What is the hardest fight that you’ve ever fought?

Bonus Poll: which is harder to survive (no cheese)?

• Wave 20 of the Frost Moon

Votes: 26 39.4%
  • The Dungeon Guardian

Votes: 30 45.5%
  • I DON’T KNOW, I DIE TOO FAST TO TELL :'(!!!

Votes: 10 15.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Expert Mode Duke Fishron when 1.3 came out. "Third" phase really threw me off guard, since I was only in full Adamantite armour. That fight didn't end too well. Came back with Chlorophyte armour and took him down, though.

Arch Wyvern vs. Me with fiery greatsword inside house
There was this wyvern, this arch wyvern. I'm in early hardmode and totally unprepared. Let's just say I got rekt! I died five times before I killed it with my fiery greatsword. #spawnkill

Last edited:
Let me set up the scenario. I'm playing in expert mode. 1.3 just came out, so I had no idea what was to come besides the Cultist boss. I get the hell beat out of me but I pull through and kill him. Then the pillars arrive. I go up to the first pillar I find and start getting mobbed by the Vortex Pillar goons. I get killed a few times but I push ahead and kill it. Then I find out there's three more. So I sally forth and get killed by the other three pillars. The worst one was the Solar Pillar. Back then certain Solar mobs were overpowered and could one shot you. When all that was said and done, the damned Moon Lord shows up and trashes me in an instant. Without a doubt, that was the nastiest fight I'd ever been in.

But I went through the event again a few times in a non-expert world to get used to the fighting patterns. Eventually I went back and did kill the Expert Moon Lord. So there was a happy ending to this.

Expert Skeletron. I just said ":red: it" and fought the WoF and proceeded to beat Skeletron with gear that was capable of beating Skeletron Prime.

Forgot to say: Dungeon Guardian on PS Vita.
Good luck defeating him, because it's hard to control my character.

Expert mode plantera. I had a huge arena prepaired and ended up having to flee to nearby caves. Barely escaped to a railway in the caves and then rode that back to the arena. Such an intense fight

Expert Plantera was an interesting one for me. Tried to do it with melee and stuff but even with tons of buffs I couldn't survive the second phase.

So I switch over to Ranged Chlorophyte + Megashark + Crystal Bullets and get the job done on the first try.

I guess it's the enraged Skeletron Prime, it runs faster than UFO, almost one-hit-kill and has higher health than Dungeon Guarian.

But for the Poll, I think the frost moon. With UFO, the Dungeon Guarian is very easy, but even with end-game gears, it's still difficult to get 20th Wave (especially in normal mode, as the score of the mobs is halved).

(by the way, before 1.3, I even tried cheating with locked health but still rarely reach the final wave, only managed to do so a few times with the Horsman's Blade and lost's of mechnism, not even Coin Gun with Platinum Coin)

Hardest fight... I would have to say in Expert mode, with those special zombies that do like 50 damage per hit? Yeah, I tried fighting 4 of them same time with a copper axe.

So I have to say at this point it is probably expert mode Skeletron

Though I haven't beaten Plantera in my expert mode playthrough so I can't really say getting that overgrown weed of death into your arena while still being alive isn't exactly easy...

Haven't made it to wave twenty yet lol, and I'm not a complete noob so dungeon guardian it is! Gotta say though, that baby skeleton head is a sure sign of high status in multiplayer!

Besides dungeon guardians, I really struggled with Skeletron Prime back in pre 1.2! The most frustrating part was when he sinks back into the ground when you die only once. It's like well I just wasted those souls and iron for nothing. I found him much easier post 1.2 however.

Let me tell you a story.Ahem,Once upon a time was a chick with like 100 defense legendary influx waver and a whole lotta confidence.She beat the cultist with not too much trouble,destroyed the pillars with relative ease,THEN GETS CREAMED BY THE #$^@&#@ MOON LORD 7 TIMES.This girl still has not beaten the Moon Lord to this day even though she has 121 defense.Did you like the story?Cuz I didn't. liek if u cri evrytiem
[doublepost=1459393667,1459393538][/doublepost]
expert brain of chalupa was pretty bad.

however, the frost moon in general has a special place in my heart as an interesting flavor of hell while alone. we don't talk about reindeer bells around here.
Gotta whatch out for them chalupas ;)

Back
Top Bottom