tModLoader Sin Costan's Collection of Fun Projectiles: Once Again

After much delay, a new version of the Collection of Fun Projectiles has been released! As usual, I will provide the source (I may need to finish up on commenting though so expect me to upload a new COFP source). Anyways, here's some changes, some of the changes I couldn't get to (like making the PDT not a floating a cannon and I don't really know what's wrong with the Rainbow Devastator, it works but I may work on it later):

Code:
Changelog for v2.1:
- Added Midas Sprayer : Clentimator but more fun!
   - Can be bought by the Custom Weapons Developer
   - Buy Mining Solutions and craft any Solution with 11 ore (Ore found in world like iron, this includes hellstone and obsidian!)
   - Each unique solution causes a unique debuff!
- Changed Shadow Blood Veil so it doesn't leech health off of friendly NPCs

After much delay, a new version of the Collection of Fun Projectiles has been released! As usual, I will provide the source (I may need to finish up on commenting though so expect me to upload a new COFP source). Anyways, here's some changes, some of the changes I couldn't get to (like making the PDT not a floating a cannon and I don't really know what's wrong with the Rainbow Devastator, it works but I may work on it later):

Code:
Changelog for v2.1:
- Added Midas Sprayer : Clentimator but more fun!
   - Can be bought by the Custom Weapons Developer
   - Buy Mining Solutions and craft any Solution with 11 ore (Ore found in world like iron, this includes hellstone and obsidian!)
   - Each unique solution causes a unique debuff!
- Changed Shadow Blood Veil so it doesn't leech health off of friendly NPCs
Nice!

So how is everyone enjoying the Midas Sprayer? Too much fun? Well I've got...

Good news everyone! I've been doing things with the mod, like I should! Anyways for the next update, coming way later on, I've been working on hopefully making some of the stuff in the mod to work on multiplayer (if it isn't already working). I've also been working on a big project that I have never done before... making a boss! I'm pretty proud of these sprites despite the fact that I'm not that great at spriting.

S5CWPcJ.png
JBmMhk7.png
wnWNEUf.png
p5a4NSG.png
blufLOW.png

From left to right: Berramyr, Fokmyl, Lyndmyl, Niremyl, Veiynamyl

Berramyr is the main boss, he is going to be sort of like a boss from a bullet hell game. He is a totally custom AI and so far here is is move set so far that I have made.
Code:
- Float Around: This is just his basic AI when he isn't in a mode, he just floats around the player and shoots a laser at the player
   - Later on, I'm gonna make him be able to teleport once the player is too close and leaving an explosion
- Flammenwheel: Positions himself to the left of the player, rotating and shooting flames in that rotation and then after a couple of seconds, launches himself at the player.
- Spin To Win: He goes above the player and then spins and produces massive amounts of bullets
Move sets I hope to implement
Code:
- Hellfire Swarm: Fires lots of homing rockets at the player
- Bullet Hell: Goes above the player and shoots at the player with a lot of projectiles
- Maybe more!

The last 4 guys Fokmyl, Lyndmyl, Niremyl, and Veiynamyl orbit around Berramyr and gives support to Berramyr

Implementations that need to be worked on
Code:
Fokmyl: Gives Berramyr a thorn potion effect and increases Berramyr's defense; Also takes on 25% of the damage that Berramyr takes
Lyndmyl: Shoots down projectiles and guides player non melee projectiles towards itself if there are a lot of player projectiles
Niremyl: Offensive support, gives Berramyr melee damage, increases Berramyr's projectile damage, and makes Berramyr give a debuff (maybe "On Fire!"?)
Veiynamyl: Healing support, gives Berramyr regeneration and heals Berramyr

After I'm done with the boss, I'll need to work on giving him drops, but in the meantime, I'll be working on his AI and his supporting cast!

So, i'll give my suggestion on the weapon stats. Though, this is UNTIL you find crafting recipes for the items. Or you can just port the recipes from the older version of the mod when you create the items USED to craft them.

The hellstone saw, and normal controllable saw's, damage needs to be nerfed. Respectively:

Controllable saw goes down to something like 10-15.

Hellstone saw is nerfed down to 25.

Rainbow devastation needs to have the block destroying ability removed.

So, i'll give my suggestion on the weapon stats. Though, this is UNTIL you find crafting recipes for the items. Or you can just port the recipes from the older version of the mod when you create the items USED to craft them.

The hellstone saw, and normal controllable saw's, damage needs to be nerfed. Respectively:

Controllable saw goes down to something like 10-15.

Hellstone saw is nerfed down to 25.

