Biomes & Nature Jungle Saved!

Do you want the jungle to be protected?

• Yes! I only want my jungle to be protected from the corruption, none of that cross-biome nonsense.

Votes: 1,185 58.8%
  • Yes! I want the jungle to fuse with the spirits of light and dark. (Comment on what you want added.)

Votes: 628 31.2%
  • No! I love watching the jungle wither away to become a corrupt wasteland that can never be restored.

Votes: 68 3.4%
  • Uh… I don’t really care… Am I supposed to?

Votes: 135 6.7%

• Total voters
I dont really want the Crimson (though I love the crimson) contaminating the Jungle (I like the jungle too XD) but what about Oceans? oceans are a real problem, since a lot of it is off-screen, If one block you cant reach with a clentaminator gets infected, your Ocean will keep getting rekt, SAVE THE OCEANS???
Hmm... I guess that is a problem. I wonder if the Devs could make it where those biomes can't spread naturally offscreen.

You could say both the Ocean and Jungle are equal in this one issue, The Jungle, you can protect, but you have to replace the dirt with mud, and with Ocean, the sand gets fixed from the Clentaminator, however it will become infected again, I am therefore Curious, can we get a Support Banner for saving the Ocean?

You could say both the Ocean and Jungle are equal in this one issue, The Jungle, you can protect, but you have to replace the dirt with mud, and with Ocean, the sand gets fixed from the Clentaminator, however it will become infected again, I am therefore Curious, can we get a Support Banner for saving the Ocean?
Well, the thing is, the Ocean isn't that important, while the Jungle is essential to progression. Anyway, the ocean isn't really affected other than extra fishing drops and enemies.

Well, the thing is, the Ocean isn't that important, while the Jungle is essential to progression. Anyway, the ocean isn't really affected other than extra fishing drops and enemies.
Not extra, Different, it replaces the enemies, and thus the drops, besides, im pretty sure if its infected it counts as Crimson/Corruption instead of Ocean, and when you want to fight DUKE FISHRON, It has to be an "Ocean" to do it! Otherwise, you're fishing in a Crimson/Corruption. Can't beat the Lunar Events without those weapons can you?

Not extra, Different, it replaces the enemies, and thus the drops, besides, im pretty sure if its infected it counts as Crimson/Corruption instead of Ocean, and when you want to fight DUKE FISHRON, It has to be an "Ocean" to do it! Otherwise, you're fishing in a Crimson/Corruption. Can't beat the Lunar Events without those weapons can you?
Yeah, I guess it would make it a lot easier and it would block out some portions, but the clentaminator can be used. While I don't think the clentaminator is the best solution, it's not terrible.

Yeah, I guess it would make it a lot easier and it would block out some portions, but the clentaminator can be used. While I don't think the clentaminator is the best solution, it's not terrible.
Again, it would keep getting infected, and you could use the Clentaminator on the Jungle, you'd just have to place some mud, which you would be doing anyway if you farmed Chlorophyte Ore.

Again, it would keep getting infected, and you could use the Clentaminator on the Jungle, you'd just have to place some mud, which you would be doing anyway if you farmed Chlorophyte Ore.
You can't really restore the jungle that way though, placing all that mud would take forever and be impractical. If you want to, you can make another suggestion for the ocean.

I dont really want the Crimson (though I love the crimson) contaminating the Jungle (I like the jungle too XD) but what about Oceans? oceans are a real problem, since a lot of it is off-screen, If one block you cant reach with a clentaminator gets infected, your Ocean will keep getting rekt, SAVE THE OCEANS???
Fully agreed. The MAJOR problem that causes this is that the Map directly cuts off the outer 3 Squares of itself from Player Access, & this still drives my OCD totally nuts! We should be allowed access to EVERYTHING! :golem:

Fully agreed. The MAJOR problem that causes this is that the Map directly cuts off the outer 3 Squares of itself from Player Access, & this still drives my OCD totally nuts! We should be allowed access to EVERYTHING! :golem:
As an Autistic with a side case of OCD, (which isn`t uncommon, look it up), I can agree with this. When I dug my Hellivators to protect against biome spread for when I finally throw my world into Hardmode I took extra time to dig down the edges of my Ocean biomes, replacing the sand with Obsidian brick until I dug past the Ocean. The rest of my digging basically resulted in a Hellivator with the top capped off with Obsidian brick. No :red:ing way i`m letting Corruption get where I can`t reach!

As an Autistic with a side case of OCD, (which isn`t uncommon, look it up), I can agree with this. When I dug my Hellivators to protect against biome spread for when I finally throw my world into Hardmode I took extra time to dig down the edges of my Ocean biomes, replacing the sand with Obsidian brick until I dug past the Ocean. The rest of my digging basically resulted in a Hellivator with the top capped off with Obsidian brick. No :red:ing way i`m letting Corruption get where I can`t reach!

Hmm, so its like a 3-Block border on both sides of the map, so it cant spread. That would work at any time I guess, you risk draining your Ocean if you do it wrong, but I suppose that fixes the Ocean Issue XP

Hmm, so its like a 3-Block border on both sides of the map, so it cant spread. That would work at any time I guess, you risk draining your Ocean if you do it wrong, but I suppose that fixes the Ocean Issue XP
5 or 6 blocks wide and I didn`t lose my Oceans because I took Gills potions with me and dug down, filling the openings above me where the sand used to be so the Ocean wouldn`t drain out through the hole I was digging. Only a small amount of Water was lost by doing this.

5 or 6 blocks wide and I didn`t lose my Oceans because I took Gills potions with me and dug down, filling the openings above me where the sand used to be so the Ocean wouldn`t drain out through the hole I was digging. Only a small amount of Water was lost by doing this.

You could also block off the rest of the Ocean from where you're gonna dig, and use Input/Output pipes to move the water on the outside of the wall to the rest of the Ocean, you can also make Infinite Water/Lava doing this.

Back
Top Bottom