Official Terraria: Otherworld

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is not Terraria 2, it is Terraria Otherworld and it is better than the best game i knew and has more items than terraria has. When Terraria2 comes, it will be better than Otherworld and of course it will have more items than Otherworld.
How Re logic company has too many ideas?It is strange because classic Terraria has toooooooooooo many items!!!!!

This is not Terraria 2, it is Terraria Otherworld and it is better than the best game i knew and has more items than terraria has. When Terraria2 comes, it will be better than Otherworld and of course it will have more items than Otherworld.
How Re logic company has too many ideas?It is strange because classic Terraria has toooooooooooo many items!!!!!

There is no way to know if T:OW will have more items than Terraria 1 or not. In fact, I would wager its pretty likely it won't have as many items at release, as T1 has had 5 years of development worth of additional items added.

Maybe in time T:OW will end up with more, but there is simply no factual evidence to indicate that this will be the case at launch.

Wow. I can't thank the Terraria team enough. The memories I have of Terraria are priceless, worth way more than a few bucks. If I know these developers, T: OW is going to be even better!

I don't get the "full unlocked trail" part.
He wants to play the full game for free for a limited time. Seems like a bad idea, allowing people to download the full game for free. They'd download a crack and will have the time limit removed.

Demo's are always nice though, although I doubt this game will disappoint. Going to buy it blindfolded. :)

He wants to play the full game for free for a limited time. Seems like a bad idea, allowing people to download the full game for free. They'd download a crack and will have the time limit removed.

Demo's are always nice though, although I doubt this game will disappoint. Going to buy it blindfolded. :)
Then a demo is good enough! I just wanna test it out first. I know I'll like it, but I just wanna play it before getting the money to buy it. Does that make sense?

There will always be piracy regardless of full demos or not. Honest people will stay honest.

Well, I played the Terraria demo on mobile, and that immidately de-noobed me. :p

(that home tutorial was best, If I only didn't forgot to place a chair XD)

There will always be piracy regardless of full demos or not. Honest people will stay honest.
Absolutely true. But I imagine game developers wouldn't want to make it too easy, providing all the game's files as a free download.
I vaguely recall one particular game (although I don't recall the name) which was downloadable as a demo, but it was actually the full game with a playing limit.
People found out how to circumvent the play limit and needless to say, not many people ended up buying the game.

In the end it probably doesn't matter much, I know. Pirates will find their way to a 'free copy' of the game of their liking anyway.

Absolutely true. But I imagine game developers wouldn't want to make it too easy, providing all the game's files as a free download.
I vaguely recall one particular game (although I don't recall the name) which was downloadable as a demo, but it was actually the full game with a playing limit.
People found out how to circumvent the play limit and needless to say, not many people ended up buying the game.

In the end it probably doesn't matter much, I know. Pirates will find their way to a 'free copy' of the game of their liking anyway.
It already is very simple to find a piratable version on the usual sites. Its not like it is ever difficult, almost to the point where DRM solutions are rather pointless. Once it is up on the usual sites all that needs to be done is just download it. Its not like each individual needs to be able to read machine language and hex edit anything themselves.
Terraria has such a loyal fanbase that even with all those who pirate it, they will still make many millions off of the honest purchasers.

Alright, I think this has gotten rather off topic. Lets get back on topic with discussion of Otherworld, rather than pirating and such. :)

I definitely can't wait for this game to come out, I have hours and hours into terraria and I have been wanting to play this ever since it was first announced.

I hope we will get some more solid news about a potential release date soon, all things considered I would think it should be getting fairly close, (not rushing anyone here, just making an observation) seeing as how it was originally scheduled for a 2015 release and we are now getting close to three months into 2016.

I am really optimistic about this game considering the success of terraria, but it does get mildly depressing when there isn't much news coming out about this game.

I know I'm not the only person who would really appreciate some more frequent updates on the progress of the game. Even something like one news update a month would be nice, as it is, the latest update I can find is from December. Anyone have any idea of when the next news update will be?

Edit, also I really don't care too much about spoilers, while they are nice, what I mean by news updates is just game progress stuff, like how development is going and whether they are making good progress or things have come up that they have to fix.

I guess I may just be spoiled by developers for other games that release status updates quite frequently, sometime several times a month, just to keep people informed of what is going on in the development process.

Last edited:
Alright, it's been ages. After a late December bummer of "not til next year!" it's been 3 months. With hardly a peep, and nothing doing about when we might ever see the game. I'm really starting to lose hope. My friends and I are all excited to set up a server and play together, but at this point it's become more of a running joke of "Man, I sure hope Terraria Otherworld gets released". This isn't Half Life 3. I'll be happy if the team says ANYTHING about when it's coming. Should I just start preparing myself for a 2017 release of a game promised in 2015?

Alright, it's been ages. After a late December bummer of "not til next year!" it's been 3 months. With hardly a peep, and nothing doing about when we might ever see the game. I'm really starting to lose hope. My friends and I are all excited to set up a server and play together, but at this point it's become more of a running joke of "Man, I sure hope Terraria Otherworld gets released". This isn't Half Life 3. I'll be happy if the team says ANYTHING about when it's coming. Should I just start preparing myself for a 2017 release of a game promised in 2015?
"Promised in 2015"? Who told you that? As far as I know Re-Logic never gives release dates, not even estimates.
Just be patient, the game will be done when it's done. Companies rushing a game's development is never a good thing. Be thankful that Re-Logic don't have to meet any deadlines so the game they'll eventually release will be better for it.

"Promised in 2015"? Who told you that? As far as I know Re-Logic never gives release dates, not even estimates.
Just be patient, the game will be done when it's done. Companies rushing a game's development is never a good thing. Be thankful that Re-Logic don't have to meet any deadlines so the game they'll eventually release will be better for it.

To quote the Terraria Facebook page, "As you likely have figured out, Terraria: Otherworld did not make its planned 2015 launch. Simply put, the game is not ready yet.". So, in fact, Re-Logic told me that. And then waited until December 29th of 2015 to tell everyone otherwise. I'm not saying that I'm unhappy they're taking their time. I'm unhappy about how little communication there is. It's been 3 months without a post since the one on December 29th saying that they couldn't do it in 2015. I don't want an unfinished game, and however long they take to make it is however long it takes, they're the only ones out there who can make Terraria. I'm just saying the hype train is quickly falling off the tracks, and they're not putting down any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom