Map-Adventure The Legend of Zelda - A Link to Terraria

yeah, the Item balance was what bothers me the most during my playthrough. Been completely hallowed tier when dealing with the WoF, okay, it makes a bit sense since you did effort to find the stuff, but all that for even stronger items in a nearby chest directly when fighting golem? it felt weird...

yeah, the Item balance was what bothers me the most during my playthrough. Been completely hallowed tier when dealing with the WoF, okay, it makes a bit sense since you did effort to find the stuff, but all that for even stronger items in a nearby chest directly when fighting golem? it felt weird...
Unfortunately I haven't found a better way yet, Golem is tough, even in hallowed gear, especially solo. If you have a better set of gear you'd like to see, I'm all ears. Item balance is going through another round of squishing today because I played through it again last night and noticed that magic weapons were all gated at the same item, double jump, going from topaz staff, to emerald staff, to ice rod, to flamelash, all after getting the balloon and getting double jump. So I definitely need to fix that.

Updates
3.0 - 09/13/15 - A Link To Terraria 3.0 has been released! Version 3.0 brings updates to a lot of dungeons, and smooths out the item rewards for a bit more challenge, plus the following:
  • Every dungeon has been reworked to some degree. From the Earth Temple's complete overhaul to the opening dungeons new mechanics.
  • All mazes have been completely changed in all dungeons. Plus, new maze puzzles included!
  • New mini-dungeon post Eater of Worlds.
  • Exciting new escape area, no longer will you be relying on Gravity Potions!
  • Fixed King Slime not properly spawning in his designated area!
  • Even more complex wiring mechanics!

Updates
3.0 - 09/13/15 - A Link To Terraria 3.0 has been released! Version 3.0 brings updates to a lot of dungeons, and smooths out the item rewards for a bit more challenge, plus the following:
  • Every dungeon has been reworked to some degree. From the Earth Temple's complete overhaul to the opening dungeons new mechanics.
  • All mazes have been completely changed in all dungeons. Plus, new maze puzzles included!
  • New mini-dungeon post Eater of Worlds.
  • Exciting new escape area, no longer will you be relying on Gravity Potions!
  • Fixed King Slime not properly spawning in his designated area!
  • Even more complex wiring mechanics!
Sounds exiting :)
I want to try this version out whenever I can

So far I'm liking it. Just a couple problems...

!. The Earth Temple has too many skeletons;
2. For some reason, the Dual Hook acts like a regular grappling hook. That might not be the map, but it's something I think you should know

Last edited:
So far I'm liking it. Just a couple problems...

!. The Earth Temple has too many skeletons;
2. For some reason, the Dual Hook acts like a regular grappling hook. That might not be the map, but it's something I think you should know
Thanks! I'll take the skeleton bit into consideration, but without them, it just seemed way too easy.
I do realize the Dual Hook being kind of the same, but there are some subtle differences. One, the Dual Hook stays hooked when you are already hooked, that's the "Dual Hook" part, having two arms that you can even throw out at once, and the Grappling Hook drops you when you send it out after already being hooked, since it only has one arm. Two, the Dual Hook has a much further reach than the Grappling Hook. And three, the Dual Hook sends it's hook much faster than the Grappling Hook. If you are not noticing any difference, make sure you have the right hook "equiped" as there is now an equipment slot for hooks, and your Grappling Hook may still be in it with your Dual Hook in your inventory, which would make it seem like there's no difference.

You will get the Ivy Whip much later in the game if those are the types of hooks you like more. ;)

Thanks for the feedback though! Always appreciate it! :D

Thanks! I'll take the skeleton bit into consideration, but without them, it just seemed way too easy.
I do realize the Dual Hook being kind of the same, but there are some subtle differences. One, the Dual Hook stays hooked when you are already hooked, that's the "Dual Hook" part, having two arms that you can even throw out at once, and the Grappling Hook drops you when you send it out after already being hooked, since it only has one arm. Two, the Dual Hook has a much further reach than the Grappling Hook. And three, the Dual Hook sends it's hook much faster than the Grappling Hook. If you are not noticing any difference, make sure you have the right hook "equiped" as there is now an equipment slot for hooks, and your Grappling Hook may still be in it with your Dual Hook in your inventory, which would make it seem like there's no difference.

You will get the Ivy Whip much later in the game if those are the types of hooks you like more. ;)

Thanks for the feedback though! Always appreciate it! :D
I know how a Dual Hook is supposed to do that, but it isn't firing the second hook when I was using it in your map. And I do have in in the grappling hook slot. It's acting like a regular hook even when I don't even have the previous one in my inventory

I know how a Dual Hook is supposed to do that, but it isn't firing the second hook when I was using it in your map. And I do have in in the grappling hook slot. It's acting like a regular hook even when I don't even have the previous one in my inventory
Thanks for the extra info. I'll investigate but in my testing I never had any issues like that and none of the beta testers reported anything like that either.

Thanks though! I'll see what I can dig up.

http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?profile-posts/182273/

I think we've found the perfect replacement for the 7 souls of might :D
I TOTALLY SAW THAT ON TWITTER YESTERDAY!!! I AM SO EXCITED!

I'm totally going to rewrite the story to make it the 7 jewels instead of souls. I'll probably color code the dungeons to match the jewel color too. :)
Then I'm gonna make a whole new adventure map using these jewels. I've actually got a map that's a remake of my "Escape" adventure that isn't well known that I'll probably rework some more. :D

Very nicely designed map. :) The only boss I had issues with was quite surprisingly the EoC. I usually just skip fighting until it decides to spawn itself, which is almost always after I've taken out the BoC/EoW.

Very fun, and glad to see somebody that uses the biome chests that knows how to use them where they can actually be opened. Also was very nice to see a map where you're given a hookshot and you built around it, making it so things couldn't just be cheesed... such as just going across ceilings to get past traps.

Last edited:
as soon as i go to the temple after defeating the wall of flesh, there is a MASSIVE framerate drop that makes it completely impossible to get through. i tried lowering the graphics settings but it did nothing. also it doesn't go away even when i leave.

as soon as i go to the temple after defeating the wall of flesh, there is a MASSIVE framerate drop that makes it completely impossible to get through. i tried lowering the graphics settings but it did nothing. also it doesn't go away even when i leave.
Thanks for the report! That's one I haven't seen before and I might have to figure something out then to fix that. I suspect it has something to do with the world change after you defeat the Wall of Flesh, as my adventure map doesn't like to save after the Wall of Flesh either. It's like it can't make the giant X of corruption and hallow so it bugs out. Thanks for reporting this though!

Another non-adventure map was having this issue. Due to (I believe) the game trying, and failing, to find enough blocks to convert to corruption/crimson and hallow. Your map seems to have plenty of stuff to convert as long as one of the lines doesn't decide to hit right on the jungle area.

Another non-adventure map was having this issue. Due to (I believe) the game trying, and failing, to find enough blocks to convert to corruption/crimson and hallow. Your map seems to have plenty of stuff to convert as long as one of the lines doesn't decide to hit right on the jungle area.
Thanks for the information! That's what I thought to, but if you kill the Wall of Flesh in my map and try and exit the game it'll freeze and it basically reverts the world back to the previous save it has before the WoF was killed. I've tried adding more stone/corruption but I still can't get it to function correctly.

May I ask, did the other map you are talking about get it fixed?

Wow, this map, just, amazing, love it so much!

Though 1 thing to note, I'm not sure how well known of a bug this is, but if you are at full speed with hermes boots and you hit a wall where there isn't a block under you on the side that you hit the wall, you will glitch and fall through the block under you, using that glitch (And the ice rod) I was able to trap myself in the underground passage that takes you to the entrance of the fire temple, luckily I kept my pickaxe (I keep it because of reasons like this) so I mined my way out, I suppose that you could just use a magic mirror to get out, but still.

And a request, Expert mode version?

Unfortunately I haven't found a better way yet, Golem is tough, even in hallowed gear, especially solo.
I'm not sure if you changed it after this post, but having a paladin's hammer made him pathetic for me playing solo.

Last edited:
Wow, this map, just, amazing, love it so much!

Though 1 thing to note, I'm not sure how well known of a bug this is, but if you are at full speed with hermes boots and you hit a wall where there isn't a block under you on the side that you hit the wall, you will glitch and fall through the block under you, using that glitch (And the ice rod) I was able to trap myself in the underground passage that takes you to the entrance of the fire temple, luckily I kept my pickaxe (I keep it because of reasons like this) so I mined my way out, I suppose that you could just use a magic mirror to get out, but still.

And a request, Expert mode version?

I'm not sure if you changed it after this post, but having a paladin's hammer made him pathetic for me playing solo.
Thanks for the kind words! :)

I'm not understanding your glitch though, but it really doesn't matter. I've said it before and I'll say it again, it's impossible to make an adventure map glitch/cheat proof. If you accidentally glitch to somewhere you shouldn't be, that's what the Magic Mirror is for, and if someone wants to break the rules they will. ;)

I can see about adding an Expert mode version, but people already find it hard enough. Balancing adventure maps is extremely hard just for the fact that the player base has an extremely wide range of gaming abilities.

Finally, like I said above, even with the Paladin's hammer, the Golem can be near impossible for some folks, so again, it's just a matter of balance.

Thanks again for your kind words and suggestions. Once 1.3.1 is out, I will be updating the map with some improvements and if I can better understand your glitch with the Hermes Boots, I may be able to patch it then. (screenshots work well for explaining these things)

Cheers!

Thanks for the kind words! :)

I'm not understanding your glitch though, but it really doesn't matter. I've said it before and I'll say it again, it's impossible to make an adventure map glitch/cheat proof. If you accidentally glitch to somewhere you shouldn't be, that's what the Magic Mirror is for, and if someone wants to break the rules they will. ;)

I'm not surprised that you didn't understand the glitch, hopefully screenshots help.

So you put a wall here
Capture 2016-02-26 14_30_30.png

And then you run into the wall making sure you get to max speed with your hermes boots, and you fall through the block under you like this.
Capture 2016-02-26 14_30_37.png
(I know I cut off my character shut up)
I can see about adding an Expert mode version, but people already find it hard enough. Balancing adventure maps is extremely hard just for the fact that the player base has an extremely wide range of gaming abilities.
Most do yes, but some want a harder version, it's not like you're changing the map to expert mode, just balance it for normal mode and let expert mode be insanely hard for those that dare to attempt it. It doesn't take all that much work to open a map editor and change the map to exper- oh wait, I could do that myself :p.

Back
Top Bottom