tModLoader The Thorium Mod

it'd be nice if the moon charm was crafted with carnivore tails, an emblem, and/or souls of night (moon charm is such an annoying item to find, ive farmed at least 3 full moons in this run and got none)

I like that there are bosses for early hardmode and post-mech/pre-plantera, but I think that some of the regular weapon drops from the litch (wither staff) are a too weak to call it a "post-mech boss"

im currently on an expert mode magic run: im using demon blood armor(because i haven't made any good armor in a long time) the hallow spawned in the jungle so getting harbinger is gonna take a while. Ive defeated the golem and am mostly using the spectre/demon blood weapons and inferno fork. So far magic has been interesting and very different from regular terraria (its weird to not be using spectre for spam heals).

it'd be nice if the moon charm was crafted with carnivore tails, an emblem, and/or souls of night (moon charm is such an annoying item to find, ive farmed at least 3 full moons in this run and got none)

I like that there are bosses for early hardmode and post-mech/pre-plantera, but I think that some of the regular weapon drops from the litch (wither staff) are a too weak to call it a "post-mech boss"

im currently on an expert mode magic run: im using demon blood armor(because i haven't made any good armor in a long time) the hallow spawned in the jungle so getting harbinger is gonna take a while. Ive defeated the golem and am mostly using the spectre/demon blood weapons and inferno fork. So far magic has been interesting and very different from regular terraria (its weird to not be using spectre for spam heals).
so you are doing a magic playthrough eh? then use the titanium staff, is unbelievably powerful, to the point where i was using it up to the nebula pillar, and this was on expert mode.

So...a black recluse just happened to drop a Frozen Key while I was farming souls of night.
thanks rng but this is a melee run
a9b5af1dd9.jpg

Did I mention I didn't beat any mech boss yet?

So I noticed when reading through current content that there no sections for corruption, crimson, or hollow?
o_O
I don't think any new mobs were added but there are some new weapons added that involved them. Namely some staffs and bows.

Alright, how does the Ocean set work? And what is "non-lethal damage"
I think your referring to the demon blood set, but yeah if you have 100 life and get hit for like 100 or more, even though you might "block" it, you'll still perish.

One thing I like, but simultaniously hate, is the VARIETY in this mod.

Certainly a lot of toys in this toybox. Too many!
The original design philosophy of this mod was for many people to play, I'm talking 4 to 6 people all at once. Allowing yourself to use vanilla items, accessories and armors, everyone would be allowed to be unique with different specialized attributes, while having weaker other ones. That's primarily while you'll find a lot of items in the mod have drawbacks and decreases in stats. The issue with that, is that ironically, multiplayer "doesnt" work too well, so what your left with is an insane amount of items all meant for different purposes to the point that it can be kinda overwhelming...

The original design philosophy of this mod was for many people to play, I'm talking 4 to 6 people all at once. Allowing yourself to use vanilla items, accessories and armors, everyone would be allowed to be unique with different specialized attributes, while having weaker other ones. That's primarily while you'll find a lot of items in the mod have drawbacks and decreases in stats. The issue with that, is that ironically, multiplayer "doesnt" work too well, so what your left with is an insane amount of items all meant for different purposes to the point that it can be kinda overwhelming...
I knew that was the meaning of the Thorium thing you put in your signature since the 1.2 version of the mod..

one thing im wondering about, what is going to be happening next in terms of content updates? An expansion to post ragnarok? or maybe balancing of items and such, of course there is the healer class too, but as you said above, multiplayer is just plain broken on most ends, also, is it possible to add invasion events/ time based events like the pumpkin moon and the solar eclipse?.

Man my mage playthrough is FINALLY starting to go somewhere. I got the crappiest world gen with zero caves and deserts and crimson on both sides of me. Also I just found the Good Book on Patchwerk is that intentional? I feel like it might be because of him not dropping his old item and the Good Book is using that id slot if it isn't. Thought I'd mention that anyways.

Also yeah there are A LOT of items in this but that's not a bad thing. Though I still think there should be more involved with Thorium itself.

one thing im wondering about, what is going to be happening next in terms of content updates? An expansion to post ragnarok? or maybe balancing of items and such, of course there is the healer class too, but as you said above, multiplayer is just plain broken on most ends, also, is it possible to add invasion events/ time based events like the pumpkin moon and the solar eclipse?.
In my opinion, the mod should have a storyline behind it...
More events would be cool.

Back
Top Bottom