3DS Frost Moon & More Coming Soon to Terraria on 3DS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're aiming to have it out by mid May latest, but we're in Nintendo's hands now. I'll update with a firm date once I have it.
nintendo is kinda Eh when it comes to patches, But games like smash bros get patches every milisecond
[doublepost=1461708273,1461708223][/doublepost]
Also, I must say, I honestly value these Quality of Life changes over more content, so this is very much appreciated.
they make everything alot easier

Yeah, the crowd is always so eager to get new content that I'm always nervous the dev team is going to focus more on content than stability and quality of life changes, I'm glad that the devs are working on everything that's needed.

I see content updates stopping pretty soon for both 3DS and Vita sadly. considering the PS Vita version's memory leak issue will most likely be the same if the game progresses too far into updates I don't see it getting too much further along. Even the Vita has issues keeping up with current updates without crashing or otherwise. However I do hope there can be a workaround in the future to allow us to enjoy further updates at optimized levels.

As with everyone else, it makes me happy to see that the 3DS version alone has such a large community behind it. I personally never thought it would go very far when the game first launched, especially with multiplayer being unstable. It amazes me how you guys at 505 have made it all happen, and news about the addition of the Frost Moon just continues to impress me.

I think the only main thing to fix was the fishing mechanic. graphically it doesn't cast like it should.

I approve of all but one thing on this update, the removal of passive miner's helmet illumination, but that's just me being upset at the fact that I've never obtained a light-pet

Super exited with this update! Hope it comes soon! Frost Moon is definitely appreciated amongst all the fixes!
Is this a complete comprehensive list of all the content? Or are there other goodies (not just content, also fixes)?
Anyway, thanks Deanzor!

that's what I meant by "elements" but yeah I had no idea but I hope it doesn't run into similar issues to the Vita version.

Super exited with this update! Hope it comes soon! Frost Moon is definitely appreciated amongst all the fixes!
Is this a complete comprehensive list of all the content? Or are there other goodies (not just content, also fixes)?
Anyway, thanks Deanzor!

No, that's all of it. Or at least everything I can boil down to a tangible benefit to the player. There's always a load of under the hood tinkering - we had to do a load of work optimising and rebalancing the North Pole for example - but that's just work to make other things work.

Hope you all enjoy the update - it's a bit later than I would have liked, but we kept finding important things to address.

Oh, and a note on the map picture in the first post: that was indeed taken from a test kit. The in game map won't let you have that level of zoom. It's there to show you that the dungeons are larger now, and the fun starts happening higher up in the world.

Cheers, everyone!

No, that's all of it. Or at least everything I can boil down to a tangible benefit to the player. There's always a load of under the hood tinkering to get stuff to work - we had to do a load of work optimising and rebalancing the North Pole for example - but that's just work to make other things work.

Hope you all enjoy the update - it's a bit later than I would have liked, but we kept finding important thins to address.

Oh, and a note on the map picture in the first post: that was indeed taken from a test kit. The in game map won't let you have that level of zoom. It's there to show you that the dungeons are larger now, and the fun starts happening higher up in the world.

Cheers, everyone!

So the world limits higher now? If I read it right from what you are saying.

So the world limits higher now? If I read it right from what you are saying.

No, the world is the same height. But if, say the dungeon started to spawn at 200 blocks depth, it now spawns at 50. Those aren't the actual numbers, that's just for illustration. We've basically allocated more of the space we have to the dungeons.

No, the world is the same height. But if, say the dungeon started to spawn at 200 blocks depth, it now spawns at 50. Those aren't the actual numbers, that's just for illustration. We've basically allocated more of the space we have to the dungeons.
All good! Lots of great news in this update. More than worth the wait.

@Deanzor what does the A button exactly do in the new update, i didnt really understand it

It does the same as it did before. The difference is that the pop up to interact with a chest used to be relative to the player. So you had to be stood next to a chest to get the pop up to interact with it. Now, if you move the cursor with the dpad, the interact becomes cursor relative. So instead of standing next to the chest you want, you can directly move the aim cursor to it. It will help you target things if, say, you have a row of chests all together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom