tModLoader Cheat Sheet

I love this mod :D
also i have 3 additional ideas:
- What items can drop from which monsters (and how high is the % chance)
- What can you get from treasure bag
- What can you craft from selected item (like guide)

That one is easy: Normal boss drops, with the expert item and Trophy (and Mask?) guaranteed.
I mean if you dont know the bosses drops for example its modded boss you would only know that you can get normal boss drops and expert item (unless mod didint add it) but what they are you can only guess

Cheat Sheet is a tool for developers and those who just want to play around with any vanilla or mod items/recipes/NPC.

For now, Cheat Sheet consists of an Item Browser, an NPC Browser, and a Recipe Browser.

Item Browser:
Press K (or whatever hotkey you've assigned) to toggle the Item Browser on and off. Click an item to grab a full stack of that item or Shift-click to move a full stack of that item immediately to your inventory. The category buttons and the search field can be used to filter the list of items.

ItemBrowser: Name filtering.

ItemBrowser: Category/Mod filtering

NPC Browser:

Press hotkey (defaults to L) to toggle NPC Browser. Click any NPC to spawn it in front of your character. Use categories and search filter to find the NPC you desire.

NPC Spawner/Browser

Recipe Browser:
Press hotkey (defaults to P) to toggle Recipe Browser. Click on any Recipe to see details. Use categories and search filter to find the recipe you want.

Recipe Browser

More tools will be added over time.

Latest Download: v0.1.5 => Mod Browser or direct link

Ideas to implement
  • Prefixes
  • Tooltips for Item Browser.
  • Biome Brush?
v0.1.5
  • Recipe Book
  • All axe now in the tools category
v0.1.4
  • Fixed conflict with Enemy Prefixes mod.
v0.1.3
  • NPC Browser/Spawner
v0.1.2
  • Fixed material bug
  • Fixed Draw bug (ectoplasm)
  • Implemented right click. Right click for 1, hold right click for as many as you want.
  • Fixed some hidden stuff too.
v0.1.1
  • Animate items in Item Browser
v0.1
  • Item Browser

This mod Was amazing, but only for the first day. I had only this mod yesterday, and everything worked fine. Today, I have the Creative mode mod and Pcommands, and now the hotkeys K L P or any other doesn't work. I disabled the other mods, restart terraria, I tried everything, and the hotkeys won't open any menus!

This mod Was amazing, but only for the first day. I had only this mod yesterday, and everything worked fine. Today, I have the Creative mode mod and Pcommands, and now the hotkeys K L P or any other doesn't work. I disabled the other mods, restart terraria, I tried everything, and the hotkeys won't open any menus!
Do you have any items in your hotbar? Have you checked the mod hotkey settings?

Do you have any items in your hotbar? Have you checked the mod hotkey settings?
I actuallt have no items in my hotbar. I trashed them all cause I thought I could just get new ones from the mod. The hotkey setting are default.

Edit: I kinda fixed it now. I got an item in my hotbar, and now I can open the menus, but I have to type the letter multiple times.

I love this mod :D
also i have 3 additional ideas:
- What items can drop from which monsters (and how high is the % chance)
- What can you get from treasure bag
- What can you craft from selected item (like guide)
1. No way to tell.
2. No way to tell.
3. Good idea.
I actuallt have no items in my hotbar. I trashed them all cause I thought I could just get new ones from the mod. The hotkey setting are default.

Edit: I kinda fixed it now. I got an item in my hotbar, and now I can open the menus, but I have to type the letter multiple times.
Yeah, you need at least 1 item for the menus to show up since I had to hack in a method to draw the menus based on drawing items. I'm not sure what is causing you to have to push the button multiple times.

Pressing CTRL + A in the Item Spawning Menu's Search Textbox crashes my game with the message:

Code:
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.get_Item(Int32 index)
   at CheatSheet.UI.UITextbox.KeyboardInput_newKeyEvent(Char obj)
   at System.Action`1.Invoke(T obj)
   at Terraria.keyBoardInput.inKey.PreFilterMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.ProcessFilters(MSG& msg, Boolean& modified)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.PreTranslateMessage(MSG& msg)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FPreTranslateMessage(MSG& msg)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
   at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args)

I hope I've done this right.

Pressing CTRL + A in the Item Spawning Menu's Search Textbox crashes my game with the message:

Code:
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.get_Item(Int32 index)
   at CheatSheet.UI.UITextbox.KeyboardInput_newKeyEvent(Char obj)
   at System.Action`1.Invoke(T obj)
   at Terraria.keyBoardInput.inKey.PreFilterMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.ProcessFilters(MSG& msg, Boolean& modified)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.PreTranslateMessage(MSG& msg)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FPreTranslateMessage(MSG& msg)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
   at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args)

I hope I've done this right.
K, I fixed this. ctrl a will now clear the field

v0.1.6 Released
  • Items now display full tooltips rather than just name
  • Ctrl A to clear input field
  • Item Browser Pets category

I have an idea
Maybe a button at the top of the NPC browser that will kill all NPCs on the screen including town NPCs

How about a full weaponry sections? Like, Ranged, Magic, Melee, etc.?
How about a window which allows you to set a prefix for a weapon without reforging? Like, you put a sword in it, and you press on the Legendary and boom - it's reforged to Legendary.

I have an idea
Maybe a button at the top of the NPC browser that will kill all NPCs on the screen including town NPCs
Yeah, I plan on adding a bunch of buttons and toggles for things like that, it's more of a matter of designing a UI and figuring out where to place things like that.
Can you make a mount catagory in the item spawner menu?
I was going to say that isn't possible, but I just checked and it actually is, I'll be sure to get that in.
How about a full weaponry sections? Like, Ranged, Magic, Melee, etc.?
How about a window which allows you to set a prefix for a weapon without reforging? Like, you put a sword in it, and you press on the Legendary and boom - it's reforged to Legendary.
I'll get to that, it's not that high of a priority, but eventually.

is it possible to seclude the recipe function so you are only left with that one?
i'd like to use the recipe function while not having the ability to "cheat" items and npcs into the game

I don't know if it's just me, but every time I try to load the latest version, it always crashes with it saying there is a problem loading "recipes" and immediately disables the mod. I try disabling other mods but nothing happens.

Back
Top Bottom