Khaios' Build Spectacle

What "class" do you prefer to play in Terraria?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did say that I wouldn't have anything to post for a week, but I was mistaken! I'm still going to be spending most of the upcoming week working on the Pyramid, but I still have a couple of other builds to complete for STW before the update can release, so I'll likely be posting them throughout the week.

This is one of them. ^.^ There is a night screenshot in the OP for this thread (the sun glows at night). There will be a couple of custom sprites in this build (an altar and a lectern). I just forgot to photoshop them into the screenshot. When Super Terraria World updates next, you'll be able to see the items added then.
Somehow that black thing reminds me of Yu Yevon (FFX)
Great work again.

I did say that I wouldn't have anything to post for a week, but I was mistaken! I'm still going to be spending most of the upcoming week working on the Pyramid, but I still have a couple of other builds to complete for STW before the update can release, so I'll likely be posting them throughout the week.

This is one of them. ^.^ There is a night screenshot in the OP for this thread (the sun glows at night). There will be a couple of custom sprites in this build (an altar and a lectern). I just forgot to photoshop them into the screenshot. When Super Terraria World updates next, you'll be able to see the items added then.
Isn't that the eye of Horus (ra is a different God which is unrelated to that symbol)
Edit: btw this is from my memory so I'm probably wrong

Isn't that the eye of Horus (ra is a different God which is unrelated to that symbol)
Edit: btw this is from my memory so I'm probably wrong
Well, it's really "the eyes of Horus," more so than "the eye of Horus," and they both go by many names. The right eye of Horus is also known as the eye of Ra, as the symbol shared many similar traits with Ra's sun symbol, as Horus' left eye was often represented Thoth. In later Egyptian mythology, Horus and Ra merged into the god Ra-Horakhty. As Ra was the god of the sun, and Horus was the god of the sky, it really made sense. So, really, they're not as "unrelated" as you thought ;)

-.- I really dislike having to defend the choices behind my builds. It makes me sound pompous and elitist

Well, it's really "the eyes of Horus," more so than "the eye of Horus," and they both go by many names. The right eye of Horus is also known as the eye of Ra, as the symbol shared many similar traits with Ra's sun symbol, as Horus' left eye was often represented Thoth. In later Egyptian mythology, Horus and Ra merged into the god Ra-Horakhty. As Ra was the god of the sun, and Horus was the god of the sky, it really made sense. So, really, they're not as "unrelated" as you thought ;)

-.- I really dislike having to defend the choices behind my builds. It makes me sound pompous and elitist
Ok I thought I was gonna be wrong anyways :p

Happy Sunday Terrarians! ^.^ (please don't hurt me)
I'm back from my trip! The morning before I left, I felt inspired to work on the next NPC Showcase build, as my wife was finishing up getting ready.
Surprisingly, I finished it in just under an hour, and very well may be my fastest build of all time. Woo!
I didn't have time to upload it, however, before we had to leave, so here it is now! Enjoy the Steampunker's house!
Nighttime screenshots in the OP ;)

Steampunker Day.png

Pretty impressive work as usual, but i just have a little suggesion, that would be changin the living wooden blocks that form the balloon into pink slime ones, just to give the "bouncy" effect. :p
I like the originality of it! Not sure that it'd look as good, but really fun idea :p

Hello Terrarians! Sorry for being so quiet lately. I've been hard at work getting builds done for Super Terraria World. The pyramid dungeon is finally done, and I'm quite happy with how it turned out. Sorry, but I won't be posting any screenshots of it, as I don't want to spoil any areas of the dungeon for those of you who are interested in playing it. Currently, the pyramid is being tested, and an additional quest is being coded. It shouldn't be too long until STW gets this new (and rather large) update. I'd say you could expect to see it in the next week or so, though @Flippi would know best.

Another build that is going to be included in the upcoming update to STW, is this one, which I'm happy to share. It's a dead section of the Great Forest in Sivania. Don't worry, the entire forest isn't dead, I just haven't got around to building the living areas yet ^.^ If you care to find out why this area is dead, keep your eyes peeled for the next update! ;)

xuifKoE.jpg

Hello Terrarians! Sorry for being so quiet lately. I've been hard at work getting builds done for Super Terraria World. The pyramid dungeon is finally done, and I'm quite happy with how it turned out. Sorry, but I won't be posting any screenshots of it, as I don't want to spoil any areas of the dungeon for those of you who are interested in playing it. Currently, the pyramid is being tested, and an additional quest is being coded. It shouldn't be too long until STW gets this new (and rather large) update. I'd say you could expect to see it in the next week or so, though @Flippi would know best.

Another build that is going to be included in the upcoming update to STW, is this one, which I'm happy to share. It's a dead section of the Great Forest in Sivania. Don't worry, the entire forest isn't dead, I just haven't got around to building the living areas yet ^.^ If you care to find out why this area is dead, keep your eyes peeled for the next update! ;)

xuifKoE.jpg
I can personally assure all of you that you will not be dissapointed with Khaio's pyramid dungeon for Super Terraria World. He not only did a great job designing the layout of the pyramid, but also did a fantastic job creating the atmosphere within it. I'm aiming for a release this Friday, but realistically it's looking like it will get pushed to next week. This release will definitely be worth the wait and a lot of that is because of the hard work that @Khaios puts into building and the custom furniture (and other) sprites by @Jestex.

And of course, I love the Dead Great Forest Khaios!

I got a quite a few people on steam, reddit, and TCF asking if I could give them an idea of what the Pyramid looks like on the inside, so I've decided to share the entrance with you all. I won't spoil any of the puzzles, traps, or layout of the dungeon, but the entrance will give you a pretty good idea of what you can expect from the pyramid ^.^

All of the custom sprites you see here are thanks to @Jestex and @Flippi
Pyramid Dungeon 1.jpg

This is a great teaser to a great dungeon! I had a lot of fun coding this dungeon and revamping the Temple of Ra quest that goes along with it. @Khiaos has done a fantastic job building puzzles in this dungeon with style and we have a lot of cool and unique features that you won't find in any other mod or adventure map.

I'm looking forward to sharing another cool teaser of that sarcophagus (hint) sometime next week!

All these builds are overwhelming great! Are you using an Editor or making them from scratches looking for all by yourself? :D

I have some questions for you:

1. Are those structures you're building are purely decorative, I mean, too many blocked path to explore them fully?
  2. Do you have any clue on how to make a post-apocalyptic scenary similar to Borderlands by any chance? I mean, junkyards, old tires, ruined structures, all of that in a arid landscape like Ash or Silt painted in yellow or white.

All these builds are overwhelming great! Are you using an Editor or making them from scratches looking for all by yourself? :D

I have some questions for you:

1. Are those structures you're building are purely decorative, I mean, too many blocked path to explore them fully?
  2. Do you have any clue on how to make a post-apocalyptic scenary similar to Borderlands by any chance? I mean, junkyards, old tires, ruined structures, all of that in a arid landscape like Ash or Silt painted in yellow or white.
Thank you ^.^

Originally, all of my builds were done in game from scratch, but I have since started using TEdit and inventory editors. I inventory edit nearly all of my building materials now, just to save time. For the most part, I still prefer to build solely in game, but I will use TEdit to create a flat building area, to undo a large mistake, to copy or move a build, or to save time if I'm working on a large project. That said, most of what you will see from me is done in game.

To answer your other questions:
1) That depends on the builds. A few of them are purely decorative, but I would say most of them are completely playable. On my old build thread, I think only about four or five were just for looks. On this build thread, everything labeled "STW" is completely playable, but my NPC showcases are kind of split. They all work as valid houses (except for NPCs such as the skeleton and traveling merchants), but they aren't meant to be played, so they're just for decoration.

2) I haven't really tried to make a post apocalyptic build before, so I'm not 100% sure, but to get the tan-ish color dirt, you might try painting silt with brown (again, haven't ever tried this paint combo, so I can't say it'll look good or not). Metal blocks, such as lead fence, copper plating, tin plating, etc look rusted if you paint them brown and actuate them, so I'm sure they can add to worn-junk feel. Brown painted crisp honey block makes for a decent looking rock for a cliff or hill. If you want dirt blocks that don't have any plants or grass growing on them, use clay painted brown instead. I'm not sure what else to add. Maybe I'll try a post apocalyptic build someday, and can give some better advice then, but for now, this is the best guess I can make ;)

Happy building ^.^

--Edit--
Brown silt doesn't give the tan I was hoping it would, however, brown painted hardened sand, sandstone, and flesh block (oddly enough) does.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom