3DS 3DS KNOWN ISSUES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a heads up to anybody that likes to play multiplayer! WARNING! Be careful when updating your game to 1.0.2.

When playing 2 player, I've been experiencing some weird glitches. Doors will become broken for one player. They will place for a moment, then disappear. The doors will appear for one player, but not the other. Your houses will become broken/with no defense from monsters.

The doors sometimes become elongated and are placed impossibly on top of each other, making them look too tall. Eventually they just break and you're able to pick them up. Blocks connected to your doors are also affected, often destroying themselves.

Tried rebooting the game, tried making new worlds and characters, tried repairing software.

This wasn't happening before we updated, so if it's something that may ruin your experience then perhaps you'll want to stay on the old version. Has anyone else been seeing this happen?

Edit:

Also, you cannot eat fish. The game is still crashing. It's frustrating to play.

Last edited:
I don't plan to roll back anyway. This doesn't concern me. I know Nintendo is a stickler for quality control, and I'm sure this update will have as few bugs as possible.

Just a heads up to anybody that likes to play multiplayer! WARNING! Be careful when updating your game to 1.0.2.

When playing 2 player, I've been experiencing some weird glitches. Doors will become broken for one player. They will place for a moment, then disappear. The doors will appear for one player, but not the other. Your houses will become broken/with no defense from monsters.

The doors sometimes become elongated and are placed impossibly on top of each other, making them look too tall. Eventually they just break and you're able to pick them up. Blocks connected to your doors are also affected, often destroying themselves.

Tried rebooting the game, tried making new worlds and characters, tried repairing software.

This wasn't happening before we updated, so if it's something that may ruin your experience then perhaps you'll want to stay on the old version. Has anyone else been seeing this happen?

Edit:

Also, you cannot eat fish. The game is still crashing. It's frustrating to play.

How does the game exactly crash on 3ds? I've never seen it happen. Does it freeze?

this is most likely the equivalent to the PS Vita C2-12828-1 error code..meaning it's a memory leak which means it's about that time where the 3DS can't do anything more with the game sadly. having nearly half the RAM of the PS Vita it doesn't surprise me. Your game will crash because there are points the game can't handle so it shuts down.

@Deanzor do you have a estimate of when the NoA patch will come out?

All I can tell you is we submitted the code to Nintendo a week ago, and the testing process usually takes two weeks at most. From there, it's a few more days to propagate to the eShop for release. Because we've asked for it to be released as soon as possible, we need to wait for Nintendo to tell us when that can be. If we'd picked an arbitrary date, say, a month in the future, we know we could hit that. But that would mean the patch had to come out on that date. I want it with you as soon as it's done, but that means we're all frustratingly in the dark at present.

So adding the zoom out option will make the game lag alot but what about zooming in. It can be done becuse the building mode is zoomed in. And maybe diferent scales of magnification.

We could do it, but it would look bad. You have to be careful with scaling assets on a low res screen like 3DS has. If we don't use the assets at a 2x multiplier of their original size, you start to get scaling artifacts. You'd zoom in a bit, and the player would start to twitch when you moved him around. Trees would start to oscilliate. Whatever problem you imagine more zoom in would solve, you'd change your mind when you saw it in action I think.

Okay guys, I have some bad news to report.

European gamers will get the patch later this week, but we hit a last-minute snag with the American version. I know you guys are sick of hearing about delays, and I want to be totally transparent about what happened.

As the update adds new content, the save games cannot be be backwards compatible. If you have a 1.02 save and you roll your game back to 1.00, the save game won't work on the older version. It can't: if your save game has v1.02 items, the 1.00 game won't know what they are. So save games not being backwards compatible is expected - and necessary - behaviour.

Unfortunately, we didn't 'future proof' the 1.00 code properly. Instead of it saying 'that save is from a newer version, I can't load that', the game tried to load it and encountered a fatal error. Nintendo of America needed us to implement this differently so that the fatal error was avoided.

Fixing that is tricky, because we can't go back and add code to the 1.00 version to handle this better. That version is out there and on carts. Instead, we had to change how 1.02 deals with save games.

So now, when you update to 1.02 the game changes the save games so that a rolled back 1.0 version no longer recognises them as save games. So if you roll back, you get nothing.

When patching, we already had a warning in place saying that unpatching would render the save games unusable. So all of this behaviour is intended.

There should never be a reason to roll back on the EU version, but if you do the saves will not load.

Rolling back on the US game means you will not see any saves - but they will be there for you again when you re-update.

It's absolutely on us to have handled this better, and we were happy to work with Nintendo to find a solution. I'll keep you posted on the progress through submission and the go-live date once I get it.

Apologies.
Maybe one thing that could be done to avoid this problem and others like it, maybe a creative mode could be added? For ones who enjoy building and don't feel like farming for the resources for eternity. Or to also get back accidentally deleted items, or any mistakes that could have happened. For example, my world file was suddenly deleted and I lost everything I had collected. And I didnt play the game for a while after because I was frustrated and wanted to build but couldn't. :/

Maybe one thing that could be done to avoid this problem and others like it, maybe a creative mode could be added? For ones who enjoy building and don't feel like farming for the resources for eternity. Or to also get back accidentally deleted items, or any mistakes that could have happened. For example, my world file was suddenly deleted and I lost everything I had collected. And I didnt play the game for a while after because I was frustrated and wanted to build but couldn't. :/
It is annoying sometimes I have deleted my stuff like that, but this isn't Minecraft. And because of the way Terraria works people could easily cheat with this. Like online cheating.

It is annoying sometimes I have deleted my stuff like that, but this isn't Minecraft. And because of the way Terraria works people could easily cheat with this. Like online cheating.
But a thing they could do is make it locked to creative mode. You create a Creative Mode character, and a creative mode world that can only be played with a creative mode character. A little confusing but I think I said it right :p

But a thing they could do is make it locked to creative mode. You create a Creative Mode character, and a creative mode world that can only be played with a creative mode character. A little confusing but I think I said it right :p
I see what you mean. That's a whole new update though. PC would get this way before us. Like 1.4 could be just this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom