What Combat Type (melee, ranged, magic, or ranged) Do you use and Why?

SpartanSHATTER

Official Terrarian
I like using melee because of the high damage. Also lots of melee weapons have magical projectiles that don't use mana or consume ammo. The armor sets provide lots of defense and look really cool! Lastly, there is a lot of variety in weapon choice. You have yo-yos, flails, spears, swords, and some others such as the vampire knives that don't really have a category.

Please tell the story behind YOUR combat style below! I'm really excited to hear about it!

PS: I realized right after posting this that I repeated Ranged. I of course meant Summon!

Random(8).jpg

I prefer Mage for mobile, because the endgame mobile weapons are best for Mage, but ranger on PC because vortex armor. Also, endgame Melee is kida ridiculous because you end up relying on the projectiles and not the actual blade.

i like to play ranged but come to think of it ranged is pretty good too

Definitely Ranged. I've never really liked Melee because to me it's essentially the "default class" and you get the most progression with it in the start of the game, plus early on I find it kinda boring because there aren't really that many ranged options... and I've never been able to keep up with mana usage while a Mage.

But Ranged gets good progression early on in the game with bows, and there's just something I like about high velocity bullets as compared to Mages generally slower projectiles. And once you try farming for ammo for the pretty much unofficial throwing class, farming for ammo with Ranger isn't really that annoying...

I always have a combo, like i might have mage armor, but then I have like one or two melee accessories, so when my mana runs out I can rely a bit on melee
and I do similar hybrids like ranger/melee and all kinds of stuff like that, not really relying on any one class

I'll be the dark horse and say Summoner! The class is a tough one to kick off, but once into Hardmode it becomes a powerhouse class. It also allows way better farming and creative gameplay. The fact that it's so different from the other three is refreshing.

I used to do melee playthroughs, but melee is pretty OP compared to other classes. Mage is pretty cool.

Summoner is a class I couldn't help but come back to recently. One of the highlights of the class for me is upgrading my gear, which isn't frequent but always results in a burst of power. One of the highlights for me is going from bees/imps to spiders.

I tend to not be able to aim a ranged or magic weapon well, and end up tanking hits because of often not realizing enemies are nearby until they're right next to me or straight-up hit me the pain of being a visually impaired terraria player is real, so I just sorta default to Melee because high defense and yo-yos. I love me some yo-yos. Seriously, those things are my favorite. Also as stated, the big variety. In addition to yo-yos I love me some big swords.

I should probably try a straight-up mage playthrough though, looks like a lot of variety there as well. I just don't like having to worry about resource management D: I tend to be super stingy with resources. Mage or ranger, I'd never shoot!

Back
Top Bottom