Rainbow devastation needs to have the block destroying ability removed.
1.Yeah, I should just start adding recipes to the items instead of just having a merchant that sells them... I'll see to the recipes on the next update (may add someone else's recipes I found in that random Russian website from the thread I got tagged on or import from original COFP).
2. I'll also go about nerfing the controllable and burning saws down to 15 and 25 respectively. Maybe nerf some other things too because of lag and stuff (like Ichiival and Gae Bolg).
3. I thought the block destroying thing was a cool concept for Rainbow Devastation... I'll see about making commands to allow you to customize your projectile experiences.

I don't really know when I can get to working on all of this because I have so much college work to do and Berramyr and gang to work on (which the AI is REALLY gonna be awesome...) Can't really think of decent drops for Berramyr but something I want him to do is drop materials for an armor set for more glorious projectiles (and maybe a Berramyr mount or Fokmyl, Lyndmyl, Niremyl, and Veiynamyl pet?). I can't wait to finish Berramyr :(.

Cant find the carrier summon weapon.

Bottled fairy does nothing even while in hook slot or using grapple command.

You should add solutions for a variety of soils as well for terraforming biomes (dirt, mud, sand, stone, snow, etc)

Cant find the carrier summon weapon.

Bottled fairy does nothing even while in hook slot or using grapple command.

You should add solutions for a variety of soils as well for terraforming biomes (dirt, mud, sand, stone, snow, etc)
1. Hmm... that's weird. The Carrier Bow should be able to be bought by the merchant if you are using the Non Dirt Craft / Mod browser version or if you are using the regular COFP tmod.zip, it's just a single dirt block.
2. That has never happened to me before, it should work just like a grappling hook, as I have tested it myself. I have no idea what could be causing that problem other than either you have a mod that uses up that key binding or you have something taking over grappling key binding priority. I'll see if I can replicate the problem
3. That... might take a while. I might make a new base sprite for those things, which will take a while because of my not so talented spriting abilities. But luckily, I can easily make the projectiles for those solutions because of the awesome power of static methods!

As I said on the previous post, it will take a long while to do all of this for the next update due to the extensive amount of work I have to do and the boss I am working on. Making mods solo doesn't help this fact ;(.

Hello, I am kinda new to the forums, but not to programming and modding and all that. (This is my first post)

I was going to suggest some form of nerf that 3LAMESTUDIO said earlier, but instead of just nerfing damage, there are few ways to nerf those Saws, possibly without lowering damage (although that would be optimal anyway).

-Decrease the damage as said in the earlier post
-Increase the cost sold by the CWD
-Lower the amount of bounces/hits before it breaks (nullifying "saw traps" in tight areas, such as the Dungeon or Crimson/Corruption Caves)

Early-game saws are just darn overpowering in general. Especially Flaming Saws (I suggest that they provide slightly less light, and only debuff On Fire! instead of Cursed Flames), they do WoF-Tier damage and I've been able to get it before Skeletron.
Late-game items(specifically the 5-plat ones), however, cost is just too high. You can nerf the damage/projectile count to compensate, but not even the Parrot Cracker(375G), Clentaminator/Diamond Ring/Tiki Totem(200G) cost that much. I'd say roughly 250G is enough, maybe 300G tops.

This is a great mod, though. The experimentation involved with this mod is astounding, at least to me.
As I wrap up this post, may I use snippets of your source code when I mod? If I ever publish one. I will of course credit you if such mod exists. Reason I'm asking is because there are no policies in the OP, haha.

Hello, I am kinda new to the forums, but not to programming and modding and all that. (This is my first post)

I was going to suggest some form of nerf that 3LAMESTUDIO said earlier, but instead of just nerfing damage, there are few ways to nerf those Saws, possibly without lowering damage (although that would be optimal anyway).

-Lower the amount of bounces/hits before it breaks (nullifying "saw traps" in tight areas, such as the Dungeon or Crimson/Corruption Caves)

Early-game saws are just darn overpowering in general. Especially Flaming Saws (I suggest that they provide slightly less light, and only debuff On Fire! instead of Cursed Flames), they do WoF-Tier damage and I've been able to get it before Skeletron.
Late-game items(specifically the 5-plat ones), however, cost is just too high. You can nerf the damage/projectile count to compensate, but not even the Parrot Cracker(375G), Clentaminator/Diamond Ring/Tiki Totem(200G) cost that much. I'd say roughly 250G is enough, maybe 300G tops.

This is a great mod, though. The experimentation involved with this mod is astounding, at least to me.
As I wrap up this post, may I use snippets of your source code when I mod? If I ever publish one. I will of course credit you if such mod exists. Reason I'm asking is because there are no policies in the OP, haha.

I think they should nerf the midas sprayer, you can obtain that first then use it to obtain every other shop item. Once they implement recipes, the items WILL become balanced.

Once they implement recipes, they can make the sprayer post-golem or post-moonlord depending on difficulty.

Of course you can use snippets of my code! That's the reason I posted my source code in the OP so that other people interested in making cool stuff is able to make cool stuff. The source is mostly commented, meaning that you can understand what the heck is going on. Also I made the variable names intuitive so it is easier to understand, though I think some of them I just C&P'ed from vanilla code.

I think they should nerf the midas sprayer, you can obtain that first then use it to obtain every other shop item. Once they implement recipes, the items WILL become balanced.

Once they implement recipes, they can make the sprayer post-golem or post-moonlord depending on difficulty.
I agree with you on the Midas Sprayer, it definitely does make it stupidly easy to buy off merchants because you can just get 11 of any ore with the mining solution and just repeat the process until you get a ton of money, so I might need to add more to the recipes for the solutions and make Midas Sprayer have a recipe, most likely make it post-golem.

Also GitHub page! Have fun with this stuff! I'll be trying to keep this as up to date as I can. I'll make contributes to the wiki later on...

Last edited:
So close to finishing Berramyr :(... Just need to make a real AI rather than RNG-ing the moveset, adjust the damages of the projectiles, and finish up the last two supporting dudes. After that, I'm gonna work on those nerfs, recipes, and commands and then hopefully before May, they'll be done :).

Well it's been a while, I finally got something that looks like Recipes! Check them out and tell me what you think!

Code:
Shadow Blood Veil - 10 Silk, 10 Crimtane/Demonite Bar, 30 Rotten Chunk/Vertebrae, 30 Vicious/Vile Powder; (Demon Altar)
Bow of the Carrier - 1 Optic Staff, 1 Shadow Flame Bow, 10 Ectoplasm, 30 Wood; (Mythril Anvil)
Paper Airplane Arrow (25) - 25 Wooden Arrow, 5 Wood, 5 Pixie Dust; (Mythril Anvil)
Fighter Plane Arrow (25) - 25 Paper Airplane Arrow, 5 Iron/Lead Bar, 5 Pixie Dust; (Mythril Anvil)
Bomber Plane Arrow (25) - 25 Paper Airplane Arrow, 5 Iron/Lead Bar, 5 Pixie Dust, 5 Bomb; (Mythril Anvil)
Controllable Saw - 10 Iron/Lead Bar, 1 Sawmill; (Anvil)
Burning Saw - 1 Controllable Saw, 20 Hellstone Bar, 1 Sawmill; (Anvil)
Hallowed Saw - 1 Burning Saw, 20 Hallowed Bar, 10 Soul of Light, 10 Soul of Night, 1 Sawmill; (Mythril Anvil)
Spectral Saw - 1 Hallowed Saw, 20 Ectoplasm , 10 Soul of Might, 10 Soul of Fright, 10 Soul of Sight; (Mythril Anvil)
Bottled Fairy - 1 Fairy Bell, 1 Fairy Wings, 30 Pixie Dust; (Mythril Anvil)
Ancient Spear - 1 Spear, 30 Bone, 20 Iron/Lead Bar; (Anvil)
Gae Bolg - 1 Ancient Spear, 1 Gungnir, 1 Inferno Fork, 10 Ectoplasm; (Mythril Anvil)
Ancient Bow - 1 WoodenBow, 30 Bone, 20 Iron/Lead Bar; (Anvil)
Ichiival - 1 Ancient Bow, 1 Daedalus Stormbow, 1 Tsunami, 10 Ectoplasm; (Mythril Anvil)
Midas Sprayer - 1 Clentaminator, 1 Picksaw, 20 Ectoplasm, 20 Gold Bar, 999 Green Solution; (Mythril Anvil)
PDT Core - 1 Seaweed, 1 Xeno Staff, 10 Luminite/Lunar Bar; (Mythril Anvil)
Raindbow Devastation - 1 Rainbow Rod, 1 Rainbow Gun, 1 Rainbow Crystal Staff, 10 Luminite/Lunar Barl (Mythril Anvil)

Solutions
11 Ore + 111 Mining Solution

For those interested in helping me test the NPC...
Mysterious Controller - 1 Dirt Block

By tommorow, I think I will release this thin'.

Last edited:
What is this... a new update????

