the hallow from genning, mind tossing that in?

mainly asking as altars have a chance to spawn hallow or corruption/crimson

Not sure, I don't think I have very many things coded up and ready for release right now. Is there a feature in particular you want? Some motivation would help.
  • A way to be more precise on the sliders
  • Dungeon Position (it is far off to one side. An option to bring it closer.)
  • Larger Oceans
  • Custom World Sizes
I'd say that the next version will be 0.8, but after that, I'd say 1.0

Not sure, I don't think I have very many things coded up and ready for release right now. Is there a feature in particular you want? Some motivation would help.

- Gem deposit control; as in natural minable gems. Not the gem caves.
- Corruption/Crimson biome amounts (slider value to control if only one, two, etc spawns)

You have a lot of stuff I would suggest on the main post already. :b

Here is an idea:
tModLoader recently added support for World Gen. Making TerraCustom able to generate modded worlds would be really cool and useful.

If its any motivation, I check this thread almost on a daily basis :p I'm sure others do too. Favorite edition to Terraria by far, thanks for the awesome work!
Personally, I'm looking forward to the extra large worlds

Would be awesome if with the help of some of the other mod makers and the new update that added worldgen to TmodLoader, it could be possible to have this updated to work with mod items and stuff. That would be great since this doesn't work with modded terraria.

If I haven't said so before, then I will say now: This is my favorite tool and it has added many hours to my playing of Terraria. So awesome is this tool that I am currently in the process of moving my main world base from an original pre red-hiatus world to a custom world created by this tool. Keep up the great work.

if you have a means to prevent the hallow from genning, mind tossing that in?

mainly asking as altars have a chance to spawn hallow or corruption/crimson
You can generate a world that is hardmode but without the stripes, but in-game, no, that is up to Terraria.exe.
  • A way to be more precise on the sliders
  • Dungeon Position (it is far off to one side. An option to bring it closer.)
  • Larger Oceans
  • Custom World Sizes
I'd say that the next version will be 0.8, but after that, I'd say 1.0
1. I'm working on it.
2. This may be hard with how biomes are laid out.
3. Taller? or wider?
4. This works, kinda. I think I'll have to release a tModLoader mod that enables larger worlds.
5. I think I'll keep my numbering scheme for now.
- Gem deposit control; as in natural minable gems. Not the gem caves.
- Corruption/Crimson biome amounts (slider value to control if only one, two, etc spawns)

You have a lot of stuff I would suggest on the main post already. :b
1. Should be easy.
2. This is a popular request, I'll get around to looking at that code.
Here is an idea:
tModLoader recently added support for World Gen. Making TerraCustom able to generate modded worlds would be really cool and useful.
Would be awesome if with the help of some of the other mod makers and the new update that added worldgen to TmodLoader, it could be possible to have this updated to work with mod items and stuff. That would be great since this doesn't work with modded terraria.
There are 2 options:
1. TerraCustom.exe loads in the mods and does it that way.
2. I have TerraCustom output a config file, I make a mod for tModLoader that reads in the config.
Either would work, I'm just not sure what I want to do yet.
If its any motivation, I check this thread almost on a daily basis :p I'm sure others do too. Favorite edition to Terraria by far, thanks for the awesome work!
Personally, I'm looking forward to the extra large worlds
Thanks, that is great to hear.
If I haven't said so before, then I will say now: This is my favorite tool and it has added many hours to my playing of Terraria. So awesome is this tool that I am currently in the process of moving my main world base from an original pre red-hiatus world to a custom world created by this tool. Keep up the great work.
Thank you as well.

v0.1.8 Progress:
I've added separate sliders for each type of trap (explosive, boulder, dart) in case anyone actually wanted that:
CXlIHGS.png

Way too many non-gemcave Gems
yeYrvxc.png

Last edited:
right, i suppose more clarification is in order: i'm well aware that once in world it's up to terraria.exe, but considering that i'm more concerned about the random 1% hallow in one of the worlds i genned with your tool that has 'no hallow' or corruption/crimson but has hardmode ores, well, there's got to be a way to control if it simulates the altar smash effects...

that in of itself might be fun to mess with.

examples: amount of ore spawned in simulated smashing, chance for hallow/corruption/crimson to spawn, amount of hallow/crimson/corruption to spawn, etc.

PS: i shared this with a friend and he had a bit of fun meddling with the variables... makes that xenoblade x wavebank feel right at home with some of the terrain gen this tool offers. this really should be something every terrarian tries at one point.

Last edited:
right, i suppose more clarification is in order: i'm well aware that once in world it's up to terraria.exe, but considering that i'm more concerned about the random 1% hallow in one of the worlds i genned with your tool that has 'no hallow' or corruption/crimson but has hardmode ores, well, there's got to be a way to control if it simulates the altar smash effects...

that in of itself might be fun to mess with.

examples: amount of ore spawned in simulated smashing, chance for hallow/corruption/crimson to spawn, amount of hallow/crimson/corruption to spawn, etc.

PS: i shared this with a friend and he had a bit of fun meddling with the variables... makes that xenoblade x wavebank feel right at home with some of the terrain gen this tool offers. this really should be something every terrarian tries at one point.
Oh, so if I'm reading this right, you want the pre smash altars option to have an option not to generate hallow/crimson/corruption blocks, right?

Oh, so if I'm reading this right, you want the pre smash altars option to have an option not to generate hallow/crimson/corruption blocks, right?

yes, though while you're at it, see what else one could tinker with in it. i mean, might as well considering it could be equally amusing to crank up a few values on the pre smashed altars just to see what happens. i mean, the way the default hardmode biomes generate is boring: this could also lead to more interesting map gen. so not so much as an on off button, but see if you can meddle with some of the altar smash code in the pre-smash altars.

it could be hella fun.

Back
Top Bottom