Official A Lively World - Terraria 1.3 Spoilers & TCF Launch Event!

Status
Not open for further replies.
im not shure if that sword in the stone is just a Destroyable rock or a real weapon. but i hope i its a rock.... i dont know why but i dont like the idea of gaining a good weapon by just finding it somwhere:eek:
It's an enchanted sword. You can already find them, they're just extremely rare. This makes them easier to find.

im not shure if that sword in the stone is just a Destroyable rock or a real weapon. but i hope i its a rock.... i dont know why but i dont like the idea of gaining a good weapon by just finding it somwhere:eek:
The Sword inside stone is already in the game bro. It's a very rare find, when you destroy it you get a pretty good sword. But it is good only early in the game.

Oh my god that mini biome is so swag look at the sword hilt in the rock! I wonder if its a new boss room like the queen bee? It might drop the sword!!!!!!!!
It's an easier way of finding an item that's already in the game: Enchanted Sword. You get the sword by breaking the stone.

I think everyone is on this train for Terraria 1.3
8yeZAYy.gif
The Hypepiercer?

The Sword inside stone is already in the game bro. It's a very rare find, when you destroy it you get a pretty good sword. But it is good only early in the game.
oh Damn That means i just an unlucky guy. since the last 3 patches i dindt find rare Items or Drops ( okok i found 1!!!!!! Crimson Keymold but thats all) with a game time over 250 Hours :/

oh Damn That means i just an unlucky guy. since the last 3 patches i dindt find rare Items or Drops ( okok i found 1!!!!!! Crimson Keymold but thats all) with a game time over 250 Hours :/
I've never found an enchanted sword either.

Happy Launch Day Terrarians!

First, we would like to thank each of you for your patience and support while we worked to get our brand new website and Official Forums off to a fantastic start. We really hope that each of these will enhance your Terraria experience!

That said, we certainly know that everyone has been anxiously awaiting any word – or even a whisper - around the goodies that await everyone in the upcoming Terraria 1.3 update. Well, Terrarians, you shall wait no more, as we are ready to reveal another round of 1.3 information!

This time, we wanted to share some changes that will help make Terraria feel more "alive" along with a few random tidbits that we think you will enjoy. We are still going to hold off on sharing the coolest stuff – we may share some of this in the coming weeks, but we also want to stay true to our philosophy of letting our players discover things on their own.

As a special TCF launch weekend event, we will be sharing additional spoilers throughout this weekend - based on how many people sign up on TCF (plus more if we are feeling generous). So sign up, get involved, tell a friend!

Be sure to watch this thread (and other locations on TCF) carefully during the launch weekend - and to jump right in and get involved on TCF! You never know when a spoiler might appear...
kdcROYP.png

Bringing NPCs to Life
View attachment 239
Terraria NPCs have always been helpful – and witty – but limited in what they could do. 1.3 brings a number of NPC animation changes that are intended to help bring them to life and make them feel more like an interactive part of your world. While we were at it, we decided to go ahead and give our crew of NPCs a visual "makeover".

Oh, and we’ve also improved their AI – for example, you won’t have to deal with the Merchant standing in front of your chests/piggy banks anymore (seriously, what was he doing there anyway)?
kdcROYP.png

Worldgen Changes & Minibiomes
View attachment 249
Terraria 1.3 will introduce some subtle – yet exciting – changes at the Worldgen level. First and foremost, starting areas will be cleaned up and smarter. In addition, a handful of Mini-Biomes have been added for intrepid explorers to discover.

kdcROYP.png

Armor Changes
BEFORE:
NoMh2LI.gif
PueoBh1.gif

AFTER:
mY55V5u.gif
HGgSLZG.gif
Terrarians have always been a little “stretchy” in the torso – and quite visibly so when running! Lazure is taken care of that by putting that spring in their step. The end result is that your character will look much more natural as he/she runs around in their world!

kdcROYP.png

Re-Logic Team News
Interestingly, the rumors of Redigit’s fully moving on may have been a bit premature. He is back in the lab, cooking up something devilish to torment even the most hardy of Terrarians!

Finally, we would like to announce that Loki is now a part of the Re-Logic team. He will be handling the role of Community Manager across all of our games - Terraria and beyond. Please join us in welcoming him to the team!
kdcROYP.png
We would also like to take this opportunity to pass along a quick note from 505 Games:
“We were delighted to bring the MASSIVE 1.2 PC update to console audiences earlier this year, as a free content update for PS3, PS VITA and Xbox 360, and in doing so opening up a whole new world of possibilities to Terrarians,” said Richard Gittins, Senior Brand Manager at 505 Games. “The passion expressed by Terraria’s community fuels our ambitions to do justice to the original PC content and continues to drive forward development on next generation console platforms also, with our PS4 and Xbox One releases getting closer every day!”

That’s it for now. We can't wait to hear your reaction and wanton speculation based on this latest round of 1.3 information. Stay tuned to Terraria.org and the Terraria Community Forum for future spoilers, news items, and community features in the weeks ahead!

~The Re-Logic Team
thanks for adding my larva npc
i suggested that like 3 years ago or even more
back before hardcore update

Well I'm sorry to disappoint you but the weapon is already in the game, found by breaking an extremely rare background item same as seen in the picture. The difference is it know seems to have a special place which should make it easier to find as know it can spawn anywhere... So no its not a rock but it seems it should be easier to find...

In other news congrats Loki
will be interesting to see what happens in 1.3 I wonder what those cultists are up to (I pray that it isn't Cthulhu, Terraria already has too much Cthulhu and the number of bad Cthulhu suggestions I've had to endure makes me really really really REALLY hope that it isn't Cthulhu any other eldrich deity would be fine but for the love of god NO Cthulhu!!!!!!!)

In other news congrats Loki
will be interesting to see what happens in 1.3 I wonder what those cultists are up to (I pray that it isn't Cthulhu, Terraria already has too much Cthulhu and the number of bad Cthulhu suggestions I've had to endure makes me really really really REALLY hope that it isn't Cthulhu any other eldrich deity would be fine but for the love of god NO Cthulhu!!!!!!!)

Sorry to disappoint you, but Cthulhu confirmed.

Also,
seal_of_approval.png

of this update.

Heh. I started playing Terraria just before 1.2 came out, so I didn't know nearly enough to be hyped for 1.2. I'm glad I can be a part of this now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom