tModLoader Rockos ARPG

I think I understand what he meant. (I hope)

It's about the fact that when you open the inventory the status windows stay open. The purpose of this is to see when you equip a new set your new stats granted without going back to the previous menu. It is intended like this. Unless you play in 800x600 (Which clutter the screen), it's not that bad.

The other things is that you can't attack while in the menu for obvious reason. Like if someone was on the mirror and opened the menu and clicked on inventory he would teleport itself which is really annoying. So modded menu and options and skill window does not allow to attack. But inventory does.
oh thanks
it's fixed now and i would really love it if u would make the menus movable?
so that it wont block the inventory or the ammo part.
and are u planning to make the menus....like? thick or something?
because i can like.... see the water in the menu and also my characters legs.

oh thanks
it's fixed now and i would really love it if u would make the menus movable?
so that it wont block the inventory or the ammo part.
and are u planning to make the menus....like? thick or something?
because i can like.... see the water in the menu and also my characters legs.
true.. liquids really are a problem.. but thats with a lot of custom HUDs..

true.. liquids really are a problem.. but thats with a lot of custom HUDs..

I am aware of this. The problem is about when the hoock get called for drawing. I looked for alternatives but I didn't find one yet. The hook used for custom menu get called by playerDrawInfo which is before the liquid one. This explain the boots on screen too.

I am aware of this. The problem is about when the hoock get called for drawing. I looked for alternatives but I didn't find one yet. The hook used for custom menu get called by playerDrawInfo which is before the liquid one. This explain the boots on screen too.
so a hook is required which draws the hud AFTER the liquids.. maybe @bluemagic123 already has plans for adding such a hook? (sorry for this sneaky act..)

Loving the mod besides that some passive-nodes on the skilltree make no sence
(like random "Melee-DMG" ones that you need to skill to get to throwing/energyshield in the middle)
I see that the skilltree got inspired by PathOfExile since that one has a giant Passive-Tree too, but PoE does it better by making the nodes you need to skill to get to certain places just "Stat-points" i.e replace random Ranged/Melee nodes with HP/MP or All-dmg.

Its just personal but it bothers me when the shortest way to some throwing-skillpoints is by skilling useless Melee-DMG (when I am doing a certain class-only-run)

Also i would realy like to see the menus movable, or at least a way to move the "Status"-box, its overlapping with the "trashcan" and it also doesnt go away when using the vanilla screenshot-function so every screenshot i take this way (or even normal screenshots) have the ugly status-box in it.

Loving the mod besides that some passive-nodes on the skilltree make no sence
(like random "Melee-DMG" ones that you need to skill to get to throwing/energyshield in the middle)
I see that the skilltree got inspired by PathOfExile since that one has a giant Passive-Tree too, but PoE does it better by making the nodes you need to skill to get to certain places just "Stat-points" i.e replace random Ranged/Melee nodes with HP/MP or All-dmg.

Its just personal but it bothers me when the shortest way to some throwing-skillpoints is by skilling useless Melee-DMG (when I am doing a certain class-only-run)

Also i would realy like to see the menus movable, or at least a way to move the "Status"-box, its overlapping with the "trashcan" and it also doesnt go away when using the vanilla screenshot-function so every screenshot i take this way (or even normal screenshots) have the ugly status-box in it.

if you are talking about the 4 throwing skills at the corners of the 4 all damage skills with extras like energy shield mana and hp.. the way the stuff is positioned there is alright... maybe adding more ways into it would be better, but still... that path is the only one to get to the critical damage increasement (which is, if you get all of them a 10x multiplicator.. just btw)

if you are talking about the 4 throwing skills at the corners of the 4 all damage skills with extras like energy shield mana and hp.. the way the stuff is positioned there is alright... maybe adding more ways into it would be better, but still... that path is the only one to get to the critical damage increasement (which is, if you get all of them a 10x multiplicator.. just btw)
Yea thats the ones I am talking about, but also a lot of random DMG-Nodes for Ranged/Melee on the ways to other stuff.
Compared to the Skilltree of PoE you need to skill a handfull of skills you dont even need (in this example melee/ranged-dmg-nodes because I go throwing.
In PoE the SkillNodes that connect most of the tree are either DEX+/INT+/STR+, but here you get random Melee/Ranged-DMG.
Yes, i know this is just terraria, but why make a skilltree so you can specify what class you want to be and then you still have the random skillnodes that have nothing to do with it you to get there :p
Maybe replace the skillnodes that are the "Streets" of the skill-tree with: HP+/MP+ (Even tho a lot of build also dont need MP) Energy-Shield, All-DMG, Movespeed etc.
Just put skillnodes on the "Streets" that benefit all classes, and not random Melee/Ranged ones.

I hope you guys understand what i mean, its just weird to have the tree like that.

Yea thats the ones I am talking about, but also a lot of random DMG-Nodes for Ranged/Melee on the ways to other stuff.
Compared to the Skilltree of PoE you need to skill a handfull of skills you dont even need (in this example melee/ranged-dmg-nodes because I go throwing.
In PoE the SkillNodes that connect most of the tree are either DEX+/INT+/STR+, but here you get random Melee/Ranged-DMG.
Yes, i know this is just terraria, but why make a skilltree so you can specify what class you want to be and then you still have the random skillnodes that have nothing to do with it you to get there :p
Maybe replace the skillnodes that are the "Streets" of the skill-tree with: HP+/MP+ (Even tho a lot of build also dont need MP) Energy-Shield, All-DMG, Movespeed etc.
Just put skillnodes on the "Streets" that benefit all classes, and not random Melee/Ranged ones.

I hope you guys understand what i mean, its just weird to have the tree like that.
well... before you go on about the current skill tree, you made your opinion clear, and if rockos noticed it he can work on it on the new skill tree which he was working on for some time now. i think he himself also thought about the same issue.

all we can do for now is wait until he is done with it. but we also have to keep his reallife in mind, as he had to help with a wedding recently.

Another thing i would like to say,
the "Chance-Not-To-Consume-Ammo-Skill-Nodes" literaly dont apply to thrown things,
I realy would love to see that thrown weapons also benefit from that (maybe a lower chance) like this:

"Good Keeper" (Its a 3-tier-skill-node on the bottom of the skilltree, right to the start of ranger)
3% Chance not to consume ammo (per level)
1.5% Chance not to consume thrown weapons

(Or something like that, but for ALL "ChanceNotTOConsumeAmmo"-SkillNodes.

While we're at it, the Lifesteal Skills, dont seem to work at all.
if there should be any visuals, they arent showing at all.
i had no effects regardless, even with all the lifesteal skilled and dealing over 4k critical damage. Similar situation with the manaleech abilities

well... before you go on about the current skill tree, you made your opinion clear, and if rockos noticed it he can work on it on the new skill tree which he was working on for some time now. i think he himself also thought about the same issue.

all we can do for now is wait until he is done with it. but we also have to keep his reallife in mind, as he had to help with a wedding recently.

should also mention that attack speed abilities only affect the swinging of weapons (mainly melee). and no this wont affect the use time of spells on weapons or the digging speed of pickaxes.

should also mention that attack speed abilities only affect the swinging of weapons (mainly melee). and no this wont affect the use time of spells on weapons or the digging speed of pickaxes.
Okay that realy sucks, i didnt notice that because the bonis are so low anyways but still. Is the AttackSpeed-Boni given by DEX at least increasing it?
If not then the only benefit of putting points in DEX is the Movespeed....

Another thing for the modcreator... why replace skill-nodes on the skilltree instead of adding new ones? That would give much more options and you would be able to specificly add skills for specific types of damage and attackspeed/usespeed/time.
A skilltree with a lot of different passive-nodes would be better in my opinion then just replacing stuff for other things.
(The bigger the better *looks at PoE's Skilltree*)
Of course I dont know if its even possible for you to add more or if there are limitations on how many nodes you can add.

Okay that realy sucks, i didnt notice that because the bonis are so low anyways but still. Is the AttackSpeed-Boni given by DEX at least increasing it?
If not then the only benefit of putting points in DEX is the Movespeed....

Another thing for the modcreator... why replace skill-nodes on the skilltree instead of adding new ones? That would give much more options and you would be able to specificly add skills for specific types of damage and attackspeed/usespeed/time.
A skilltree with a lot of different passive-nodes would be better in my opinion then just replacing stuff for other things.
(The bigger the better *looks at PoE's Skilltree*)
Of course I dont know if its even possible for you to add more or if there are limitations on how many nodes you can add.
he replaced some because it was necessary for balancing. he is, like i mentioned in my earlier post, working on a new tree.

dex is increasing attack speed, yes. but it also only affects the melee weapon speed.

@Rockos here's a small list of things that may be of interest
Melee: Damage, attack speed, knockback
Ranged/throwing: Damage, Ammo Consumption, Velocity
Magic: Damage, Mana Usage, (maybe, dunno if possible without excessive tweaking) velocity
General: Health, Movement Speed, Mana, Health Regen, Mana Regen, Dodge (even though i would actually drop this), Resistance (maybe either damage reduction or debuff reduction), Critical Rate and Damage (for all types or selected types, also make the damage bonus additive and not multiplicative... currently its like "Critical damage *= 1.5;" for each critical damage ability right? i'd rather make it "Critical Damage *= 1+(0.5*count1)+(0.25*count2)+(0.1*count3); once. this way you can add different increasements in critical damage. BTW the counts are the amount of abilities of each stage leveled up.)

I'd drop defense, as it wouldnt help all that much if you have like 5000 hp with over 400 hp/s regen. the percentage for the damage reduction doesnt have to be much, maybe 0.5-1%.
As for the Regen, even though it would be more work, you can use flat values, and percentages for the actual regeneration value. having it based on the max hp/mp values is a lot. that way you might be able to have the heartless ability work on both hp and mp regeneration while containing the percentage for only mp regeneration.
the mana usage could probably be linked with the Heartless ability aswell, working as a damage reduction, in place of the actual defense.

i mentioned in the list that i'd rather drop Dodge. The reason would be that you can amass too many dex points, resulting in near 100% dodge chance in the current version. maybe with a lot of tweaking, you can actually balance it out to a max of 50%, or you make it a hard cap. the 50% would already be an effective hp increase of 100%, depending on what you actually dodge.

the energy shield is a nice idea in itself, but cant keep up with hp or heartless mp at all... maybe make it an alternate resource like heartless, for example changing 50% hp/mp to energy shield and reducing the regeneration timer for it by 50%?

seeing as this whole mod increases the power of the player, some balancing could be nice for the monsters aswell. this is just an idea, but how about trying a collaboration with the Prefixes for enemies mod made by @Hiccup251?
you could add stuff, that adds energy shield values or penalties for the player, as effects for the monsters. This is by no means a "you have to do it!".

this is just my piece of the cake.

Last edited:
seeing as this whole mod increases the power of the player, some balancing could be nice for the monsters aswell. this is just an idea, but how about trying a collaboration with the Prefixes for enemies mod made by @Hiccup251?
you could add stuff, that adds energy shield values or penalties for the player, as effects for the monsters. This is by no means a "you have to do it!".
I wouldn't be against such a thing. I haven't used this mod myself, but it seems like a candidate for some kind of add-on. Depending on how this mod is written, though, it could be easy or impossible to implement.

All the ideas are good.

For those who want to know, the tree has no limit to the number of skill I can add. The only limit is the time itself. Which I don't have. But otherwise there could be over 1500 skill node or 5000 skill node. Nothing is capped. It's all coded. So adding skills is not hard. It's only time consuming.

For the changes, I am far of being done. I will try to release some bugfixe but there will be no change at the current skill tree in the next update.

Hello, My friends and I are having trouble with this mod. I do not know if the issue is with TModloader or the mod itself, but we cannot take damage. When I see my friend take damage, it restores the bar to full, then applies the damage. When on my own hud, the bar just flickers whatever damage it was suppost to take, then restores to full.

I have also tried the same build on Singleplayer, and it worked fine.

Last edited:
Hello, My friends and I are having trouble with this mod. I do not know if the issue is with TModloader or the mod itself, but we cannot take damage. When I see my friend take damage, it restores the bar to full, then applies the damage. When on my own hud, the bar just flickers whatever damage it was suppost to take, then restores to full.

I have also tried the same build on Singleplayer, and it worked fine.

It's probably not broken. You've probably levelled up your regen and health enough to the point where that happens. I'm at the point where I can stand in one spot and fire arrows, and the moon Lord will hit me all he wants, but he will never kill me.

It's probably not broken. You've probably levelled up your regen and health enough to the point where that happens. I'm at the point where I can stand in one spot and fire arrows, and the moon Lord will hit me all he wants, but he will never kill me.
No, We are at the point where the game has literally just started. We never even got to the point of cutting a tree.

Back
Top Bottom