Map-Adventure Tales of the Terrarian

The spikes in the diamond area stopped actuating when I quit and came back later. Is there anything I can do about this?

The spikes in the diamond area stopped actuating when I quit and came back later. Is there anything I can do about this?
Uh this is a kinda bad oversight that will be fixed later, I guess you just have to break the spikes, sorry :(

That was a really enjoyable map! First time experiencing an adventure map on Terraria too! But yeah, the pixel perfect waterbolt was a pain. Other than that, I had no issues other than the fact that it was hard to tell some of the trapdoors.

I'm not 100% sure the best way to describe it but there's been points in the level where it's possible to just skip to the end because a gate unlocked when it shouldn't have a little too early. I only realized I'm not playing through correctly because I watched Pedguins playthrough and parts are definitely missing, haha.

As an example, the sapphire level, I was at the lever that "doesn't seem to work" and jumped back up looking for a way to get down to turn on the power. I noticed the gate blocking the hallway of mob statues was open so I just ran through it and the gem was accessible. The level before it, I was able to just jump up the tower and grab the gem. I was sure there was more to that level too since I couldn't get past the minecart area. Don't think I was supposed to be able to reach it yet :p

This whole map is beautiful built, I gotta say. You folk are remarkably clever and your builds are top notch work even without factoring in how intricate the mechanics built into it are. I downloaded initially because I wanted a better look at your designs and this feature was really well deserved. Keep up the great work!

It appears that the world gets corrupted/is outdated. How do I fix this?

upload_2016-5-22_20-10-48.png

Then this screen happens if I press either "Yes" or "No", and then I can't save it at all.

upload_2016-5-22_20-11-30.png

Screen that comes up if I want to save.

upload_2016-5-22_20-13-49.png

If I press OK, nothing really happens, but the save doesn't go into affect, and if you press cancel, it cancels the save.

I would love to play the map, but I can't. Anyone got fixes?

Why are you opening it in Tedit? You really don't need to be doing that :p Just download the .wld file - drag it into your /worlds folder where the rest of your maps are (C:\Users\USER\Documents\My Games\Terraria\Worlds) , and run your game. It's named "Beta Adventure" (or something along those lines). You should be golden from there!

Why are you opening it in Tedit? You really don't need to be doing that :p Just download the .wld file - drag it into your /worlds folder where the rest of your maps are (C:\Users\USER\Documents\My Games\Terraria\Worlds) , and run your game. It's named "Beta Adventure" (or something along those lines). You should be golden from there!
Thank you. I am not proficient at all in Terraria mechanics, and now know how to actually download maps. Gonna play this tomorrow.

Reactions: Blu
On topaz, I cant figure out where the hell im supposed to go, i literraly explored everywhere Im able to go and cant find anything I could use to
Capture 2016-05-22 18_33_16.png

Attachments

• Capture 2016-05-22 18_33_16.png
    Capture 2016-05-22 18_33_16.png
    365.3 KB · Views: 215
  • upload_2016-5-22_18-36-35.png
    upload_2016-5-22_18-36-35.png
    559.1 KB · Views: 232
I just finished the map, and I've a couple suggestions that would have made it a bit better:

1). The last boss really needed some healing potion love. Especially for the times that there is unavoidable damage and given how many hits it takes to kill him. That, and I wish there was a way to stop the other stuff that's going on as soon as he's dead, because I got killed just after the kill because of... yes, unavoidable damage. I'm thinking that perhaps having the boss's main attack be telegraphed a second before it happens would be a nice thing too.

2). That jump in the Jungle with the two green projectile switches and the non-clingable walls was just out-of-this-world ridiculous, and the placement of the water bubble that's supposed to catch you if you fall doesn't actually catch you and you splat most of the time if you miss the jump. If you jump too late and the first wall reappears, you splat. If you smack into the second wall, you'll probably splat because by the time you realize what happened and try to move back left you're gonna miss the bubble and splat.

Other than that though, I found the map to be really creative and well thought out and the features of 1.3.1 were fairly well-displayed.

Back
Top Bottom