Code:
This mod is the experimentation and implementation of projectile concepts. Test these out either by waiting for the merchant and buying it if you feel like getting them in the legit way, or just craft them with a single block of dirt. Please post a comment on the thread page on these experimental items!
Changelog for v3.1:
- Added
   - Added Recipes! Check them out on the main page!
   - Beta Test of Berramyr Boss! Dirt Block to craft the "Mysterious Controller"
       - Must use on Surface!
       - Recommend to do it far away from base or different world for reasons...
       - More details on main page!
   - Added /tiledestruction to enable/disable Rainbow Devastation Tile Destruction
- NERFS?
   - Ichiival and Gae Bolg reduction of damage to better match hardmode?
   - All saws reduced damage and penetration to better match their environments?
   - A lot of items removed from merchant, have fun crafting!
- BUFFS!
   - Carrier Bow and Arrows upped damage to match Hardmode!
Code:
Shadow Blood Veil - 10 Silk, 10 Crimtane/Demonite Bar, 30 Rotten Chunk/Vertebrae, 30 Vicious/Vile Powder; (Demon Altar)
Bow of the Carrier - 1 Optic Staff, 1 Shadow Flame Bow, 10 Ectoplasm, 30 Wood; (Mythril Anvil)
Paper Airplane Arrow (25) - 25 Wooden Arrow, 5 Wood, 5 Pixie Dust; (Mythril Anvil)
Fighter Plane Arrow (25) - 25 Paper Airplane Arrow, 5 Iron/Lead Bar, 5 Pixie Dust; (Mythril Anvil)
Bomber Plane Arrow (25) - 25 Paper Airplane Arrow, 5 Iron/Lead Bar, 5 Pixie Dust, 5 Bomb; (Mythril Anvil)
Controllable Saw - 10 Iron/Lead Bar, 1 Sawmill; (Anvil)
Burning Saw - 1 Controllable Saw, 20 Hellstone Bar, 1 Sawmill; (Anvil)
Hallowed Saw - 1 Burning Saw, 20 Hallowed Bar, 10 Soul of Light, 10 Soul of Night, 1 Sawmill; (Mythril Anvil)
Spectral Saw - 1 Hallowed Saw, 20 Ectoplasm , 10 Soul of Might, 10 Soul of Fright, 10 Soul of Sight, 1 Sawmill; (Mythril Anvil)
Bottled Fairy - 1 Fairy Bell, 1 Fairy Wings, 30 Pixie Dust; (Mythril Anvil)
Ancient Spear - 1 Spear, 30 Bone, 20 Iron/Lead Bar; (Anvil)
Gae Bolg - 1 Ancient Spear, 1 Gungnir, 1 Inferno Fork, 10 Ectoplasm; (Mythril Anvil)
Ancient Bow - 1 WoodenBow, 30 Bone, 20 Iron/Lead Bar; (Anvil)
Ichiival - 1 Ancient Bow, 1 Daedalus Stormbow, 1 Tsunami, 10 Ectoplasm; (Mythril Anvil)
Midas Sprayer - 1 Clentaminator, 1 Picksaw, 20 Ectoplasm, 20 Gold Bar, 999 Green Solution; (Mythril Anvil)
PDT Core - 1 Seaweed, 1 Xeno Staff, 10 Luminite/Lunar Bar; (Mythril Anvil)
Raindbow Devastation - 1 Rainbow Rod, 1 Rainbow Gun, 1 Rainbow Crystal Staff, 10 Luminite/Lunar Barl (Mythril Anvil)

Solutions
11 Ore + 111 Mining Solution

For those interested in helping me test...
Mysterious Controller - 1 Dirt Block

Update on your mod browser now or get it on the OP!

EDIT: For those interested, I've pushed the new stuff to the GitHub to stare at!

Last edited:
I literally came here to give some balance suggestions, and here I see you've already covered them! :p

Still, Bottle Fairy is literally the best movement thing in the game. I feel like it should be a post-moon lord item, or at least post-plantera. Something that comes to mind is the Wisp in a Bottle rather than Fairy Bell.

I'm *right now* starting a new game, and I'll tell ya what I see as far as balances go!

Awesome items & mod, btw. Thanks for the fun!

I literally came here to give some balance suggestions, and here I see you've already covered them! :p

Still, Bottle Fairy is literally the best movement thing in the game. I feel like it should be a post-moon lord item, or at least post-plantera. Something that comes to mind is the Wisp in a Bottle rather than Fairy Bell.
Hmm, I agree with your statement, I might add the Wisp in a Bottle to the recipe.

Back
Top Bottom