tModLoader Better take a Drill - drill counterparts for all pickaxes except lunar

Should I combine Better take a drill with Better take a Chainsaw

• Yes

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I do not care

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

dennisw100

Official Terrarian
Please delete this thread I have combine this mod whit my Better take a Chainsaw mod

New Thread here

Better take a Drill is a small mod it adds new drills based on all pickaxes (except lunar) that do not have a drill counterpart in Terraria yet.
LX6hSuq.png
Bk00kRB.png
HYaw3Wc.png
CYPo95A.png
CVZ9vio.png
uBB6Rlv.png
cW52jGk.png
ao8jwqX.png
ULlijM5.png
g27ZKPo.png
qBLkaPx.png
VSSOvvh.png
smIpij2.png
iMvIjiW.png
Dh6mr7Q.png
CfX35Kl.png
M35s0sr.png
b4Qrr7i.png

The first 13 drills have the same recipe as their pickaxe counterpart, the next 2 drills can be crafted with their pickaxe counterpart on an Anvil, the next one can be crafted the same way on an Demon Altar and the last drill can be crafted the same way on an Lihzahrd Altar.
The last drill has the same stats as his pickaxe counterpart.
The Specter Drill has 27 Damage and 1,25 knockback and the rest be the same.
The Shroomite Digging Drillclaw has 40 Damage and 2 knockback and the rest be the same.
The other drills have the same stats as the pickaxes except for the knockback. (They do not have knockback.)​
Sorry for my bad english.
Download: from the in-game Mod Browser or here.

Latest version was made using tModLoader v0.8
v1.2:
  • The Shroomite Digging Drillclaw was added
v1.1:
  • The Drilltooth Shark was added
v1.0:
  • Initial release!
This mod is licensed under the MIT License, which means that this mod is open-source.

Therefore, if I stop updating this mod and you want to do it yourself, feel free to do it! You can release your version to the public, as long as you credit me as the original author and don't change the license.
06k7v4r.png

Code:
[URL='http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/better-take-a-drill-drill-counterparts-for-all-pickaxes-except-lunar.42626/'][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/06k7v4r.png[/IMG][/URL]

Last edited:
well it looks cool maybe you don't have to but maybe add it as a quest from angler or make it found in the ocean from killing a certain enemy?

Did you try using them ? and using the pickaxe counterpart ? I'am not hating, I had the same idea long ago... but the drills are SO SLOW ! Compare copper drill to copper pickaxe.

you should combine this with Better take a chainsaw & make the lunar tools then you should add a summoner hat to all of the sets without.. maybe you could even make a boss? :0
I think Dennis only adds tools with this mod. He wont add hats or even a boss.

Did you try using them ? and using the pickaxe counterpart ? I'am not hating, I had the same idea long ago... but the drills are SO SLOW ! Compare copper drill to copper pickaxe.
I tried it. I did destroy the same amount of blocks with drill and pcikaxe. Result was ~5 sec for both copper items. Maybe you just think it is slower, because of the sound and animation of the drill?

I would really like to see a large drill added to this mod as to reference Gurren Lagann's Giga Drill Break. "The Drill that pierces the Hallow!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom