PC 1.3.1 : Mechanics and Controller Support!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Critters spawned from statues are no longer catchable.
Why? Was it that bad that players could catch bunnies and possibly turn them into ammo for the rarely used bunny cannon?
Medusa is now Hardmode-only.
So the weapon it drops is useless now? This NPC really should've been fixed instead of turned into a hardmode one.
You can now find Beehives in the Jungle - Not the bees!
Uh, aren't those old news?
Lowered the volume of the Solar Eruption's use sound.
Can we get a possible option to have "default" sounds only so that we don't have to listen to the mostly annyoing 1.3 weapon sounds? Really liked a lot of the old sounds for death sickle, terra blade, bubble gun and so on.
Fixed NPCs not recognizing kills / interactions properly if they have multiple segments.
So the old destroyer bug with frostburn would be gone but we're still not getting a debuffless destroyer.
Fixed popular NPC Housing exploit.
Another "we fix fun stuff" just like goldfish dropping pirate maps in the ocean and so on, this bug had use in speedrunning.
Fixed Ranger Lifesteal bug.
What?
Fixed Wall of Flesh going above hell and dragging everyone with it.
Oh so this glitched fun is gone too.
Fixed Chlorophyte protection in the jungle not being as effective as it should be.
Never understood why you didn't bother fixing up the entire 1.1 mess with biome spreading instead of doing half fixes like on spectre.
Brain of Cthulhu & Eater of Worlds now properly leave upon massacring the player / if the player leaves their territory.
No more "all bosses" without staying in the crimson/corruption and jungle in the same time? Sad... If you really want to bother fixing that stuff, then dont' forget Queen Bee who doesn't despawn as long as you have a close spawn point.
I hope that the map icons get fixed one day as well.

Awesome!

But I think I found a really massive bug :(
I can't interact with the GUI at all
I think the same happened to me. It's an issue for sure, but try using the WASD keys to navigate and Space to select things. I was able to use it them. That is, it was on the title screen.

Update awful. Where are the new bosses? Where new game events? Who needs mechanisms?
This update is amazing for mapmakers and for people who like playing adventure maps. Just wait a few days, there'll be great adventure maps coming out.

Looks great, can't wait to try this stuff out for myself. Until then though, the best thing I can see about this is the changes to medusa.

Why did you remove the ability to catch critters? I love every other aspect of this update, it is fantastic! However, Explosive Bunnies will be much harder to get. Furthermore, you can already farm bait with the flower boots, so why not just give us more options with the butterfly statue, scorpion statue, and the firefly statue? Other statues offer drops, such as the skeleton statue, but why this change? This made money collection easier, and made statues worth collecting! We need more statues that can be used for things in game, not just for decoration. Decoration is nice, but we need those statues for more useful things! Also, I noticed that harpies from the harpy statues don't drop anything. I don't know if I am just unlucky, but just a head's up.

Why did you remove the ability to catch critters?

Just for clarification, critters can still be caught. However, the statue-spawned ones cannot be caught because it would be too easy to farm high-end bait from them (as opposed to the well known high-yield Grasshopper technique, which are only worth 10% bait power).

1.3.2. To encourage mechanical bosses bosses, you need to put Mechanical skull, mechanical eye or mechanical worm on the ground. Perform the wire into the lever or button and activate.

Ah yes, my bad. I know you can still catch critters that naturally spawn, but you can still farm OP bait from flower boots ( buggy ), so why not just add more options? Also, statues were a good way to farm money through catching critters. I made almost 400 platinum from farming statues. Maybe instead of completely remove the functionality of catching critters from statues, you could make the lightning bugs from the statues only spawn in hardmode, or make a new statue for them. Scorpions are pretty poor bait, so it makes little difference. You could then nerf the sell prices of critters, and also make high-end butterflies hardmode exclusive ( purple-emperor, tree nymph.). I will still use this update to the best of my abilities, but this change could turn away many players.

Ah yes, my bad. I know you can still catch critters that naturally spawn, but you can still farm OP bait from flower boots ( buggy ), so why not just add more options? Also, statues were a good way to farm money through catching critters. I made almost 400 platinum from farming statues. Maybe instead of completely remove the functionality of catching critters from statues, you could make the lightning bugs from the statues only spawn in hardmode, or make a new statue for them. Scorpions are pretty poor bait, so it makes little difference. You could then nerf the sell prices of critters, and also make high-end butterflies hardmode exclusive ( purple-emperor, tree nymph.). I will still use this update to the best of my abilities, but this change could turn away many players.
Flower Boots are rare to get, it is why they tolarate it.

After naming my created map, with my gamepad (im using x360ce) while the world was in progress, I pressed the bumper and trigger and the creating of the world has been reset, is this a bug?

or they need to remove the bumper and trigger buttons's function after the world is in progress of creating the world

xBBghXt.png

Flower Boots are rare to get, it is why they tolarate it.
They are not too rare. Besides, once you get them, you just need to stand with a golden bug net, and get thousands of bait. I really don't see why this nerf was needed. They can tweak the bait percentages, and the sell prices. I just don't want to see this functionality disappear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom