Weapons & Equip New Shroomite Stuff!

stormconure

Duke Fishron
Shroomite is often thought of as an upgrade to chlorophyte, because of its better tool, armor, and the Hoverboard. However, there are no shroomite weapons (unless you count the Claw). I always thought this was rather strange. Why make an upgraded variant of Chlorophyte if it doesn't have weapons?

Then I thought of something else: Shroomite is specialized for Rangers in everything but the Claw. Its armor is for rangers only, and rangers often fly more to shoot from a distance (bringing the Hoverboard into play). This makes it all the more fitting to make it have weapons; but this time, only ranged weapons.

Here I have put together some ideas for weapons made of shroomite. Each corresponds to a different armor set. Thanks to @Milt69466 for the sprites!

SHROOMITE ROCKET LAUNCHER
index.php

Damage: 40 ranged
Knockback: average
Attack Speed: 40
Velocity: average
Ammo: any rocket
Crafting: 30 shroomite bars + 1 illegal gun parts + 5 souls of might
Attack Details: (thanks to @SzGamer227 for the idea) rockets are cluster bombs that launch 3 mini rockets after exploding. Mini rockets are 1/3 as powerful as the original and will not destroy blocks, even if they are IIs or IVs.

SHROOMITE MACHINE GUN
index.php

Damage: 30 ranged
Knockback: strong
Attack Speed: 6
Velocity: fast
Ammo: any bullet
Crafting: 30 shroomite bars + 1 illegal gun parts + 5 souls of sight
Attack Details: bullets are somewhat spread out, slightly more accurate than the chain gun. 50% chance not to consume ammo.

SHROOMITE REPEATER
index.php

Damage: 34 ranged
Knockback: average
Attack Speed: 10
Velocity: moderately slow
Ammo: any arrow
Crafting: 30 shroomite bars + 1 illegal gun parts + 5 souls of fright
Attack Details: fires a volley of 2-4 arrows, while only 1 arrow is consumed. Arrows are unretrievable. Arrows home in on enemies, but remain the same actual arrow. 20% chance not to consume ammo. Also (again, thanks to SzGamer) the arrows can travel at varying velocities, from medium speed to very fast.

What do you think? Is this a good idea?

Last edited:
The Rocket launcher doesn't make much sense. You typically get Shroomite before the Rocket Launcher, so for it to be upgraded as soon as you get one is a bit weird.

The Machine Gun beats the Chain Gun, assuming the usetimes are close (Chain Gun's base damage is also only 31). It doesn't make much sense because the Chain Gun is at a higher tier than this machine gun.

I don't get what's special about the repeater? It has less base damage than the Titanium Repeater, so what is special about it?

Also, it would help a lot if you actually say the usetimes as a number rather than saying a vague word to describe it. It is especially important for quick weapons, as a weapon with a usetime of 4 is 20% faster than one with a usetime of 5. Making up usetime is quite simple as 60 frames = 1 second. A weapon with 60usetime fires once every second. A weapon with 30 usetime fires twice every second...

The Rocket launcher doesn't make much sense. You typically get Shroomite before the Rocket Launcher, so for it to be upgraded as soon as you get one is a bit weird.

The Machine Gun beats the Chain Gun, assuming the usetimes are close (Chain Gun's base damage is also only 31). It doesn't make much sense because the Chain Gun is at a higher tier than this machine gun.

I don't get what's special about the repeater? It has less base damage than the Titanium Repeater, so what is special about it?

Also, it would help a lot if you actually say the usetimes as a number rather than saying a vague word to describe it. It is especially important for quick weapons, as a weapon with a usetime of 4 is 20% faster than one with a usetime of 5. Making up usetime is quite simple as 60 frames = 1 second. A weapon with 60usetime fires once every second. A weapon with 30 usetime fires twice every second...
1. Should i replace the benus magnum in the recipe with a chain gun?
2. Should i increase the repeater's damage?
3. I will consider the usetime thing, but the game always says exactly what i put here.
[DOUBLEPOST=1414356895][/DOUBLEPOST]
All of those weapons would make the weapons used to craft them obsolete too quickly.
They arent obsolete; you need them to craft the higher tier ones.

That still makes them obsolete as their own weapons. No support, there's no real reason to. And the same or even more might be said about spectre and beetle...

FYI, use real stats when making a suggestion. "Insanely fast" and "average" are ridiculously loose terms.
This has been adressed already, i have started calculating the times and will update it soon.

I was thinking more things like swords or spells. But nonetheless we need more uses for an expensive material like shroomite. I support.
P.S. Why craft the chlorophyte machine gun with a venus magnum? Why not a chain gun?

I was thinking more things like swords or spells. But nonetheless we need more uses for an expensive material like shroomite. I support.
P.S. Why craft the chlorophyte machine gun with a venus magnum? Why not a chain gun?
I was thinking cuz the chaingun is kinda lategame... Do you think the chain gun is a better option?

There's really no reason to add extra shroomite stuff. Sure, it could be interesting, but if you're going to justify it like that take on beetle husks first. Or even ectoplasm.

1. Should i replace the benus magnum in the recipe with a chain gun?
2. Should i increase the repeater's damage?
3. I will consider the usetime thing, but the game always says exactly what i put here.

1. Chain gun is already end-game. It makes little sense to give it an upgrade with materials that come before this part of progression.

2. The Shotbow has a base damage of 34, but it can fire three arrows adding up to 132damage per. This does not include the extra damage you would be getting from arrows. The repeater before this (Hallowed) has a base of 43 damage and is two frames faster. If you want this repeater to be an upgrade from the Shotbow, it needs to have plenty of damage to boast about, even if it is 132 base damage at the same speed as the shotbow.

I assumed at first that these weapons had some ability to make them worthwhile, but it turns out they have none. If you want to give them something unique so you don't have to buff up their stats ridiculously, this idea will probably be more attractive.

1. Chain gun is already end-game. It makes little sense to give it an upgrade with materials that come before this part of progression.

2. The Shotbow has a base damage of 34, but it can fire three arrows adding up to 132damage per. This does not include the extra damage you would be getting from arrows. The repeater before this (Hallowed) has a base of 43 damage and is two frames faster. If you want this repeater to be an upgrade from the Shotbow, it needs to have plenty of damage to boast about, even if it is 132 base damage at the same speed as the shotbow.

I assumed at first that these weapons had some ability to make them worthwhile, but it turns out they have none. If you want to give them something unique so you don't have to buff up their stats ridiculously, this idea will probably be more attractive.
I guess what i could do is not relate these to any other weapons at all, and make them their own class. Would that be more realistic? Or are you gonna say thats bad too?

I guess what i could do is not relate these to any other weapons at all, and make them their own class. Would that be more realistic? Or are you gonna say thats bad too?
That could be nice if they were unique. Think about Hammush and the Mushroom Spear, and have a unique concept for these. Could be interesting then, but right now it seems too bland and overpowered.

You tend to have well-fleshed-out ideas, and they're developed enough that a general range suffices.
So, what difference does that make? Yes baconfry works harder on threads than i do, but that shouldnt make it ok for him to use what you call "vague terms" and not me.

Anyway, just updated OP, changed everything up a bit. Also nerfed all their damage values.

So, what difference does that make? Yes baconfry works harder on threads than i do, but that shouldnt make it ok for him to use what you call "vague terms" and not me.

Anyway, just updated OP, changed everything up a bit. Also nerfed all their damage values.
The difference is that his threads tend to be elaborated differently; when his threads have had vague terms usually the weapon itself has a special, unique attribute described, which is the focus. Here, the focus is/was pure dps without any unique effects, and especially for something with as high speed as the machine gun, one use time could make it 20% faster.

Back
Top Bottom