tModLoader The Thorium Mod

wow i lost so many titanium because of the titanium staff nerf. thanks, it's nearly usless now... but the other stuff of the mod is extremely well made and helpful against the vanilla bosses.

wow i lost so many titanium because of the titanium staff nerf. thanks, it's nearly usless now... but the other stuff of the mod is extremely well made and helpful against the vanilla bosses.

I doubt it's THAT bad. I'm gonna make one right now and compare it to the adamantite staff as well and find out.

Analysis complete. I only needed to take 2 looks to figure this out.

Yeah, it's useless in the same way that minions or nimbus rod is. A decent damaging, automatic, piercing attack that keeps going while you switch to another weapon, that ALSO can be put anywhere on the screen with no strings attached? Let me spell out the sarcasm in case it's not clear, there's nothing bad about an automatic DPS increaser that does well at clearing trash if you so much as can SEE them. Staff is good. It's not a boss shredder, it's merely average there, but it will KICK :red: at invasions and events.

Last edited:
Another balance related post. Devil's Carapace. It's good. In fact it may just be the most important survival accessory you can ever find. The +4 life regen is the reason. It made my Destroyer fight with low-ish defense... doable?

I think this thing on TOP of berserker armor last run is why things got broken wide open. These life regen points are huuuge when you start stacking them up with any sort of quantity.

Edit: And by the way, Lich is pretty tough now. Still low on the HP side, One component of the Twins have as much HP as both forms combined, but he hits like an absolute truck and I've yet to be able to beat him in 3 or so tries.

Last edited:
Edit: And by the way, Lich is pretty tough now. Still low on the HP side, One component of the Twins have as much HP as both forms combined, but he hits like an absolute truck and I've yet to be able to beat him in 3 or so tries.
Does the fight seem more solid over all now as well...? In terms of gameplay and visuals of course.

Last edited:
Does the fight seem more solid over all now as well...? In terms of gameplay and visuals of course.

Yeah. I didn't even see the new thing until after I posted. It's a good fight now. It's rather tough, and the added mechanic really spices it up. The low HP is justified now, it could remain the way it is now and I wouldn't complain. Health feels low, but at the same time, raising it could make it too hard, or worse, make the rewards for winning not worth it. Nicely done.

Alright so I just test fought him for you and this fight is way more intense now. While still kind of squishy he has a large amount of projectiles and is quite fast especially in expert mode. Also his new sprite when he changes is real nice. I tried fighting him as a mage character. I used Titanium Armor, Titanium staff, Dread Staff, and a couple of potions. Accessories were basic stuff and used the Beholder mount. With this set up he was difficult but definitely doable. So I could see him fitting in perfectly where he's at right now.

Is there a way to get an earlier version? I am looking for v.1.2.6.21 because the current version isn't compatible with all of the mods I am running.

The Soul Cleaver's killing enemies consecutively will release Soul Fragments does not work in multiplayer. Although the ability is kinda weak when the fight certain bosses like the Moon lord, as the Moon lord doesn't really spawn any mobs to kill.

Last edited:
I'm wondering what's the best ranged armor this provides[I've changed to ranged and doing much better than mage]?
Cause as like with my mage attempt I'm stuck on Skeletron.
I have the Bramble Shot bow with Thorium Armor, Thorium Shield, Shield of Cthulhu, Flurry Boots, Band of Replenishment, and Flight Wings.
I have also some accs that ups my ranged damage but I can't seem to do much in the way of damage.

Whats needed for the Borean striders to spawn? I want the staff they drop so i can change out my boring chlorophyte staff.

Something i noticed is that there is a lack of ranger armour compared to the mage and meelee armours. I think adding a armour made from the contained thorium could be cool

Back
Top Bottom