tAPI Shockah's tweak mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shockah

Grandson of The Wizard
LPPbXaF.png

Introduction

Hi, welcome to my tAPI mods thread! I'm Shockah, a 20 years old (at the moment of writing this post) coder (mostly doing Java, but good at C#, GML too; also doing some PHP, HTML + CSS + JS, C(++), Lua stuff). I started coding when I was 8. It quickly became my hobby, my passion. Now it's also my job and what I'm studying at college!
tAPI is an unofficial modding platform for Terraria, developed by many great coders. I'm also one of its devs.
All my mods require tAPI - you can find it here: http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/tapi-a-mod-to-make-mods.3203/
You probably won't find many content mods here, but you'll definitely find many mods tweaking Terraria to your liking!
(I'm not saying I'll never make any content mods though... we'll see)

kdcROYP.png

Disclaimer

You can do anything you want with these mods, other than:
  • take credit for my mods released under your name
  • use the mod in any publicly released modpack - please link to the mod instead. If you insist, contact me first, be it by PM or IRC.
You can use any part of the source code of these mods for your own stuff - after all I myself learned how to mod with tConfig by checking other mods' source code!

kdcROYP.png

Credits

kdcROYP.png

About mod downloads

The policy of these forums is to never use a link shortener without a direct link. I don't really like this rule, but I guess I have to obey it.
All the mod download links will be goo.gl shortened links. I'm only using a link shortener to collect download statistics. So, it doesn't hurt you in any way to use these, and only helps me to figure out the popularity of my mods.
If you really insist on using a direct link (for whatever reason, I'm not gonna judge you), you can find these in a spoiler at the bottom of this post.

kdcROYP.png

QQfasbF.png
Shockah.Base r3 - tAPI 1.2.4.1 r12

Shockah.Base is basically a library most (if not all) of my mods use. Feel free to make use of it in your mods, too! There is so much stuff in this library, that there is no point in listing the features.

Downloads
kdcROYP.png

RcbL0As.png
Accessory Slots+ r1 - tAPI 1.2.4.1 r12

Requires: Shockah.Base

The tConfig mod everyone loved is back! This mod allows you to increase (or decrease) the total amount of accessory slots you can use, starting with 0 (ouch) ending at 15 (I can finally hold all these accessories!). Each accessory slot gets its own social and dye slot, too.
One other new thing the mod has compared to the tConfig version is a progression setting - enabling it makes some NPCs sell "Accessory Extensions", increasing your total slot count by 1. Each extension is unique though - you can't use the same extension twice!
The NPCs selling the extensions are in order: Merchant, Dryad, Goblin Tinkerer, Witch Doctor, Mechanic, Wizard, Steampunker, Cyborg.
khGrHWE.png

sDCe0ya.png

0fAM4Tk.png

phwRWjP.png

Downloads
kdcROYP.png

MtH7fNi.png
Enhanced Tooltip r2 - tAPI 1.2.4.1 r12

Ever hated how Terraria displays a floating text when hovering over stuff, without any background? Or disliked the format it uses for item stats? This mod allows you to fully configure ALL TOOLTIPS THROUGH-OUT THE GAME.
2DQ2U5H.png
e5YaN6o.png

Downloads
kdcROYP.png

nHVWR8b.png
Fancy Cheat Menu - Base r2 - tAPI 1.2.4.1 r12

A revolutionary cheat menu all players and modders love!
Doesn't do anything by itself - this mod only provides a basic frame for all modules to put buttons into. You want to get at least Fancy Cheat Menu - Standard along with it.

Downloads
kdcROYP.png

nHVWR8b.png
Fancy Cheat Menu - Standard r2 - tAPI 1.2.4.1 r12

Requires: Shockah.Base | Fancy Cheat Menu - Base

Standard set of Fancy Cheat Menu modules:
  • Left click a filter to whitelist only items included in that filter, right click to blacklist them instead. Holding Ctrl while doing so allows you to specify several filters at once.
    Selecting the same sorting method for the second time reverses sorting.
    You can start searching by name either by clicking on the search button/bar or by pressing Enter.
    Shift-left-clicking an item puts a full stack of that item into your inventory.
    Holding Ctrl while hovering over an item displays its ID and netID in the tooltip.
    3NX01s3.png
  • Left click a filter to whitelist only items included in that filter, right click to blacklist them instead. Holding Ctrl while doing so allows you to specify several filters at once.
    You can start searching by name either by clicking on the search button/bar or by pressing Enter.
    Holding Ctrl while hovering over an NPC displays its ID and netID in the tooltip.
    Clicking an NPC hides whole interface, displaying only a spawn circle. Click to spawn one NPC; press, drag and release to spawn multiple NPCs. Right click or press Escape to cancel spawning.
    Yctwlv9.png
  • Selecting the same sorting method for the second time reverses sorting.
    7WIJ92Q.png
    Left click to add a buff, right click to remove it.
    ac5VAvb.png
  • Allows you to:
    • set current time
      • force the time to never hit either night or day
    • set time rate (the speed at which the time proceeds)
      • stop time flow entirely
    • force (no) Christmas/Halloween
    • change current moon phase (some NPCs sell different items depending on the phase)
    • toggle hardmode, Blood Moon, Solar Eclipse
    • set current/max life
    • set current/max mana
    • toggle: godmode, noclip, no ammo/mana usage
    • toggle: infinite building/mining range, super-fast building/mining, no material usage when building
    • toggle: free camera mode (detached from the player), full bright mode, 100% discount (super-buffed Discount Card)
    • disable NPC spawning
    RmIzCcL.png

(outdated screenshot)

Downloads
kdcROYP.png

5QhrisH.png
Insight r2 - tAPI 1.2.4.1 r12

Are you annoyed at not being able to remember where did you put some kind of item? Are named chests not enough?
Or do you feel like cheating a little and looking into the chest without opening or even unlocking it (in case of dungeon / shadow chests) first?
With this mod on, hovering over a chest displays little icons for each item inside. You can also configure the mod to display counts of items inside.
Th04WBL.png

Downloads
kdcROYP.png

XBmmhU7.png
Inventory Tweaks r2 - tAPI 1.2.4.1 r12

This mod does 2 things, both can be disabled separetely:
  • allows you to Shift-click items to move them from/to chests easily
  • colors the border of item slots basing on item rarity; also features a special background for "broken" items (negative rarity, like fishing junk and tools with negative prefixes) and another special background for quest items
TwrgnOn.png

5A6o5ea.png

Downloads
kdcROYP.png

jWh5bd5.png
Item Suffixes r3 - tAPI 1.2.4.1 r12

Armor and accessories can now have suffixes, which give bonuses separate to the vanilla prefixes (and different ones, too). Suffixes can't be reforged, the items will always stay with the same suffix. Suffixes are completely random, although a ranged item will never get melee bonuses, etc.
The bonuses are pretty big, especially when stacked. Any opinions on the balance are welcome.
Spreadsheet of all suffixes available and their bonuses.

Downloads
kdcROYP.png

nHVWR8b.png
Bridge: Item Suffixes <---> Fancy Cheat Menu - Base r2 - tAPI 1.2.4.1 r12

Requires: Shockah.Base | Item Suffixes | Fancy Cheat Menu - Base

Adds an additional module for the Fancy Cheat Menu allowing you to set item suffixes from the item Suffixes mod.
BUYXfTF.png

Downloads
kdcROYP.png

Direct links

Please consider using the shortened download links. Look here for the reason why.

Last edited:
Didn't want to put this in the main post, but:
I forgot to change the version numbers in ModInfo.json files D:
Can't do it while at work, it'll have to wait until I get back home. It's nothing major though.

Also, I didn't have time to test Accessory Slots+ in multiplayer. Use at your own risk!

I'm glad to see these back. I plan to use more than a few of them, once some other things update.

I hope to see more of these wonderful gems! I find the inventory tweak a must-have in vanilla function, the amount of goods I accidentally deleted because I just wanted to get things out and into a chest ... Only to find the chest not as full as expected but for all my things to be gone.

When I was messing around about to start up playing
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Shockah.FCM.Standard.MPlayer.MidUpdate()
at TAPI.Hooks.Call(Action[] ts)
at TAPI.CodablePlayer.MidUpdate()
at Terraria.Player.UpdatePlayer(Int32 i)
at Terraria.Main.UpdateReal(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.Update(GameTime gameTime)
That showed up

Getting this error when loading up FCM base and Standard, the mods enabled doesn't effect it

System.MissingFieldException: Field not found: 'TAPI.BuffDef.byType'.
at Shockah.FCM.Standard.InterfaceFCMBuffs.Reset()
at Shockah.FCM.Standard.MBase.OnAllModsLoaded()
at TAPI.Mods.Load()

Getting this error when loading up FCM base and Standard, the mods enabled doesn't effect it

System.MissingFieldException: Field not found: 'TAPI.BuffDef.byType'.
at Shockah.FCM.Standard.InterfaceFCMBuffs.Reset()
at Shockah.FCM.Standard.MBase.OnAllModsLoaded()
at TAPI.Mods.Load()
Install tAPI r12.

Hi shockah!
do you know if your mods are compatible with a system of leveled terraria?
i think your mods are great and they really improves the game experience
they also add a bit of rpg style with the suffixes i love them so much man!!!! :redspin::redspin::redspin:

When I was messing around about to start up playing
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Shockah.FCM.Standard.MPlayer.MidUpdate()
at TAPI.CodablePlayer.MidUpdate()
at Terraria.Player.UpdatePlayer(Int32 i)
at Terraria.Main.UpdateReal(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.Update(GameTime gameTime)
That showed up
Got the same error. It may be related to a Traveling Merchant arriving.

EDIT: AHA! It crashes when I scroll to an empty slot on my hotbar!

Last edited:
Got the same error. It may be related to a Traveling Merchant arriving.

EDIT: AHA! It crashes when I scroll to an empty slot on my hotbar!
Heh. I thought I was the only one. I got that same error when moving to an empty slot. I think it also happens if you try to put something in the prefix slot. At least for me it kicked me out when I tried to put a sword in the prefix slot of the menu.

These are just perfect. I love them all (item suffixes and accesory plus are my favourite).
Ok, a little thing with Enchanced Tooltips. There is no info on bait power showing for every bait and fishing rod.

And lastly a question: There are seven items for shop option, so that means i must have 7 accesory slots from the begining to actually achieve 15 with this option?

EDIT: I'm waiting for HP+ and Boss Bars :3 (yeah last one seems to be pointless, but having big boss bar is just epic), and also for stacks up (100x op but fun ;p), shake off buffs and world+. Keep up with your work, it's great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom