3DS Frost Moon & More Coming Soon to Terraria on 3DS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know when the update gets released for Nintendo of Japan?
...Can Japanese players receive updates in the first place? If not I'll throw myself into lava in the underworld instead of a voodoo doll.

Last edited:
Does anyone know when the update gets released for Nintendo of Japan?
...Can Japanese players receive updates in the first place? If not I'll throw myself into lava in the underworld instead of a voodoo doll.
i think it will be next week and idk if you can get it asap

Hi. I just picked this up yesterday on the eshop sell and have been playing a few hours on my N3DS. Everything seems great so far but every time i craft a new weapon/item there are always the same? I own both the Pc and 360 versions and on there they have random modifiers on items. Does the 3ds not have this feature? The random items is one of my fav things about this game, it gives it a sort of Diablo style loot hunt feeling to me.
Anyway i was just wondering if im just unlucky or if its impossible? Thanks

Hi. I just picked this up yesterday on the eshop sell and have been playing a few hours on my N3DS. Everything seems great so far but every time i craft a new weapon/item there are always the same? I own both the Pc and 360 versions and on there they have random modifiers on items. Does the 3ds not have this feature? The random items is one of my fav things about this game, it gives it a sort of Diablo style loot hunt feeling to me.
yes every version of terraria is the same but some version has exclusives

That's an unimplemented feature for mobile and 3DS versions. But don't worry too much, Goblin Tinkerer still allows you to reforge your items. See http://terraria.wiki.gg/Modifier

That's an unimplemented feature for mobile and 3DS versions. But don't worry too much, Goblin Tinkerer still allows you to reforge your items. See http://terraria.wiki.gg/Modifier

Well dang. That sucks i cant craft like a godly copper sword from normal crafting but i guess its understandable due to the 3ds's specs. Would love to see this in the future for the N3DS if possible but sure its very unlikely. Anyway thanks for the link. At least now i wont waste a bunch of stuff trying to get a good item.

Well dang. That sucks i cant craft like a godly copper sword from normal crafting but i guess its understandable due to the 3ds's specs. Would love to see this in the future for the N3DS if possible but sure its very unlikely. Anyway thanks for the link. At least now i wont waste a bunch of stuff trying to get a good item.
well its possible but because i was able to get plenty of godly or legendary swords

After playing a little more i have found a few things like Menacing Shoe Spikes for example. On every other version of the game, even the mobile that my son is playing all kinds of the items in the inventory have different rarity colors to the items (like green,blue,etc.) All of my items i have in the inventory are all labeled with white names? When i pick them up in the normal world i will see a color, like the mirror showed blue when picking it up but in the inventory its labeled with white letters? Is this just the way it is on 3ds? (no item rarity colors on items) Sorry if this is confusing im not sure how to explain it.

After playing a little more i have found a few things like Menacing Shoe Spikes for example. On every other version of the game, even the mobile that my son is playing all kinds of the items in the inventory have different rarity colors to the items (like green,blue,etc.) All of my items i have in the inventory are all labeled with white names? When i pick them up in the normal world i will see a color, like the mirror showed blue when picking it up but in the inventory its labeled with white letters? Is this just the way it is on 3ds? (no item rarity colors on items) Sorry if this is confusing im not sure how to explain it.
I have seen something similar in weapons with modifiers. They don't show in green or red, indicating good or bad changes. Not completely sure if that's intentional or not, though.

2 questions about the June update...

1. You know when it'll be aviable in eshop (Germany)? I hope early.
2. Plz tell me this crashes all the time will finally end, that really makes me aggressive!

And about another,
Someone told the 3ds cannot handle a bigger world...
Seems strange to me.
Terraria is about 500 Blocks and 16 Bit graphics. I mean look at sth like bravely second which has much better graphics, bigger world, more Stuff and is more then 24.000 Blocks big.
You cannot tell me, that a bigger map and/or few more Stuff Ingame is to Hard to handle for my 3ds ^^

Also i'm confused that terraria sometimes is a bitte laggy on my 3ds and to save the game take so much time °.°
It feels that I try to play Fallout 4 on my 3ds xD

So, with things like bravely default, the world is just a bunch of set pieces. But with terraria, the entire world is randomly generated, it has to be able to handle any combination of block in its memory, and EVERY block, and wall, has its own individual properties.

So, with things like bravely default, the world is just a bunch of set pieces. But with terraria, the entire world is randomly generated, it has to be able to handle any combination of block in its memory, and EVERY block, and wall, has its own individual properties.

Is this difference so big that the 3ds cannot handle that low graphic Blocks? :O

2 questions about the June update...

1. You know when it'll be aviable in eshop (Germany)? I hope early.
2. Plz tell me this crashes all the time will finally end, that really makes me aggressive!

And about another,
Someone told the 3ds cannot handle a bigger world...
Seems strange to me.
Terraria is about 500 Blocks and 16 Bit graphics. I mean look at sth like bravely second which has much better graphics, bigger world, more Stuff and is more then 24.000 Blocks big.
You cannot tell me, that a bigger map and/or few more Stuff Ingame is to Hard to handle for my 3ds ^^

Also i'm confused that terraria sometimes is a bitte laggy on my 3ds and to save the game take so much time °.°
It feels that I try to play Fallout 4 on my 3ds xD
Clearly, you do not understand how games work. File sizes are irrelevant. It's all a matter of how much you can efficiently fit in memory at any one time. I think Terraria loads the entire map in one go - Bravely Second isn't even open world. You're loading segments of areas. That's why it's prettier. But pretty isn't even relevant here, as the two games are completely different games.

Clearly, you do not understand how games work. File sizes are irrelevant. It's all a matter of how much you can efficiently fit in memory at any one time. I think Terraria loads the entire map in one go - Bravely Second isn't even open world. You're loading segments of areas. That's why it's prettier. But pretty isn't even relevant here, as the two games are completely different games.
That can be ^^
And I never said that I know it :D
Atm i just want my game working without crashes :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom