What do YOU rate Terraria?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Appear

Golem
Hello everyone!

I want to see what the people who are on the forums generally think of Terraria. So I made a poll where you can vote from 1 - 10.
After 5 weeks from now this poll will be closed an I will gather all the data and calculate the average. Then this will be what the forums have decided!
So!
What do YOU rate Terraria?!

THE POLL IS FINISHED. THE END RESULTS: 8.9!

(Based on 74 votes).

Last edited:
Is there really any point to this? Just play it if its fun and if not, find something else to suit your fancy.

But with that being said it is a great 2d sandbox. I just wish the modding community was as big as minecraft's. Can't say much for console or mobile but pc is good.

Is there really any point to this? Just play it if its fun and if not, find something else to suit your fancy.

But with that being said it is a great 2d sandbox. I just wish the modding community was as big as minecraft's. Can't say much for console or mobile but pc is good.

Well, I wanted to do this because I think it can be fun just to see. And I agree, too small modding community :(

Well, I wanted to do this because I think it can be fun just to see. And I agree, too small modding community :(
well the difference and point for terraria is it has way more content on its own so it doesnt necessarily needs mods.

well the difference and point for terraria is it has way more content on its own so it doesnt necessarily needs mods.
I totally agree with you, I feel like the developers are the modders themselves. But I was more pointing towards the general modders. I know Terraria don't need many modders at all, but the fact that there are few modders is what we discussed :)

I totally agree with you, I feel like the developers are the modders themselves. But I was more pointing towards the general modders. I know Terraria don't need many modders at all, but the fact that there are few modders is what we discussed :)
well ok then. but back in the 1.1 days there were some really good mods.

But i know what you mean. Most Terraria mods are always like total conversions or mods that tweak like nearly every aspect of the game.

There are no single mods for like adding a new mob or a single new item and stuff like it is with minecraft mods ( in addition to the big packages )

But tbh and that was my point i dont miss them in Terraria.

My vote goes to 5/10.....the game is good for what it is but no mods or mod support, petty attitude about vanity items, didn't want to release DRM-free until their profits were going down, small worlds, few biomes and so on. Too many issues and problems that are just unnecessary. For Terraria 2 they will have to learn from Starbound which I would rate as a 9/10 for the Beta.

My vote goes to 5/10.....the game is good for what it is but no mods or mod support, petty attitude about vanity items, didn't want to release DRM-free until their profits were going down, small worlds, few biomes and so on. Too many issues and problems that are just unnecessary. For Terraria 2 they will have to learn from Starbound which I would rate as a 9/10 for the Beta.

i was pretty hyped for starbound and was an early backer but when the game entered the so called beta phase ( more of an early alpha ) i was very disappointed of that game. I hope it will be much better when it finally releases but as it is now
Terraria is superior in most terms.
sure in Starbound you have that infinite Space and 7 Races but thats it. nothing remarkable Bosses are lame no no need to collect things like collecting armors and weapons in Terraria which i always describe as a feature. Terraria just feels way more polished which is ok since its a released game and not in alpha anymore but i think your metascore is far from realistic.

I dont want to be offensive but for me it sounds like you did not put that much effort in playing Terraria and are just still hyped for Starbound a game which could not deliver till now. Also you have to think about that Terraria did not start as a backed up Game with a budget of more than a million Us Dollars like Starbound.
And what the devs are doing right now ( Giving the game those massive updates like 1.2 and hopefully soon 1.3 ) is amazing.
Starbound maybe a bit better in the far future but right now theres nothing noteworthy thats not done better in Terraria.

I give it a 9/10 as 10/10 kind of implies a perfect game.. but the game does have a few flaws. There are a few parts which require excessive grinding (wall of flesh emblems) and mining around for hardmode ores is the most boring thing ever.. but the rest of the game is incredibly fun. It's definitely my most played game ever and was definitely worth the 10 bucks.. now knowing what I had bought, I feel I underpaid!

I don't think going to a place full of fanatics of something and asking if they like that something.
But good job on the effort! :D

I was hyped for Starbound, backed it too. But damn, that game just repelled me right off. For me, it was not simple enough, because that is what makes Terraria so great. Its simple graphics, simple mechanics but yet so advanced. Even new players can install the game and play it without trouble. For me, Starbound is too much. It kinda feels like a Terraria mod.

You forgot the quotes, tho. What "the forums" have "decided."

And really guys, keep KickStartbound out, specially when it's to compare how the players need to fix a :red:ty game with how Terraria pretty much keeps fixing itself - or downvoting the game due to entitlement over items you're not supposed to use. Although this just proves why the poll is rather pointless, petty reasons will provide petty votes.

You forgot the quotes, tho. What "the forums" have "decided."

And really guys, keep KickStartbound out, specially when it's to compare how the players need to fix a :red:ty game with how Terraria pretty much keeps fixing itself - or downvoting the game due to entitlement over items you're not supposed to use. Although this just proves why the poll is rather pointless, petty reasons will provide petty votes.
If you are coming here to denigrate this thread please, just leave.

Yeah, should have known that would be the reaction. But you're right anyhow - I don't need to mock this thread. It does a fine job at it all by itself.

By the way, 7/10, based on the game alone, without needing to bring in pathetic rip-offs which exist only because one Terraria lackey wasn't getting enough money from this game.

No game is perfect, no game in the history of games has ever deserved a 10, so it's a 9/10 from me, a score I rarely give to games. But with over 1600 hours of game time and many other people having very high game hours this game proves to me that it has everything to keep people entertained for a long time.

I'm pretty sure you accidentally switched the numbers around. o_O If the Starbound devs would actually get their heads out of their arses and decide to make a decent game out of their boring dirt digging simulator then maybe it'd deserve a 9.

9/10 for Starbound Beta? R U KRAZY?! THe progression is stupid , it requires lots minegrinding , the whole thing is incomplete , there's only a single boss that is worth being called a boss ,the first 10 minutes of the game are actually good , but then everything becomes the same thing over and over again. Most of the mods aren't even good.

Anyway,
I rate Terraria 1/1 jk , 7.5/10 , Terraria is great , it's not perfect but is a quite good game.

I rated 9/10, because the start of the game is rather boring. After you get past the Wall of Flesh (imo), it becomes incredibly entertaining.

Also, who rated 1/10? WHY?!

lol i forgot to vote after i was shocked about that starbound fanboy.

Well i also give Terraria a 9/10
cuz like mentioned before no game is perfect and the reason for that is that game cannot please every single customer. Everyone likes and dislikes different things.
But Terraria is 1 of the memorable Games that gets very near to perfection also counting it only costs 10 dollars ( 10 euros here but i still feel i underpaid ). One of the best Items in my Steam account Price/Playtime wise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom