Blocks & Decoration Why are active stone blocks still in the game?

Oilura

Terrarian
Active stone blocks can be easily simulated by placing an actuator on a stone block. I see no reason for the block to still be in the game.

I see your point, seeing as Actuators can do the same thing. Ridding them sounds like it'd work, besides you'd still need to kill Skeletron and find mechanic to get those to pop off.
Why waste wire and stone to do something you and easier to play with then using those "stone only" wires?

I don't think they cover too much space(in file size perspective) and very few things have been removed from game in past.And some people still like them since they remind of where wiring once was and where it is now.

I think they are still in the game because it would be a pain to remove them, so they're just... there. Wasting away I guess...
Active stone block::sigh:
At least phase them out of the game (replace active stone blocks in boulder traps with actuators).

Removing the active stone blocks will break the builds that used them back in 1.1...
World conversion tool/abandon your jungle temple-less world.[DOUBLEPOST=1414323079][/DOUBLEPOST]
What is gained from this? We don't lose anything from them being in the game, so why waste time removing them?
We lose inventory space from having Active Stone Blocks in the game.

I see your point.

But it doesn't really make any big difference if it were left alone or removed.

Pointless they may be, but removing them probably leads to people's maps breaking.
They're not really in anyone's way, are they? Just ignore them. :)

I don't see a point to them either, but it would break a lot of maps to remove them. If the terrain generation had changed to replace them when actuators first came out, then there might have been some hope of phasing them out. At this point, I think they're basically grandfathered in, though.

That kinda makes no sense, don't make them and if you do collect them trash them....
Exactly it doesn't waste inventory space if you don't collect them, Its nice to have them to see how much wiring has progressed and they don't do anything bad being in the game:p

Exactly it doesn't waste inventory space if you don't collect them, Its nice to have them to see how much wiring has progressed and they don't do anything bad being in the game:p
Pretty sure that's not what was meant. More of the fact that they take up a position as Item Number Whatever in the game's files. I don't know if the way Terraria is coded actually has limited item IDs, but if it did, then Active Stone would be a redundant item, taking up space in the game's code that something more unique and useful could go to.

Pretty sure that's not what was meant. More of the fact that they take up a position as Item Number Whatever in the game's files. I don't know if the way Terraria is coded actually has limited item IDs, but if it did, then Active Stone would be a redundant item, taking up space in the game's code that something more unique and useful could go to.
I'm sure one item wouldn't make a difference :p

One item wont take that much code

Back
Top Bottom